GA - 17-yr-old boy, near Atlanta (Buford)... need help? - 2008

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
I do not know if it is appropriate to post this here. I have left off the name but can add it later - didn't know if it was appropriate or not.

A friend's 17-yr-old brother has gone missing, kind of. He has been in contact somehow and says he is fine. He was living in a foster home and all of a sudden left and has not been back to school. Drugs may be involved. However, local authorities are doing nothing. Nothing. My friend knows I'm involved here and wanted to know what can be done to help locate her brother.

Thanks, and I apologize is this is not the place to post this...

ETA: I have the name of his high school, his name, and a few other details that may help. But I wanted advice on whether or not this case belongs on WS.

I can't advise as to whether or not this is appropriate. You will need to PM a mod.

It sounds like the young man is a "runaway"? Has a police report been filed and have the police taken a missing person's report? I think you will need to know these things in order to get the case rolling here..... but again, PM a mod and ask what the protocol is....

And prayers to the sister who appears to be so worried about her brother,

Salem

Thanks, Salem. Yes, police have been notified (and doing nothing) - I believe he's been missing for over a week? I'll PM the mods. Thanks again.

I wonder what the criteria is for this...I am going to call GBI Clearing house and see what I can find out about what/if anything the parents can do to get a missing report filed...I have seen many 'endangered runway' posters at NCMEC...can't understand why police will do nothing.

Please PM me the county and childs full name if you are comfy with that and I will see what I can find out.

I live in Buford and work at the Mall of GA.
If there is anything I can do please let me know.
(If you make up a poster, I can pass it around to the shops in the mall.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back