"If they don't find her

JMCDAD

Reaction score
guess who gets blamed and gets to spend eternity in jail"

I know we have heard this statement that KC made before but think about how inappropriate it is, to say the least.
Its like she is talking about a lost object or something.
Your daugther is missing, supposedly kidnapped, and she is not worried about Caylee, she is worried how its going to affect herself.
And why would she think early on that she would be blamed and convicted if someone that she knew kidnapped Caylee, unless of course that someone was made up and never existed and couldn't be found.
It goes along with the comment she made to her family "all they care about is finding Caylee"
Its just so telling along with the lies, and the shopping, and the stealing, and the tat, and the renting videos.
All while Caylee is missing.
It didn't phase her, in fact, sadly it was like she was free from a burden

I know we have heard this statement that KC made before but think about how inappropriate it is, to say the least.
Your daugther is missing, supposedly kidnapped, and she is not worried about Caylee, she is worried how its going to affect herself.
And why would she think early on that she would be blamed and convicted if someone that she knew kidnapped Caylee, unless of course that someone was made up and never existed and couldn't be found.
It goes along with the comment she made to her family "all they care about is finding Caylee"
Its just so telling along with the lies, and the shopping, and the stealing, and the tat, and the renting videos.

Does anyone besides me find it odd that KC didn't say, "If they FIND her, guess who will spend the rest of their life in jail"?? I find it strange the way she worded it--

It shows who is on her mind the most...herself.

ETA...it also shows she isn't overly confident that they WILL find her.

Remember years ago, the "Brady Bunch" and the "Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!" line?

That's what KC reminded me of with her comments.

"Caylee! Caylee! Caylee!"

She knows the truth. There is no nanny. She killed her daughter. She has much to be worried about. Unfortunately, where Caylee is isn't one of her worries. She already knows that.

Unconscienable B with an itch.

And CA gets to have her excuse WHY an injustice has been done to her entire family...

One thing I have noticed about Pathological Liars is that they will stick to their story and lie, lie, lie until you smack the proof in their face and even then they will continue to hold out sometimes! Example: KC and LE going to Universal - they got all the way to "her office" door - NOT!

Their thinking is this for example : "If they can't prove I'm lying then they have to believe me, they have no choice. I have the power." In addition to that - most people just out of human nature will give the benefit of doubt to someone else. This fosters this sick thinking.

KC's thinking was probably, "I can lie about this because they will never be able to prove I am lying because I got rid of the body so well." She is thinking, no body, no proof, they have no choice but to believe me or at least cast reasonable doubt. I am thinking that she went to extremes to make sure the body would never be found - therefore, everyone will believe her...

Does anyone besides me find it odd that KC didn't say, "If they FIND her, guess who will spend the rest of their life in jail"?? I find it strange the way she worded it--

She doesn't expect her to be found, plain and simple. Just what did she do with that poor baby?

I posted this yesterday in the NG thread, but that text message actually says "guess who will get to spend eternity in jail"

I totally agree with everyone's observations of how inappropriate it is on so many levels, including the "what about meeeeee?!?!?!?" level. The tragedy isn't that Caylee is missing, it is how it will effect Casey.

The word that totally stood out to me yesterday though was eternity. I think that is a subconscious nod to what she has done and what her intent was. If your child was truly kidnapped you don't go to jail if they can't find her. That would actually make you a victim of a crime. The not reporting her for 31 days would result in the child endangerment charge, but that is a couple of years not eternity. Even if she killed her accidently that is not a life sentence. Premeditated, aggravated murder will get you eternity in jail. I think it is a very odd choice of words.

One thing I have noticed about Pathological Liars is that they will stick to their story and lie, lie, lie until you smack the proof in their face and even then they will continue to hold out sometimes! Example: KC and LE going to Universal - they got all the way to "her office" door - NOT!

Their thinking is this for example : "If they can't prove I'm lying then they have to believe me, they have no choice. I have the power." In addition to that - most people just out of human nature will give the benefit of doubt to someone else. This fosters this sick thinking.

KC's thinking was probably, "I can lie about this because they will never be able to prove I am lying because I got rid of the body so well." She is thinking, no body, no proof, they have no choice but to believe me or at least cast reasonable doubt. I am thinking that she went to extremes to make sure the body would never be found - therefore, everyone will believe her...

cocoamom,
You made VERY good points. You are spot on!

Casey has never shown one ounce of concern for Caylee, IMO... that statement is very telling of her "me, me, me" complex. And I have the same thing going through my head that tiredofthis said...

