13 year old arrested for passing gas in class Stuart Fla

They sure do arrest kids for the strangest things these days. Compared to this, my antics in school should have gotten me 5-10 in the pen.

Not saying the schools should put up with obnoxious behaviors. It just seems behavorial arrests at schools are in the news frequently these days

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081122/BREAKINGNEWS/81122004

"According to a report released Friday by the Martin County Sheriff’s Office, the 13-year-old boy “continually disrupted his classroom environment” by intentionally breaking wind. He then shut off some computers other students were using."

I love the phrase "intentionally breaking wind."

Just because it accidentally happens to everyone else and they blame it on the dog or the next person over... this honest child will admit it is his fart and all heck breaks lose!

No wonder boys lie!

This sounds like a disruptive, bad mannered kid who needs a trip to the principal's office and not a trip to jail unless there is a whole lot more to this story that we don't know like maybe he was hitting other kids or sealing from them.

There was someone that throw firecrackers in open windows of full class room's..

It was better than fire drill's everybody run out of them room's in second's flat..

M-80's and restroom fixtures was fun all so.. That back when a M-80 had some power Not like today, You could throw 1 of them in a trout stream and get 25 or 30 trout out of that little area ....

You can be arrested for "breaking wind????" I thought that was a macho type thing that is almost like a rite of passage thing in every class. There is always at least one kid like that. And it sometimes doesn't end at graduation.

I don't see this as criminal behavior. Boorish, rude, bad mannered and maybe disgusting. Possibly even a medical problem. But not criminal. Why didn't the school use either some traditional or even non traditional methods to try to curb the behavior?

This sounds like a disruptive, bad mannered kid who needs a trip to the principal's office and not a trip to jail unless there is a whole lot more to this story that we don't know like maybe he was hitting other kids or sealing from them.

The principal might not like that idea if corporal punishment (swats) are still allowed there. Given the boys flatulence issue that might not be all that pleasant for the principal. :D

All kidding aside, it does sound like a lack of manners and behavior issue. I honestly think that the matter would have been better taken up with the parents. A good swift kick in the ar$e by dad might be all that's needed to straighten him out.

Don't shoot me, but. . . .
Occasionally, schools run into parents who use IEPs like weapons. It gets to the point where the school(s) is/are terrified to discipline the child(ren) in any way for fear of a lawsuit. Schools are increasingly calling the police about these children because the law is not bound by the IEP! Trust me, it is done as a last resort because we know how it looks, but it is, in some cases, the only way to keep other students safe. Is breathing in noxious fumes going to hurt the other students? Probably not, but there's a lot more going on here than the public is allowed to know.
Students who would have been classified as behavior disordered and received help now don't due to NCLB. Only a certain percentage of each school's student body is able to receive services.

Actually I live in a small town, and the school has had problems with kids burping on purpose and being disruptive while doing it, so even if you INNOCENTLY burp in my sons school you can get a detention......its crazy!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back