CA - Xiana Fairchild, 7, abducted & murdered, Vallejo, 9 Dec 1999

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
In a one-line release Tuesday, Santa Clara County officials announced they had made an arrest in the murder of Xiana Fairchild -- the little Vallejo girl who disappeared in December 1999 and whose skull was found in rural Santa Clara County in January 2001.

No other details were immediately released, but one law enforcement source has told KTVU that the suspect arrested was Curtis Dean Anderson. He is currently serving a life sentence for the abduction and assault of another Vallejo youngster.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/3294071/detail.html

Factually he was given 251 years, the maximum he could recieve by the judge, Allan P. Carter who tried his case (July 2001) in the abduction of Midsi Sanchez (in 2000). It has always been comon knowledge that he, an admitted pedophile was the abductor and murderer of Xiana Fairchild as well.
He's been in prison for almost 3 years now, they have had this information for over 3 years and are just now getting around to charging him for the abduction, molestation and murder of Xiana?

From an August 2001 article: "Anderson appeared in court over the following year, pleading innocent to all the charges. But in numerous tantalizing interviews with the media he gave confusing statements about the case, often implicating himself in the abduction of other young girls, including Xiana Fairchild."

He had even been to Xiana's mother's apartment and spent the night there on at least one ocassion according to old reports.

The thing that sickens me the most is that this guy confessed to the abduction and murder of Xiana in 2001 when he was arrested. He confessed and they took an additional 3 years to waste taxpayers money to "investigate" his claims? Some of Xiana's personal posessions were even found in his car!
Anderson told various news organizations that he kidnapped and killed Xiana. Kahalekulu, the girl's great-aunt, said Anderson had told her the same thing in November 2000 and had revealed details only her family and police knew.

If only her family and the police would have known this info he related that should have been enough to convict. Too bad they didn't let Juan succeed when he jumped him in the courtroom back in 2001 during the trial.

Xiana Fairchild's great-aunt Stephanie Kahalekulu spoke out to reporters today saying she wants Curtis Dean Anderson get much more than just the death penalty for killing the 7-year-old in late 1999 or early 2000.

"I'd like to see him get the death penalty," she said.

"Even better, and I know this never happens in the legal system, I'd like to see him tortured, in fear and in pain on a daily basis the way (Fairchild) was."
http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1862819

Convicted child molester Curtis Dean Anderson will be charged today as the man who abducted and killed 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild of Vallejo, according to the Solano County district attorney Tuesday.

District Attorney David Paulson and several of Xiana's family members said Anderson, 43, now serving a 251-year prison sentence in another Vallejo abduction case, is expected to be named at a news conference today in San Jose.
http://www.sanmateocountytimes.com/Stories/0,1413,87~11268~2143201,00.html

He bragged about kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild, but it took authorities more than three years to get enough evidence to arrest Curtis Dean Anderson for the murder.
http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/9265951p-10190895c.html

In the end, Curtis Dean Anderson got what he wanted.
The 43-year-old convicted sexual deviant, who had bragged for years that he was key in the disappearance of Xiana Fairchild, will be arraigned today in Santa Clara Superior Court in the 1999 kidnapping and murder of the 7-year-old, who disappeared as she walked to a school bus stop in downtown Vallejo

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/9276221p-10201171c.html

Convicted child molester Curtis Dean Anderson has told investigators he kept 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild captive for several weeks after kidnapping her from Vallejo in 1999 and videotaped himself molesting her, authorities say.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/05/13/BAGM86KKVV1.DTL

Convicted child molester and murder suspect Curtis Dean Anderson regrets nothing he's done and feels no pity for the people he's hurt.

On the other hand, he doesn't blame his victim's family for wanting revenge.

``If my sister came home with a chunk out of her leg'' from a dog bite, he said in a jailhouse interview Saturday, ``I'd shoot the dog.''

Welcome to the world according to Curtis Dean Anderson.

It's a world, however twisted, with its own code of conduct -- one that is singularly his. In that world, you must protect those you love but may still prey on others.

Anderson, 43, who is serving a 251-year-sentence for kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 8-year-old Vallejo girl in 2000, was charged earlier this month in the death of Xiana Fairchild, 7, another Vallejo girl, who disappeared in December 1999. He is being held in Santa Clara County jail.

He has taunted reporters and tortured Xiana's family for years with tales of how he abducted the girl.

Now that authorities believe him, he's not as talkative.

``I can't get into that,'' a gaunt and toothless Anderson said when asked if he killed Xiana.

He will say that he was acquainted with the little girl, admitting that he gave her a ride to school once before her disappearance. And he said he was speaking the truth when he told Xiana's great-aunt, Stephanie Kahalekulu, that he knew where the girl was.

Anderson will even concede that whatever interaction he had with Xiana was probably illegal and that he has ``some knowledge'' about how part of the child's skull ended up in the Los Gatos hills.

But he said he can't say any more because of the pending case against him. And he doesn't care about any suffering his words or deeds might cause.

``It's not my place to worry and care about everybody else,'' he said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/8737527.htm

Curtis Dean Anderson told investigators he lured 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild to his car with candy and quarters, drove her to a 13th Street boarding house in San Jose and kept her captive for at least three weeks in a closet.

Anderson also described how he forced the girl to have sex every day and rented her out for sex with other pedophiles before killing her and burying her in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Investigators recounted Anderson's admissions during a Monday preliminary hearing for a possible trial that could put Anderson -- already in prison for a 251-year sentence for kidnapping another girl -- on death row. The admissions would lead to Anderson's arrest for Xiana's 1999 kidnapping and eventual killing.

But as one detective after another took the witness stand to recount what Anderson had allegedly told them and others, they acknowledged that Anderson would play ``verbal games,'' never giving a straight answer, never telling the complete truth.

And Anderson's public defenders, Ken Mandel and Miguel Rodriguez, on Monday tried to show that Anderson's friend, Brian Goodan, and brother, Zack, also also had access to the room where Xiana was held.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/the_valley/11428045.htm

A brother of convicted child kidnapper Curtis Dean Anderson, the former Vallejo cab driver charged with abducting and murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild, testified Tuesday about how Anderson admitted five years ago to "taking" a girl.

On the second day of a preliminary hearing to determine whether Anderson should stand trial in Xiana's slaying, 42-year-old Zack W. Anderson recounted a brief conversation with his older brother about six months after the Vallejo girl's 1999 disappearance.

"He said, 'I took that girl,'" Zack Anderson said under questioning by deputy district attorney Charles Constantinides. He said he didn't take his brother's words seriously, mainly because of Curtis Anderson's penchant for telling tall tales.

Curtis Anderson, who turned 44 on Tuesday, is charged with kidnapping, molesting and murdering Xiana, who disappeared from Vallejo on Dec. 9, 1999. He has pleaded not guilty to those charges, which include special circumstance allegations that raise the possibility of a death penalty.

Xiana's skull was found in the Santa Cruz Mountains in January 2001. Curtis Anderson was arrested and charged in May 2004 in her death. For several years, Anderson had suggested to police and reporters he had something to do with Xiana's disappearance. Some of his claims have been corroborated; others have not.

Curtis Anderson is serving a sentence of 251 years in prison for kidnapping and molesting an 8-year-old Vallejo girl in August 2000.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/crime_courts/11440225.htm

A Santa Clara County judge today ruled that enough evidence exists to try Curtis Dean Anderson for the murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild.

Superior Court Judge Ron Del Pozzo issued his ruling at the conclusion of a preliminary hearing that lasted two and one-half days.

The prosecution presented evidence that Anderson bragged about strangling Xiana while he was molesting her and filming the entire incident. He also bragged to a fellow inmate at Corcoran State Prison that he decapitated Xiana after killing her, according to testimony during the hearing. He also allegedly claimed to have killed 15 people during his lifetime.

"Curtis Dean Anderson, you will stand trial for the kidnapping, molestation and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild,'' Del Pozzo said.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsne...eadlineNews/TRIAL-ANDERSON/resources_bcn_html

The man accused of kidnapping and murdering 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild in 1999 allegedly had a pattern of stalking Vallejo schoolgirls, according to Tuesday testimony in a San Jose courthouse.

