Hypothetical question about your feelings for the Anthony's

elle1919

Reaction score
I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I have 4 children and each one has been in their fair share of trouble over the years, and I remember telling them at an early age, Mommy will always love you no matter what, or honey you could never do anything to make me not love you....I just feel like after all is said and done they are still her parents and I don't think it would mean they loved Caylee any less if they support Casey. They just need to be honest and put all this to rest....they can still support their daughter....right?

If they admitted what they know and stop bashing the LE, media and everyone else trying to help, I would feel differently about them.

They can still support KC (although not sure how) and that would be ok wiht me. Until these people find a way to deal with everything without the lies and anger directed at the wrong people, then I have no use for them.

My opinion about the A's has nothing to do with whether the A;s believe Caylee is alive or dead or if they support KC or not. It has to do with how statements about events changed to support KC.

Good post. Part of loving our children is also "tough love" it is the right thing to do IMO to keep loving your children. But how can you support someone who had killed another human especially a defensless child? Support? I am not sure about supporting when you are getting only lies from your child.
I do agree if the A's would come clean or even acknowledge the evidence instead of twisting and turning the story around and actually say their daughter is a liar or even admit she is involved.... then I think more compassion would be shown.
I feel very bad for this family however to keep playing LE and the general public as fools then I think they are going to be hard pressed for support. JMHO

My opinion about the A's has nothing to do with whether the A;s believe Caylee is alive or dead or if they support KC or not. It has to do with how statements about events changed to support KC.

I agree....I go back to when Cindy asked Casey...."WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"
I think the Anthony's first instinct was the best and most honest....now they are just trapped in this media frenzy. If they would have stuck with their first instincts and allowed themselves to believe Casey killed Caylee....we might be in a different place right now.

I think the A's got caught in a downward spiral from the beginning. They can't escape the mistakes they made in the past. The only person truly deserving of all of the negativity is KC. Her lies and her 31 days are the only thing the A's have-because from the start everyone else looked at the whole family with skepticism. Nothing they do today will change public opinion. From the moment they began to clean out the car.....but if I recovered my child's vehicle from a towyard, where I know its been sitting for several days, and I'd been in touch with the child or at least had recent texts-my first thought at the stench would certainly not be "well, I guess my child has gone and killed my grandbaby....better preserve all this evidence". My first thought would more than likely be "I'm gonna strangle my child for keeping this car in such pigsty condition that some vermin has up and died in it" and I'd be workin' my *advertiser censored* off cleaning out the yuck and counting to 10...many times...probably into the thousands before I even tried to call the little brat about the missing $$$$ and credit card charges. I'm trying really hard to see this from all sides, because the media picture is pretty blurry and makes me dizzy. The puzzle just isn't fitting and maybe a different perspective is needed. I'm hoping the truth will set them free.

I would expect anyone to love and support their own child. IMO, they would have to change HOW they choose to support KC. You can surely love and support your child without lying and covering up for them and making ridiculous excuses for their behavior.

I would expect anyone to love and support their own child. IMO, they would have to change HOW they choose to support KC. You can surely love and support your child without lying and covering up for them and making ridiculous excuses for their behavior.

For sure...I hope the Anthony's get to this point someday ....soon

Sure, it would help, but they'd also have to issue public apologies for everyone they've accused of wong doing, insulted, assaulted, etc.

I can understand loving your child, no matter what, but they have done so much beyond that.

I have a daughter at 22 act out just like CA and she also had a child. We let her act out we warn her and she does not have custody. We did what we thought was the safest for my grandson. I don't regret it after this case. I love my daughter but i will not stand behind her a less she told truth and nothing but the truth. i would nrever cover up if something happen to my grandson. We are mad at them because they no truth and they arecovering up about a little girl that is not old another to speak up or protect her self. The grandparents need to come out with truth their daughter is old to take care of her self. there should no excuse for this kind action or crime on three year old little girl. I think it little late for CA AND GA to start telling the truth.

I was just wondering....I wanted to know if people would still feel so much anger towards the Anthony family if they came out and said we know Caylee is dead, we know Casey had something to do with that death, but we still feel an obligation to our daughter and will try to support her in the best way we can.

Do any of you think the Anthony's feel they might be thought of as monsters if they still loved and supported their daughter even though she took Caylee from them?

