Defense Witness List

Celt1997

Reaction score
I just saw on the Myorangeclerk website that the Defense filed its witness list yesterday (11/20). Will this be released like the State's list, or can the Defense keep this private?

I saw that as well. I would imagine that it will be made public as well.

Slightly OT here, but why would JB & team want to move forward with a speedy trial by April? Most murder trials don't happen until at least a year after indictments. How do they think they can prepare a proper defense? Did the perp admit something and they are rushing before remains are found? Or do they beleive the prosecution's case is weak? I am dumbfounded on this one.

Slightly OT here, but why would JB & team want to move forward with a speedy trial by April? Most murder trials don't happen until at least a year after indictments. How do they think they can prepare a proper defense? Did the perp admit something and they are rushing before remains are found? Or do they beleive the prosecution's case is weak? I am dumbfounded on this one.

In hopes Caylee isn't found by the time they go to trial, perhaps?

So the entire list consists of only the 3 witnesses: Daniel, Kobilinsky and Lee. WOW! Not one other person. They will cross examine the witnesses on the State's list, but still...... they could only find 3 experts to testify. None of KC's friends to say KC was with them at such and such a time, not her parents or brother, I'm shocked.

Salem

Is there a reason the defense doesn't even list the "mother of the year's" parents & brother as witnesses?

Just 3 experts & that's all?

Seems to me they are just playing legal games here & have no intentions of going to trial in January really.

Okay - I thought this trial was already scheduled for Jan. 5th, 2009. Why does everyone keep saying it has to be scheduled by April?

Salem

IMO he wants to get it over with while there no body. The prosecution has less time to prepare as well.

IMO he wants to get it over with while there no body. The prosecution has less time to prepare as well.

Oops, hehe, forgot about prosecution preparing. Smacks side of head.

I think the state will make Kobi look like and A%# and they will probably bring up to the jury in opening and closing arguements how he flip flopped after he was hired by the defense. Also, I think they will/should discredit H. Lee about past trials in which he testified. Not sure of the whole story but just what I had read on here.

THREE witnesses?!?
REALLY?!
Oh, sorry...I suppose some people in this case may prefer to tell the truth and testify for the prosecution. :rolleyes:

The 3 witnesses are all experts, to imply doubt with forenic results. And let's not forget, more witnesses can be added at any time. This list is just to try to gain the upper hand at this point, and to keep the death penalty off the table, but may turn to bite.

In hopes Caylee isn't found by the time they go to trial, perhaps?
----------------------------
I think so too,takes edge off death penalty, leads me to think it is possible to find body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back