"Geraldo" Show W/Enhanced Ramsey 911 Tape...

Ames

Reaction score
I watched the "Geraldo" show years ago, that had the original enhanced 911 Ramsey tape played. There is another poster on here that also saw the show and heard the tape, but I cannot remember who that poster is. This thread is for ANYBODY that also watched that show. If you saw it, and heard the tape...please reply to this thread. Thank you!!

Sorry to the posters that thought this thread would actually have the enhanced 911 tape on it. I have been searching the internet for it, but I believe that it is locked safely away somewhere.

FROM WIKI

Was the Enhanced Tape Aired on TV?

Evidence in Favor of Enhanced Tape Being Aired on TV

• Geraldo Show.
  1. Poster Self-Reports. Many on-line posters claim to have heard the "enhanced" tape, including John's angry voice and Burke's question, on a TV show. These include koldkase, RiverRat, Spade, Tril, and Tylin. However, there is disagreement among them whether that show was Geraldo Rivera's or some other similar show.
  2. Geraldo Program Listing. Internet poster BluesStrat found a Geraldo Live program listing as follows: "August 21, 1998 Military strikes against facilities of Osama bin Laden; President Clinton's speech to the nation in which he admitted to a relationship with Monica Lewinsky; Enhanced 911 tape revealing Burke Ramsey speaking in the background, when his parents said he was upstairs sleeping (emphasis added}." BluesStrat notes that "transcripts of "Rivera Live" cost $8.00 per program, videotapes cost $27.95 plus $5.00 shipping and handling. Please note that videotapes are available for one year after air date."
  3. Geraldo Program Transcript. Internet poster Candy has posted the transcript from that show, but it includes no mention of an enhanced tape being played; instead, host Marcia Clark merely repeats the alleged words of Burke, John and Patsy at the end of the enhanced tape as reported by the National Enquirer.
  4. Transcript Redacted? However, Internet poster Koldkase asserts: "Well, BlueStrat, in any other case, that would work. But sorry, been there, done that. Along with many others. The producers edited that portion of the show out of any tapes, and therefore, any transcripts." Internet poster Spade confirms both that Rivera was blocked from re-airing the tape and that the transcript was redacted. He claims to have a source that can verify this.
  5. Legal Problems with Tape. Internet poster Koldkase has stated: "Another long time poster who was on the forums from the beginning once posted that she heard the tape played on Geraldo, not realizing they were going to play it in time to tape it then. So she thought, no prob, she'd tape it on the replay a few hours later. She was set up and ready when they started the show with an announcement that there was some legal problem with the tape being aired so it wouldn't be replayed. So whoever called and got that segment pulled, also got it purged from any recordings for sale to the public. I believe whoever did it was able to do that because Burke was a minor." This is consistent with the speculations of other posters who believe that a restraining order led to the show's never re-airing the tape.
  • Police Interviews. Internet poster Spade asserts categorically that he has interviewed 2 detectives that have heard the enhanced tape more than 50 times and that both agree with the verbiage in the Thomas book about the tape.

Oh Boy..I'm in Wiki, am I? And over this issue........ugh. Oh well - here's my official statement - YES - I heard the 911 tape before I found in the internet subculture.......and NO - I can not say for a fact though on which show it was, but it was one of the key pieces that led me on-line to look for more answers.

Oh Boy..I'm in Wiki, am I? And over this issue........ugh. Oh well - here's my official statement - YES - I heard the 911 tape before I found in the internet subculture.......and NO - I can not say for a fact though on which show it was, but it was one of the key pieces that led me on-line to look for more answers.

As I have stated before, and also in this thread...I heard it also. It was when "Geraldo" had a talk show that came on in the morning. YEARS AGO! Not on at the same time as the 911 tape...but, it was also his morning talk show where Geraldo got in a fight with some racist guests, and one of them threw a chair at him and broke his nose.

I have never heard the enhanced tape. I would LOVE to hear it though!

it was also his morning talk show where Geraldo got in a fight with some racist guests, and one of them threw a chair at him and broke his nose.

I've seen that footage a million times on TV. How come I can't say the same about the Ramsey tape? Very strange.....:confused:

I've seen that footage a million times on TV. How come I can't say the same about the Ramsey tape? Very strange.....:confused:

Because...