In the day's most horrific revelation, a Vallejo police detective testified that a prison informant said Curtis Dean Anderson bragged that he had videotaped himself strangling Xiana as he sexually assaulted the drugged child -- before beheading her.

The testimony came on the second day of a preliminary hearing to determine if there's sufficient evidence to make Anderson, 44, stand trial for the kidnap-murder of Xiana. Anderson is charged with abducting her in Vallejo as she walked to school, and then sexually assaulting and killing her as she was held captive at his San Jose boardinghouse room before dumping her body in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Santa Clara County Judge Ron Del Pozzo is expected to rule today on whether Anderson will stand trial.

Prosecutors have yet to decide whether Anderson should face the death penalty.

Vallejo police detective Jolene Spears testified that Anderson was already serving a 251-year prison sentence for the August 2000 abduction of an 8-year-old Vallejo girl as she walked home from Highland Elementary School. Anderson was convicted in 2001 of dragging the girl into his tan four-door Oldsmobile sedan and spiriting her away to Santa Clara County, where he repeatedly molested her during a two-day ordeal. The girl freed herself from a leg shackle when her abductor briefly left the parked car in Santa Clara, and she flagged down a passing trucker, who called police.

As police were investigating the kidnapping of the girl who escaped, Spears testified, a third girl, also an 8-year-old attending Highland school, came forward to identify Anderson out of a photo lineup as a man who briefly lured her into a brown four-door sedan on her way to school, Spears said. Police learned of the third girl after her foster mother told them that a news reporter had approached her and said Anderson had told him about the kidnap attempt during a jailhouse interview.

While Anderson's defense attorneys say he's just made up bogus confessions to "play games" with authorities, he may ultimately be done in by his own words. Police often secretly recorded Anderson's jailhouse admissions to reporters, and now investigators are attempting to show that the defendant gave reliable clues about how he allegedly abducted and killed Xiana. Vallejo police Detective James Matthews Jr. testified that a fellow inmate at Corcoran State Prison named Louis Oliverez had told investigators last year about Anderson's bragging that he had videotaped Xiana's death. Anderson, who during an interview with a reporter compared himself with infamous serial killers like Ted Bundy, also claimed to have gotten away with murdering 15 total victims. He's been charged only with Xiana's murder

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/04/20/BAGDQCBL2845.DTL

Curtis Dean Anderson will stand trial for the 1999 murder and kidnapping of Xiana Fairchild, a Santa Clara County judge ruled Wednesday.
Judge Ron Del Pozzo's ruling against the 44-year-old defendant came after more than two days of often graphic testimony from detectives and even a story from a fellow inmate. They quoted Anderson as admitting to kidnapping Xiana from Vallejo on Dec. 9, 1999, and then taking her to San Jose where he molested and killed the 7-year-old before disposing of her remains in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

It was not immediately clear when Anderson's trial will begin. He is currently serving a 251-years-to-life term for kidnaping and molesting another Vallejo girl nine months after Xiana went missing.

In the Xiana case, Anderson is charged with murder, kidnapping and kidnapping a person under 14 years of age during the commission of a crime and, committing a lewd act with a child under 14. He is scheduled for arraignment on the charges at 1:30 p.m. May 2.

Before Del Pozzo's ruling, a Santa Clara County District Attorney investigator testified that before Xiana was killed, a San Jose mother filed a police report that Anderson molested her children while he lived briefly with her family.

Investigator Michael Joseph Schembri testified about a conversation he had April 8 with a woman who believes Anderson molested her three daughters.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/Stories/0,1413,296~31531~2828366,00.html

More than five years after Xiana Fairchild vanished from a Vallejo street on her way to school, a man already serving a 251-year kidnapping and molestation sentence will be tried for her abduction and killing.

``Curtis Dean Anderson, you will stand trial for the kidnapping, molestation and murder of Xiana Fairchild,'' Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Ron Del Pozzo said Wednesday, looking at the wheelchair-bound defendant before him. Anderson, 44, is scheduled to be arraigned in San Jose on May 2.

