Stephen Fry in America--a visit to the Body Farm

kitbits

9 Lives and holding
Reaction score
Hi, folks...I've been watching Stephen Fry in America, which I think must be showing on BBC in America. Anyway, in Tennesee, he visited the Body Farm, which is basically an outdoor forensics lab that studies the decomposition of bodies, in order to make more accurate time-of-death calculations. Although it was a difficult place for Stephen to visit, he was genuinely appreciative of the work that they are doing and had high praise for their efforts. Here is a recent article from The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...f-Bill-Bass-studies-corpses-on-Body-Farm.html

HI Kitbits - I watched a show about The Body Farm a few days ago. I can't remember where now. It was really interesting and a little disturbing. I totally understand why they are doing and agree it is important but given my own uncomfortable feelings regarding death it would be very difficult for me to see bodies in various forms of decomposition. Just another day at the office for them!

HI Kitbits - I watched a show about The Body Farm a few days ago. I can't remember where now. It was really interesting and a little disturbing. I totally understand why they are doing and agree it is important but given my own uncomfortable feelings regarding death it would be very difficult for me to see bodies in various forms of decomposition. Just another day at the office for them!

hi Gaia...oh, I would have enjoyed that! It is disturbing & fascinating. Not sure if I could stomach it :s And yet, sometimes I think that if I had a scientific brain, some forensic line would have been the way to go. The thought of the place is both compelling and creepy to me, though...so I don't know if I really could handle it.

I guess it takes quite a strong constitution to adopt a purely 'clinical' attitude, though, I reckon sometimes, certain jobs in these fields get to even the strongest of the bunch!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back