1. Transcript Redacted? However, Internet poster Koldkase asserts: "Well, BlueStrat, in any other case, that would work. But sorry, been there, done that. Along with many others. The producers edited that portion of the show out of any tapes, and therefore, any transcripts." Internet poster Spade confirms both that Rivera was blocked from re-airing the tape and that the transcript was redacted. He claims to have a source that can verify this.
Reason #2

Legal Problems with Tape. Internet poster Koldkase has stated: "Another long time poster who was on the forums from the beginning once posted that she heard the tape played on Geraldo, not realizing they were going to play it in time to tape it then. So she thought, no prob, she'd tape it on the replay a few hours later. She was set up and ready when they started the show with an announcement that there was some legal problem with the tape being aired so it wouldn't be replayed. So whoever called and got that segment pulled, also got it purged from any recordings for sale to the public. I believe whoever did it was able to do that because Burke was a minor." This is consistent with the speculations of other posters who believe that a restraining order led to the show's never re-airing the tape.

FROM AMES: That segment never ever aired again. That is why you didn't see it over and over again, like you did when Geraldo's nose got hit with the chair.

Posters so far that have heard the "Geraldo" Tape...

1. Ames
2. RiverRat
3. Drew
4. lannie

I know that there are more out there...let us hear from you.

So Geraldo is blocked forever from re-airing the tape??

So Geraldo is blocked forever from re-airing the tape??

Apparently. I have never seen a repeat of that show either. I cannot even find it on the internet. It had a little bit of static, but..the voices were clear. Burke: "What did you find?", John: "We are not speaking to you". Then Patsy "hangs up" the phone, but it was still off the hook and you can hear...Patsy: " Help me Jesus! Help me Jesus!" I believe that Burke came in, in the middle of 911 call and heard his mom telling the 911 operator that she had FOUND something (the ransom note). And that is what he meant by..."What did you find?"

Thanks for all the info, Ames. Normally I can't stand Geraldo and his big mouth, but this is one time I would appreciate it!

Thanks for all the info, Ames. Normally I can't stand Geraldo and his big mouth, but this is one time I would appreciate it!

LOL, yeah...he does have a big mouth. I used to watch his morning show all the time. Although...I don't have a clue why. Maybe there was nothing else on at that time. I just wished that I could find a link to that tape on the internet. It has just "disappeared".

I found a website one time called ramseyfamily.com or something like that. And there was a TON of info on it. Letters from the Ramseys with updates, pictures of JB, the reward...etc. I am sure that many other posters had seen it before me, but...I had never seen it before, so I copied and pasted the info onto a thread. I am SO GLAD that I did that, because just days later...the website was closed...and the domain name was for sale. (I cannot think of WHY ANYBODY, other than a Ramsey would own a website called RamseyFamily.com, though). But...I believe that it was closed on purpose. The link doesn't even work anymore. Kinda like that enhanced tape...it just went "poof".

Totally off-topic from Geraldo, but I found this the other day while playing around on the internet
http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/58/t/001068/p/1.html

So is this what really happened to JonBenet??? :eek:

LOL...I doubt it...

FROM THE SNOPES MESSAGE BOARD...

"Comment: At dinner recently, a friend said never to eat pineapple after
eating crab. Supposedly it causes a reaction that has been "known to kill
people".

This sounds somewhat familiar to Prawn Shopped, although I've never heard
anyone extolling the virtues of eating pineapple for Vitamin C as is heard
for oranges.

I'm assuming it's false, because I'm pretty sure I've seen "Sweet and
Sour" Shrimp at Chinese restaurants before, but have never seen any
reports of people dying after eating it. "
-------------------------------------------------------
FROM AMES: That wouldn't explain the displaced skull bone, either.

I hope nobody thinks I believe the urban legend theory! I just thought it was so weird that those 2 food items are thought to be the last food items JB ate. Snopes is the ONLY place that I even found with this urban legend.

I hope nobody thinks I believe the urban legend theory! I just thought it was so weird that those 2 food items are thought to be the last food items JB ate. Snopes is the ONLY place that I even found with this urban legend.

LOL...If I thought that you really believed it, I would have written a very long post to you, explaining why that theory is just ridiculous. I am sure that if a mixure of pineapple w/crab was deadly, we would have heard about it a long time ago. BTW...I live in SC, too.