I have 4 children and each one has been in their fair share of trouble over the years, and I remember telling them at an early age, Mommy will always love you no matter what, or honey you could never do anything to make me not love you....I just feel like after all is said and done they are still her parents and I don't think it would mean they loved Caylee any less if they support Casey. They just need to be honest and put all this to rest....they can still support their daughter....right?

They can still support their daughter, but they need to tell the truth. They have every right to love and support KC, that isn't the problem. The problem is that they know Caylee's body is out there somewhere and they intentionally try to hamper any attempts to find it.

If that were the case, no I would not be angry, supporting thier daughter would be understanable

Honestly I think that if the A's came out and said, "hey, we know Caylee is gone but Casey is our daughter and we will stand by her" people would lighten WAY up on them. I think its far more understandable than trying to play the public for fools. I think we can all appreciate the horrific situation they would be in.

jmo

I would expect them to stand by her and help her. That has never been my problem with the A's. I would even expect them to deny she is gone, even if they thought differently.. That is a public thing dealing with their daughters case.. what they say or do in private would be different.

They have done all they can do to and stuff they shouldn't have done, to try and stop searches. By their actions, they have made this case sound like a 3 ring circus. IT's their "my way or the high way" game they play.

I understand the double grief. And the need to stand by and support their love one who is still here. It's for the courts to try her and punish her. No matter what KC has done, they still love their daughter. What parent would stop loving their child? What parent would stop trying to help their child? Nope, it's not the grief or the love. IT's the other stuff they have done.

I do not view what the A's are doing as supporting their daughter. I have 6 kids- ages 17,16,12,11,4 and almost 3. I love them with all my heart. When they make bad choices, they suffer the consequences of their choices. My 12year old will miss a skating party tonight as a result of a bad choice yesterday. I don't lie for them or defend them when they have obviously done something wrong. When the big ones do something that negatively impacts one of the little ones, I do not look the other way because they are my child. I hold them to an even higher level of accountability than I would a stranger. Because they are my children. And I want them to learn responsibility before they are an adult.

I view what the A's are doing as enabling. I do pray for them.

Sorry I know I have said this before but they lost me the moment the dead body turned into a pizza and more so when CA made the comment about maybe someone put another body in the car after it was towed

I would not feel the annimonsity towards them that I do right now.
Families cannot always be resonsible for what their individual members
do or not do. We would expect a family to love their members but
not necessarily condone their actions. Having a family member that
murdered another family member has put me in a similar situation.
I fully expected the murderer to be punished as appropriately as the
state could. I find their continued confusing actions to be vulgar and
disloyal to Caylee.

I do not view what the A's are doing as supporting their daughter. I have 6 kids- ages 17,16,12,11,4 and almost 3. I love them with all my heart. When they make bad choices, they suffer the consequences of their choices. My 12year old will miss a skating party tonight as a result of a bad choice yesterday. I don't lie for them or defend them when they have obviously done something wrong. When the big ones do something that negatively impacts one of the little ones, I do not look the other way because they are my child. I hold them to an even higher level of accountability than I would a stranger. Because they are my children. And I want them to learn responsibility before they are an adult.

I view what the A's are doing as enabling. I do pray for them.

Mine are 17,16,12, and 10....I agree with everything you said, and i do the same with my own children. It's clear Cindy Anthony for one has never done this but there is no time like the present to begin. She can still support Casey and be honest and sleep at night was my point.

They can still support their daughter, but they need to tell the truth. They have every right to love and support KC, that isn't the problem. The problem is that they know Caylee's body is out there somewhere and they intentionally try to hamper any attempts to find it.

ITA. And why, why don't they want her found? To hopefully sway jurors away from the DP? That does not wash anymore. I would need this part of this ordeal to be over with. I would want Caylee found, she's been gone too long. she's their granddaughter for pete's sake.
Let the chips fall where they may, honestly I don't think they can change anything with all of their gobbly gook anyway. Support KC later.

MOO

I will let this fly for awhile. If it turns into yet another hate filled,negative Anthony family bashing thread it will be shut down and TO's given.
I am no Anthony family fan, but the bashing does not advance any discussion,discovery or investigation of this case.
Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie