Caylee "sighting" Reports and Tips Part 2

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First, let me thank you all for posting less and less negative posts. You all are dong an incredible job. More and more visitors from around the world are reading your posts. It is a compliment to you all that so many want to read what you write.

A new rule. There are going to be all kinds of pictures of little girls who look like "Caylee."

Please do not post the actual pictures. Provide a link to the media outlet with the picture. These innocent kids do not need to have their pictures spread around the Internet any more than they already are.

I will be removing the most recent pictures on the forum.

Thanks again for your help,
Tricia

Is anyone lending any credibility to the sworn statements of the couple with the puppy at the airport? Their statements were very detailed and it just makes me worry about the creation of reasonable doubt.

I know in my heart that Caylee is dead. It's not about that. It's more about what a jury will do when they read these two statements. Could there be another Caylee Maria Anthony? I looked up the manifest but THAT has not been released. Just the subpoena to produce it.

Maybe it was a ruse?? Smoke and mirrors??

July 2nd? That is just impossible in my opinion. What do you all think???

That woman was on here earlier. She was the poster,.. TellingTheTruth. Here is her thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71901
Be careful here. We had a lot of trouble with discussions about this poster's claims. Since she is a member you cannot attack her. Discussion about this has been offlimits up to this point. If you all want to try again and perhaps reference it just beware. If it gets out of control like it did before it will get shutdown.

Not talking to you specifically hailiejade, but everyone.

Oh I didn't mean any harm! I just wasn't sure if they knew she had a thread. You can pull it if you want! :blowkiss:

Is anyone lending any credibility to the sworn statements of the couple with the puppy at the airport? Their statements were very detailed and it just makes me worry about the creation of reasonable doubt.

I know in my heart that Caylee is dead. It's not about that. It's more about what a jury will do when they read these two statements. Could there be another Caylee Maria Anthony? I looked up the manifest but THAT has not been released. Just the subpoena to produce it.

Maybe it was a ruse?? Smoke and mirrors??

July 2nd? That is just impossible in my opinion. What do you all think???

I wonder if it's possible that the person that saw her has the date wrong?

Maybe. She definitely had the gates at the airport wrong. the gates that she stated she was at don't exist at TPA, they were for the gates where she got off the plane in Atlanta (I think).

Could be, but I would think it would be fairly easy to verify what flight(s) the tipster took and when. I would like to think LE would have looked at that information in determining the validity of this tip.

Could be, but I would think it would be fairly easy to verify what flight(s) the tipster took and when. I would like to think LE would have looked at that information in determining the validity of this tip.

I know from the FBI and OSCO interviews, LE has painstakingly explained to Cindy the different ways they checked this particular tip out--at the airport itself, subpoenaing the airline, checking the flight manifest and they could not find a shred of credibility.

They met with the witness and her son (at a McDonalds?) and drew sketches.

I do believe it was a false sighting, and it will be somehow introduced by the defense, but my impression is that it was thoroughly looked into and found to be a dead end, unfortunately.

Great, Fox gave the woman new breath on her claim, posting an article on her and the "sighting". :|
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461348,00.html

We have long debunked the woman on her gate thing ( I even posted a pic of my daughter at an AirTran gate from our July Disney trip, showing how gates don't have letters, like she claimed), and both the FBI and LE has long ruled the sighting out. What more is it going to take? (I saw someone point out that she is a Yorkie breeder... is there a chance she knew the Anthony's before Caylee went missing, through them getting their dogs from her?)

Great, Fox gave the woman new breath on her claim, posting an article on her and the "sighting". :|

We have long debunked the woman on her gate thing ( I even posted a pic of my daughter at an AirTran gate from our July Disney trip, showing how gates don't have letters, like she claimed), and both the FBI and LE has long ruled the sighting out. What more is it going to take? (I saw someone point out that she is a Yorkie breeder... is there a chance she knew the Anthony's before Caylee went missing, through them getting their dogs from her?)
This woman would have to be really crazy to expose herself and her son to the ridicule and scorn her report generated. Frankly, I think her story was not "investigated" very thoroughly by any LE agency, because they believe Caylee is dead.

I remember clearly reading that the airline video had been taped over by the time LE asked for it. The flight manifest is also suspect, imo. There seems to exist a somewhat careless attitude in documenting small children.

I don't know if Caylee is alive or not. But I do believe that, from what I've read, this particular report was so detailed that if it was a contrived attempt at deceit, Wanda should have been charged with making a false report. She wasn't. She was summarily dismissed and branded a publicity seeker. That is truly unfortunate, because while she may have been mistaken about gate numbers, this woman AND her own child, saw and heard a little girl who well may have been Caylee.

KC's confident attitude throughout all this has always given me pause. Given that she is nothing more than your ordinary lazy and stupid tart, a deceitful mental midget, what could she have done with the baby that so far has defied all attempts to locate her?

The only things I can imagine is that she voluntarily gave the child to someone and is awaiting expiration of a time frame to prevent intervention by her parents....OR she fed the baby to alligators. Why on earth are there so many alligators in a heavily populated state anyway?

And before anyone asks, NO, I don't know whose "dead body" was in her trunk, if indeed there was one. I don't believe LE knows either and therein lies the real issue. Their forensics are far from definite, from everything I read. There has been no release of DNA evidence from the "stain". They have one hair with a very disputable "death band" and analysis of a "smell" that was over a month old.

If she did kill her daughter, I hope LE has much more than has been released to the public. The death of that child should be punished to the ultimate.

There certainly could be a chance that she knew the Anthony's because of their dogs. There is even a forum for Yorkie owners and breeders. People from all over the United States go there to post about their dogs.

I just cannot see how anyone could refute the DNA results or the Cadaver dogs hitting in the yard and car. Bless Caylee's little heart, she is flying with the Angels. We will see the evidence at trial that she is no longer with us.

This woman would have to be really crazy to expose herself and her son to the ridicule and scorn her report generated. Frankly, I think her story was not "investigated" very thoroughly by any LE agency, because they believe Caylee is dead.

I remember clearly reading that the airline video had been taped over by the time LE asked for it. The flight manifest is also suspect, imo. There seems to exist a somewhat careless attitude in documenting small children.

I don't know if Caylee is alive or not. But I do believe that, from what I've read, this particular report was so detailed that if it was a contrived attempt at deceit, Wanda should have been charged with making a false report. She wasn't. She was summarily dismissed and branded a publicity seeker. That is truly unfortunate, because while she may have been mistaken about gate numbers, this woman AND her own child, saw and heard a little girl who well may have been Caylee.

KC's confident attitude throughout all this has always given me pause. Given that she is nothing more than your ordinary lazy and stupid tart, a deceitful mental midget, what could she have done with the baby that so far has defied all attempts to locate her?

The only things I can imagine is that she voluntarily gave the child to someone and is awaiting expiration of a time frame to prevent intervention by her parents....OR she fed the baby to alligators. Why on earth are there so many alligators in a heavily populated state anyway?

And before anyone asks, NO, I don't know whose "dead body" was in her trunk, if indeed there was one. I don't believe LE knows either and therein lies the real issue. Their forensics are far from definite, from everything I read. There has been no release of DNA evidence from the "stain". They have one hair with a very disputable "death band" and analysis of a "smell" that was over a month old.

If she did kill her daughter, I hope LE has much more than has been released to the public. The death of that child should be punished to the ultimate.

My bold and italics-this intrigues me. What is disputable about the death band and the MtDna analysis done on the hair?

This is a snip from an article published on Forensic Hair Analysis, including techniques and error rates as well as why mtDNA testing is more accurate then simple microscopic analysis, and what laws make the science of hair analysis accepted for years in the scientific community:

"Forensic examinations of human hairs have been performed for years. Depending on the microscopist’s training and experience, and the condition of the evidence, the potential rate of error of the technique is very low. The techniques are not novel and there exists a body of literature dealing with human hair characteristics and the reliability of forensic hair comparisons. It is true that hair comparisons, as do all other sciences, depend on the judgement and experience of the examiner; but hair examiners are scientists and not simply technicians. That is why they can reliably make the necessary value judgements that come from their scientific education, training, and experience."

here is the source of the information:
http://www.modernmicroscopy.com/main.asp?article=36&page=1

My bold and italics-this intrigues me. What is disputable about the death band and the MtDna analysis done on the hair?

This is a snip from an article published on Forensic Hair Analysis, including techniques and error rates as well as why mtDNA testing is more accurate then simple microscopic analysis, and what laws make the science of hair analysis accepted for years in the scientific community:

"Forensic examinations of human hairs have been performed for years. Depending on the microscopist’s training and experience, and the condition of the evidence, the potential rate of error of the technique is very low. The techniques are not novel and there exists a body of literature dealing with human hair characteristics and the reliability of forensic hair comparisons. It is true that hair comparisons, as do all other sciences, depend on the judgement and experience of the examiner; but hair examiners are scientists and not simply technicians. That is why they can reliably make the necessary value judgements that come from their scientific education, training, and experience."

here is the source of the information:
http://www.modernmicroscopy.com/main.asp?article=36&page=1
Thank you, I feel that matter of the hair containing dna of Caylee and signs of decomp can be put to rest. There really isn't an argument against it not being hers, if the results were reported correctly to the public. The hair tested cinched the results of her passing for me, as unfortunate as it is. But at least there is little doubt, now only if the A's will believe it.

Thank you, I feel that matter of the hair containing dna of Caylee and signs of decomp can be put to rest. There really isn't an argument against it not being hers, if the results were reported correctly to the public. The hair tested cinched the results of her passing for me, as unfortunate as it is. But at least there is little doubt, now only if the A's will believe it.

O/T LOVE your signature...I know that this is a secular statement, but I can just hear Linus saying this in Charlie Brown Christmas....:angel:

I watched the video interview last night..She claims the woman with Caylee (she's 100% sure of this) was very "relaxed" & offered up her name (Caylee Marie Anthony) even before it came out of the child's mouth..3x!..Common sense says this rules out any form of kidnapping..Or that she was sold to her because that's also a crime..It could not have been any kind of legal adoption because there wasn't nearly enough time for that process..I don't believe foster care allows state-to-state transfer plus her name would be in the system if KA decided after 6/15 to dump her off at DSS..Even if she simply gave her away to someone she knew (from out of state) it makes no sense this person would not come forward (or KA not come clean) with a murder rap involved.

I have no clue what to make of this WW person but I'm writing her (& her story) off just like LE did shortly after she contacted them.

Please don't misunderstand what I mean. The DNA analysis of the hair concludes it is of the maternal line, ie KC, CA or Caylee. What is disputable is the so called death band. They have ONE hair with a pecularity near the root. Does it say definitely that the head it fell from is dead? I am not so sure about that.

As for KC giving the child to someone, don't forget she had a month to arrange something. Am I positive that she did? No....however, there is a remote chance that something along those lines happened. As long as Caylee's dead body is not found, certainty of her murder is premature. I admit it is very likely that she is long dead, but think about the idiot KC hiding her so well she cannt be found. There is no certainty in this unfortunate case except that KC is a nasty and evil psychopath.

I want to point something out and someone please correct me if I am wrong..

The poster who said she saw her on the plane, she said that she thought this girl was a "lap child" because she was sitting on the womans lap. recently I looked into flying to Colorado with DH and the baby (she was 23 mths at time) and was advised by the airline that a "lap child" has to be under the age of 2 to sit on a persons lap and not have to pay, if they are over 2 then they would have to purchase a seat for the child.
Caylee would have been almost 3 at the time, so if this is true this would rule this child out as being Caylee.

Wanda W. reported that the 40's woman with shoulder length blond hair said she was from NY or NJ and was taking Caylee to NC that night (July 2nd).

KC told Kristine Chester on the phone that they should look in NY or NC for Caylee.

Now, it seems to me there are two, no three, possibilities: (1) Wanda W., for some unexplainable reason, has made up this story and knew KC had said that to Kristine Chester when she selected those locations to include within her sighting story, (2) the prominent placement of NC and NY by both the eyewitness and the mother who lost her daughter is just a coincidence, or (3) there really was a woman taking Caylee to NC and she herself was from NY.

Now, I know all about the forensics and the death band. I know that murder is the more likely scenario. But there is something about this case, the sincerity of WW's account, the blase attitude of KC (which I would think if she HAD killed her would be more nervous) that leaves me with a nagging doubt that maybe, just maybe, KC herself got double-crossed. Someone in her life knew she got kicked out of her mom's house, offered to help her out with "the kid" and then up and ran off with her once she realized how little KC cared about the poor sweet baby. Maybe its someone who doesn't like the Anthonys, and wouldn't want to see her returned. They wouldn't be nervous on July 2nd becuase they hadn't kidnapped her, they were just helping KC out in a tough spot.

Now, about the lap child thing. I flew this summer with my 2 year old son. He's a big boy. Probably bigger than Caylee was, or at least as big. I bought him a ticket, but I could have flown with him as a lap child. No one -- I repeat NO ONE -- stopped me to ask for any form of ID or anything about my two children (4 and 2). I didn't need a letter, I didn't need birth certificates. No one even asked them to state their own names. I could have been traveling with anyone's child, under anyone's name, and I'm confident that I could have carried my son as a lap baby even after he turned 2 if I filled out a false birthday on the on-line reservations system. No one cared. And I was flying out of a big, sophisticated busy airport.

There are lots of people listed on the plane manifest who bought their tickets that day. I wouldn't be surprised if someone walked up carrying a small child and would be allowed to purchase a ticket and carry her on as a lap child. Moreover, I looked at the video with Great Grandpa and I have ALWAYS thought she looked too young in that video to be nearly three.

So -- even if its the remotest of remote possibilities, who is related to this case who has some connection to North Carolina and/or NY? TonE, but I doubt it has anything to do with him. . . Brandon S.? Jeremy M, I believe was being stationed there . . . but I'd think he'd come forward if he had her. Any other possibilities?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back