George A admits losing money to email scam

Hmmm.... I wonder if CA know now or eventually found out and that is why they are thinking of all these schemes for money. That is sad though. He must have been pretty desperate and gullible.

The case gets stranger and stranger by the day. I guess the Anthonys are use to lying to each other.

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

Do people really still fall for those "You have millions of dollars waiting for you, just give me your credit card number first!" emails anymore???

During an interview with the FBI earlier this summer, George Anthony admitted that he'd lost the family's money in an e-mail scam - something he hadn't divulged to his wife.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...cindy-anthony-112108,0,371314.story?track=rss

Not trying to be snarly BUT this just screams the mentality of it all.

Disparate times; disparate measures. Wrong way to fix a serious financial issue. Didn't GA say at one time that he is computer savvy, but KC is smarter on the computer than he was.

I certainly hope the FBI wanted proof of this. Goes to credibility of GA.

This is unbelievably sad to me that he would fall for this in the first place and then not share it with his wife. Speaks about the family dynamics. But to add insult to injury this poor dude has to have his terrible judgement plastered all the media.
wowza, imo it has nothing to do with Caylee, but just more dirt.

The keyword in that story was "lie" -- YAWN.

During an interview with the FBI earlier this summer, George A. admitted that he'd lost the family's money in an e-mail scam - something he hadn't divulged to his wife.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...cindy-anthony-112108,0,371314.story?track=rss

Oh wow!!! I just read the article. Why would George lie about being scammed and attribute the losses to a gambling addiction.

Really, that means if he is telling this stuff to the FBI, that he waited a heckuva long time to notify authorities that a crime had occurred, a crime which effected the whole family.
Now that rings a bell...

And this man was former LE? My goodness you would think he would have known better to fall for a scam such as that. He never stopped to wonder how they got his email address? Maybe had they sent him a letter he could have thought it legit, but come on an email? This is one strange family for sure.

Rick, Cindy's brother said that they are the stupidest people around.
This makes that evident!

That he was a COP makes this even more unbelievable to me. And the fact that these types of emails have been known for YEARS to be scams.

It doesn't say when this happened. In one of the interviews George states financial reasons as one of the causes for their separation. He also said either the kids or Casey specifically.

It appears that LE is on to everything. There is probably a whole lot more to come out!

This proves to me that they are looking at all the angles! They may be wondering if this was a scam of some sort for money. That's part of the discovery of what is REALLY going on.

I would venture to think the FBI has people that have come up with every angle we have thought of and then some! If they, after all of this, believe Caylee is dead that is proof enough for me!

This is unbelievably sad to me that he would fall for this in the first place and then not share it with his wife. Speaks about the family dynamics. But to add insult to injury this poor dude has to have his terrible judgement plastered all the media.
wowza, imo it has nothing to do with Caylee, but just more dirt.

SAD is right !!!! Privacy is non-existent for these folks anymore =(

This bit of news is unbelievable and very sad.
But, how can we even believe this with all the lies they put forth. The fact he didn't tell his wife gives an example of how flimsy their relationship is.
Someone needs to help these two. If they would accept the help.
jmo

It appears that LE is on to everything. There is probably a whole lot more to come out!

This proves to me that they are looking at all the angles! They may be wondering if this was a scam of some sort for money. That's part of the discovery of what is REALLY going on.

I would venture to think the FBI has people that have come up with every angle we have thought of and then some! If they, after all of this, believe Caylee is dead that is proof enough for me!

Yep, and it tells me that there are even MORE interviews that LE conducted with the A's than we have seen so far.

This just confirms what I have been slowly learning over the past 4 months.............George is not the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure!:bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back