Mexican air force confirms UFOs were filmed over country in March

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexican air force pilots filmed 11 unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state, a Defence Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday.

A videotape made widely available to the news media Tuesday shows the bright objects, some sharp points of light and others like large headlights, moving rapidly in what appears to be a late-evening sky.

The lights were filmed March 5 by pilots using infrared equipment. They appeared to be flying at an altitude of about 3,500 metres and allegedly surrounded the air force jet as it conducted routine anti-drug trafficking vigilance in Campeche. Only three of the objects showed up on the plane's radar.

"Was I afraid? Yes," said radar operator Lieut. German Marin in a taped interview made public Tuesday.

"A little afraid because we were facing something that had never happened before."

"I couldn't say what it was...but I think they're completely real," added Lieut. Mario Adrian Vazquez, the infrared equipment operator.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/05/11/455568-ap.html

geez, Cass, maybe this was the same UFO the Prime Minister's plane encountered on March 21 (LOL).

LOL... could be, except I think the PM's was a meteor ;)

glad you posted this cass! i just moved to a hilltop cabin overlooking the pacific ocean (am sooo happy), and the other morning before sun rise i was admiring the beautiful clear stars. there were 2 side by side and while i was looking at them the one on the left started moving horizontly ( in a straight line) away from the other and dissapered! was not a falling star, was not a jet but was very visable in it's action. the other star stayed put along with the reat of the stars in the sky. pretty cool! :rolleyes:

Hi lex... it was a helicoptor :D

My ex-husband is a nut... he dragged me all over the world, to Area 51, to stonehenge in England, to Giza in egypt, to Tulum and chitzenitza in Mexico...Loch Ness in Scotland, he thinks he was abducted, all his life he 'felt' something was happening... experiments were done on him.

He is so into UFO's (literally!) LOL

He is convinced the world is going to end on June 8th, 2004... got a nice email from him

"Dear Cass, on June 8th a mile wide astroid will slam into the earth and destroy 97% of all life on the planet... have a nice day... Rob"

He gets this from the celestial event that will take place that day... Venus will pass between the earth and the sun for the first time in a gazillion years and visible to the human eye.. .for the first time ever.. a big event for astronomers.

Are you still wondering why he is my ex-husband? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

hi cass, it's nice you remain friends with your ex. and you got to travel! lol. actually the only visible house from mine, about a third of a mile away, has a hellaport and a hellacopter took off the other morning. but this moving star seemed way far away. i only rent (got a great deal) but i have some wealthy neighbors.

I didn't know the world was going to end this year-June 8, 2004 from an asteroid!

Cass, I like that email, "the world's going to end, have a nice day!"

I thought it was supposed to end in 2005 from a polar shift!! :doh:

Does Venus really only come between us and the sun so rarely?

Interesting.

JMO

MomLady

MomLady said:
Does Venus really only come between us and the sun so rarely?
The Transit of Venus

A transit of Venus is so rare that no human now alive has witnessed this celestial event. On June 8, 2004, observers around much of the world will see Venus drift across the face of the sun as Venus passes between the sun and earth.

http://www.transitofvenus.org/

Mexican UFOs could have been just a case of gas: scientist

MEXICO CITY (AP) - A series of brightly lit, rapidly moving objects filmed in the skies over Mexico could have been caused by a scientific phenomenon involving gases in the atmosphere, a scientist said Thursday.

Visible only with infrared equipment, the fast-moving lights were captured by Mexican air force cameras March 5 but made public only this week, sparking rampant speculation they were flying saucers. Julio Herrera, a nuclear science researcher at Mexico's National Autonomous University, said the bright blurs could have been caused by electrical flashes emitted spontaneously by the atmosphere.

"They are very strange phenomenon and there is little information about them," Herrera said of the atmospheric flashes in a phone interview.

"That's what's so interesting."

He said more data than is available on the videotape would be necessary to determine if that hypothesis is correct, including precise information on atmospheric conditions at the time the lights appeared.

The Campeche coast on the Gulf of Mexico, where the objects were filmed, is Mexico's main oil- and gas-producing region. Oil platforms release or burn off some of the gas they produce.

http://www.canada.com/news/oddities/story.html?id=2bb6629f-c770-4292-9665-ab19c4b578fc

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back