Okay - this conversation has been going on since the day I entered and it hasn't been pretty at times. When I first started posting on JusticeWatch, I was immediately pounced on when I posted that I had heard the 911 call and I still have not figured out why....anyhow, this was years before the tape was released to the public but it was EXACTLY the same call I had heard years before - except that it did include the voices at the end that somehow did not make it to the copy that Mary laacy released. I would swear under oath......but I can't remember if it was on Geraldo or one of those "A Current Affair" type shows, so I would not be able to testify to that part.

No One can recreate Patsy and her hysteria. Period. But that it what others kept trying to pound into me that I had heard the Geraldo re-enactment of the trial that never was - as I know for a fact that I missed that show.

There is far more info out there on this subject and will take me some time to narrow down the info that I am looking for as forums have come and gone, but there is a poster that had a contact with the Geraldo show and reported that yes, it was played, but immediately took measures to cover-up their mistake in releasing that info. No promises on my timeframe here, but I will scout around for more on this, but the best thing anyone can do is get out their copy of Steve's book for his take about the 911 call!!!

My recollection of the 911 tape.
Bear with me while I explain my history on the JonBenet boards. I came to cybersleuths in late 1997 early 1998. I was searching for information on the Martha Moxley case. At that time I found a chatroom that Mapek and cybersleuths was running. At that time cybersleuths wasn't sectioned off into different topics. Such as Moxley posted here, Ramsey here etc. They had a daily thread and maybe a general crime thread and that was it. I really can't remember anymore. Like I said I was interested in the Moxley case but being the way cybersleuths was set up I read alot about Ramsey. It was all mixed together. The chat room was the same way. I would go to chat about Moxley and alot of the Ramsey people would be there too. So as time went by I came to know who was who in Ramsey and all about the case in the early years. I joined JW and got a little interested in the case but just because it was the main case discussed on the crime boards I visited. Ok get to the point you say??? My point is I heard the 911 tape being played on TV. What I remember about it was it played later at night I'm thinking after the 11 pm news (I'm on the east coast) I had fallen asleep on my couch with the tv on and woke up and the show that was on was talking about the Ramsey 911 tape and I remember thinking, oh the ramsey people on the boards and chat will be talking about this. I never paid to much attention to it because Ramsey wasn't the case I was following closely. As time went by the controversy over the tape started on the boards. I think I may have posted one other time that I too had heard the tape. At that time no one could mention hearing it without Candy swooping in and attacking you and calling you a liar for saying that so I never got involved much with it. I, like RR can't remember exactly if it were Geraldo or some other "news" show. So I can't help there but I do remember it playing later at night if that helps any.

Okay - this conversation has been going on since the day I entered and it hasn't been pretty at times. When I first started posting on JusticeWatch, I was immediately pounced on when I posted that I had heard the 911 call and I still have not figured out why....anyhow, this was years before the tape was released to the public but it was EXACTLY the same call I had heard years before - except that it did include the voices at the end that somehow did not make it to the copy that Mary laacy released. I would swear under oath......but I can't remember if it was on Geraldo or one of those "A Current Affair" type shows, so I would not be able to testify to that part.

No One can recreate Patsy and her hysteria. Period. But that it what others kept trying to pound into me that I had heard the Geraldo re-enactment of the trial that never was - as I know for a fact that I missed that show.

There is far more info out there on this subject and will take me some time to narrow down the info that I am looking for as forums have come and gone, but there is a poster that had a contact with the Geraldo show and reported that yes, it was played, but immediately took measures to cover-up their mistake in releasing that info. No promises on my timeframe here, but I will scout around for more on this, but the best thing anyone can do is get out their copy of Steve's book for his take about the 911 call!!!

I would swear under oath too. But, I DID hear it on "Geraldo"'s morning talk show. So, I would swear under oath, that I heard it, and also that I heard it on Geraldo's morning talk show. SO HELP ME GOD! I remember watching it. Even though I wasn't as "into" this case as I am now...I have always had an interest in it. Because, from day one...I have suspected the Ramsey's as somehow being involved in their daughter's death. At the time, I watched Geraldo every single morning...and my ears perked up when I heard what one of the topics was going to be...the enhanced 911 call. Not one single time did Geraldo say that it was a "re-enactment". And if he had of, I wouldn't have been so interested in hearing it, nor would I have remembered hearing it, until this very day. I find it funny, that the only people that say that it was a "re-enactment" are the posters that never even saw the show, or have heard the tape. So, just because THEY missed the show, and didn't hear the tape...then the tape doesn't exist...or it was a fake, or "re-enactment".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back