The evidence presented over three days was based largely on admissions Anderson made to other inmates, detectives and reporters covering the Vallejo girl's disappearance.

But Anderson's statements have often been cryptic and conflicting. And the truth about Xiana's final days is uncertain.

Both the prosecutor and public defender acknowledged that Anderson has a penchant for telling stories and embellishing the truth -- revelations which could complicate a potential capital punishment case. But it doesn't necessarily favor the defense.

A defense attorney may try to discredit what a defendant has said to others, but faced with a series of incriminating statements, jurors could selectively choose which statements to believe, said Stanford Law Professor Robert Weisberg.

``The jury is likely to say, `We know he sometimes utters nonsense, but we believe his self-incriminations,' '' Weisberg said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/11449931.htm

I am just getting around to reading this thread, and I am literally nauseous after the first post.

You know, for anyone that doesn't believe in the death penalty, read these articles ... each one is worse than the one before it, and I didn't think that was possible after reading the first one!

And this sick *advertiser censored* is in a wheelchair and afflicted with colon cancer? Much too good for him. May he suffer terribly for many years. I have not a shred of forgiveness for this one.

God bless this family, coping with this knowledge, that they will have to live with forever, of what this demon did to their little girl.

JerseyGirl said:
You know, for anyone that doesn't believe in the death penalty, read these articles ... each one is worse than the one before it, and I didn't think that was possible after reading the first one!

And this sick *advertiser censored* is in a wheelchair and afflicted with colon cancer? Much too good for him. May he suffer terribly for many years. I have not a shred of forgiveness for this one.

God bless this family, coping with this knowledge, that they will have to live with forever, of what this demon did to their little girl.

I agree with you 100%!!! :twocents:

The timing of these stories so soon after Jessica and Sarah just really did something to me. I kept posting in this compulsively, but it makes me so sick! What happened to these children was so horrible that no person should ever have to go through this but- esp not these babies!

mysteriew said:
The timing of these stories so soon after Jessica and Sarah just really did something to me. I kept posting in this compulsively...
I know exactly what you mean. I do web searches at least weekly on all of the little girls we've been discussing recently so that I can post updates. These crimes are incomprehensible yet I also seek out the information, almost as if to make sure that these beautiful children aren't forgotten. It does become almost a compulsion.

POSTED: 2:47 pm PST December 15, 2005
UPDATED: 6:48 pm PST December 15, 2005

SAN JOSE -- Convicted felon Curtis Dean Anderson pleaded guilty Thursday to the 1999 kidnapping, molestation and murder of 7-year-old Xiana Fairchild."You never would have thought you would hear him say he was guilty," Xiana's great aunt, Stephanie Kahalekulu, said. "He was just too cocky for that. Something's happened. He didn't have the threat of the death penalty."

Following his plea, Anderson was sentenced to 50 years to life in prison. The Santa Clara County district attorney's office decided not to seek the death penalty for Anderson for several reasons, including his health and out of concern for another of his victims.

Anderson is already serving a 251-year prison sentence for kidnapping and molesting a now-13-year-old Vallejo girl who escaped from him in Santa Clara in August 2000. Prosecutors wanted to protect her from having to testify at a high-profile trial.

Chief Assistant District Attorney Karyn Sinunu said Xiana's family wanted Anderson to admit responsibility for her murder. Anderson is also ill and would likely not be executed even if had had been convicted and sentenced to death.

"We believe that he would not live out the appellate process as it is in California," Sinunu said.At his preliminary hearing in April, prosecutors presented evidence that Anderson bragged about strangling Xiana while he was molesting her and filming the entire incident.

He also bragged to a fellow inmate at Corcoran State Prison that he decapitated Xiana after killing her, according to testimony during the hearing. He also allegedly claimed to have killed 15 people during his lifetime.

Xiana disappeared from her Vallejo neighborhood in December 1999. Her remains were found in Santa Clara County, above Lexington Reservoir, in 2001. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/5546010/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back