Acceptable email address questions

BeavisMom62

No, Butthead is NOT here!!
Reaction score
WS Admin? Since I have been a member for a year and have an AOL account, how or will this affect me? Is there anything I have to do or change? I'm not signed up to receive an email when a thread I am interested in is updated, only because I am interested in so many, so I just go to those threads and read. Is this a problem? I hope I have no worries in this regard because I love WS and would hate to lose my access or membership because of AOL. Thank you in advance.

Nope - nothing you have to do. But bear in mind that since you cannot get email from websleuths.com you will need to contact one of the staff if you want to change your password or email address, as the automated methods work by sending email instructions to the address on file.
Sorry to sound dense, but why can't I get email from WS? I mean other than if I elected to be notified about threads I am posting in (which I haven't). I can't remember if I ever have or not, but what sort of email would I get? I mean why would WS contact me by email rather than PM? I remember at one time Tricia needed us to give her our email addresses and at that time I wasn't told that my aol email was a problem. I know I sound dumb but unfortunately, I am one of the computer illiterates. :crazy: Thanks in advance, . You are always one of the brains around here!

Any email from the board will come from websleuths.com. AOL will block it - this is recent, the past couple of weeks.

Why would you get mail from the board?

--You are signed up for email alerts. But it appears you are not.

--Another member wants to send you an email and you have allowed this.

--An admin wants to send you an email and you have allowed this.

--You want to reset your password or email address

I'm an AOL'er too, I could change it to comcast, but what a hassle to notify you guys. I can add WS to my address book and it would get to me just fine.

So ... if a mod wanted to send me an email from WS, what address should I put into the book? Not that I anticipate getting anything, but I did get birthday greetings!

Thanks!

I'm an AOL'er too, I could change it to comcast, but what a hassle to notify you guys. I can add WS to my address book and it would get to me just fine.

So ... if a mod wanted to send me an email from WS, what address should I put into the book? Not that I anticipate getting anything, but I did get birthday greetings!

Thanks!

Thats kinda what I thought, Otter! Thanks.

i have a query...i have a web-based email account...well...3 really: one that i use regularly, another that i use for 'professional' reasons (on my CV, aka resumé) and another that i use for MSN messenger. anyway, the first 2 are yahoo and WS rejected the one i use regularly, so i tried the 'professional' yahoo addy & that worked. could it be because of the name on the one i use regularly? don't really want to post it here for obvious reasons...it's not an obscene name, just a bit kitschy.

hope this makes sesne!

Evidently the problem for my new e-mail address has been corrected. Many thanks!

Thanks!

Mine come through to me on aol just fine. I am signed up for alerts. got several just today...

My registered email address is my work email, I've just left that job and my only personal email is AOL. Is it ok to update my email to the AOL address?

I have been a member on websleuths since 2009 but recently lost my job which was the email address I used. I only have a gmail account now. What happens now? Will I still be able to post replies despite using an email address that is no longer active?

My friend is trying to join here to post about the Krista Dittmeyer case and is having trouble because of the email thing. She is unable to use the ISP provider because in order to set up an account there it needs to be in her moms name.

HI, my daughter has been trying to register with WS. For some reason she is having trouble doing this. I thought I might be able to help her.
This is her information: hi mama, here is my info/email address:

<personal information snipped>

Hi WS mods.

When I joined here, I had a work (government) email address.

I now freelance and work from home so my only email addy is my gmail one.

Is this an issue? I don't think I would be getting emails from WS anyway, but just in case, I was wondering...

Hi WS mods.

When I joined here, I had a work (government) email address.

I now freelance and work from home so my only email addy is my gmail one.

Is this an issue? I don't think I would be getting emails from WS anyway, but just in case, I was wondering...

Not at all. If you need help changing it to your gmail account, send me a message privately and I'll do it for you. :hug:

How long does it normally take for an account to be accepted? I registered but
am still waiting to be accepted. I had tried to use my yahoo email but that did not work so I used my hotmail account, I got an activation notice but nothing else since I activated my account!

I signed up, received my welcome, I'm logged in but can't use the search forum feature. I only have a gmail account. Please help me rectify this issue.

I signed up, received my welcome, I'm logged in but can't use the search forum feature. I only have a gmail account. Please help me rectify this issue.

i think you just need more posts and then you'll get access to some features.

I would like to change my email address from a yahoo account to a gmail account. I want to delete my yahoo account because the only thing I still use it for is websleuths. My gmail is my permanent account that I've had for over 10 years. I've went through the correct things on my profile to change my address, but it tells me I need to "click here" to ask to change it and when I click there, nothing happens.

I would like to change my email address from a yahoo account to a gmail account. I want to delete my yahoo account because the only thing I still use it for is websleuths. My gmail is my permanent account that I've had for over 10 years. I've went through the correct things on my profile to change my address, but it tells me I need to "click here" to ask to change it and when I click there, nothing happens.

Anyone needing to update an email address can contact me privately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back