This is the one big difference between me and most WS posters. I dont find that comment bizarre at all, I fiind it one of the more normal things she has said.

If my kid was missing, I can promise you it would not be because I had anything to do with it. and if LE had a talkin' with me and it was heading to "we know you did something" kind of a thing, I too would say something like that, I think. As in I have faith LE will find my child so they will see I am telling the truth and if they dont, where is the proof I am innocent?

Have a dear friend who lost a baby to SIDS. LE was acting very...suspicious before the autopsy. they were utterly devastated by the death but if you think LE making little comments was something they could overlook, think again. granted they didnt say anything for a few month after about that, but still.

One thing I have noticed about Pathological Liars is that they will stick to their story and lie, lie, lie until you smack the proof in their face and even then they will continue to hold out sometimes! Example: KC and LE going to Universal - they got all the way to "her office" door - NOT! (snipped)

You know what's scarey--I know people who I wouldn't call "pathological", but they "embelish" stories, and often do tell outright lies, and as they speak, they seem to be creating their reality. If someone contradicts their stories in any way, the "liar" is able to spontaneously generate the most impressive details to defend their tale. I have friends who do this. Though most of the time, we're on the same page, when they slip into the "lying" mode (usually in social situations where they're trying to charm people with elaborate stories about their own accomplishments, or if they're trying to win allies in a gossip fest), I'm really alarmed at how easily they fix their new reality. There's absolutely no room in their mind for an alternate truth or plain and simple facts. So, my point is--if these "ordinary" people can pull this sort of crap, I can only imagine the fantasy world that someone like Casey is capable of creating.

It makes me question Anthony L.'s involvement?
Vanpet

Her comments makes sense. She has had at least 30 days to deal with Caylee being gone. Including the hows and the whys.

She is dealing with her problems. But folks are just beginning to deal with Caylee being gone. That puts her on a different mental area then everyone else around her.

IIRC, this was a statement she made to Tony. At that point she was trying to sell him on the Invisa-Nanny tale along with everyone else. So how do we know that "Her" didn't mean ZFG and not Caylee. Yes, it would have been out of context for the rest of the statement, but it's casey, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Well, my thoughts are this.

First of all, say she really was "putting on an act" during the month Caylee was missing, so as to conduct her own investigation. Ok, fine. Roll with it.
Then, it comes to light. The whole world knows. No more putting on an act...the truth is out there!

I'm sorry, but WHY IN THE WORLD would text messaging your boyfriend even a priority at this point? Even if it was, I just struggle to understand how you would make a statement like, "This is all my fault. I am the worst mother. I seriously hate myself." That sounds so absolutely, well, unnatural? If you REALLY hate yourself, loathe yourself, think that your child being kidnapped is YOUR FAULT...I would assume that you'd be pretty wrought with emotion, and would more likely be drowning in depression, not worrying about how your boyfriend will see you.

If MY child dissapeared, and it was because I made a stupid mistake....I would be jumping through hoops to find my child and probably drinking myself into a coma when night fell and everyone was home for the night. I couldnt LIVE WITH MYSELF if my carelessness caused something horrible to happen to my daughters.

And I agree that if her daughter was really kidnapped...truly, genuinely taken by a third party without mommy's consent....why would that mean Mommy ends up in jail?
To reference CA's favorite case.....did Elizabeth Smart's parents end up in the slammer when she was missing for all that time? NOPE.

This girl is smart and also incredibly stupid. Yet another beautiful moment that is going to fry her on the stand.

What a ninny!

She doesn't expect her to be found, plain and simple. Just what did she do with that poor baby?

My opinion only of course but since I found that alligators will eat fresh or semi-fresh carrion, I think this is what happened to the body.

This comment always bothered me too. If she was really with somebody, I would expect to hear "Guess who'll be sitting in jail until they find her" ?

My opinion only of course but since I found that alligators will eat fresh or semi-fresh carrion, I think this is what happened to the body.

I've always thought that's very possible, too, or KC burned the body. Either way, she's confident the body won't be found. She's not sweating this at all.

"If they don't find her, guess who will spend eternity in jail..."

This could be used by either the prosecution or the defense. Prosecution could say the act was premeditated, and obviously KC knew the consequences of her actions. There they are in print, for everyone to see.

Defense could counter that the statement meant KC "wanted" Caylee to be found. Otherwise, she wouldn't have worded it the way she did.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back