Cockleburs

FloridaKatz

Former Member
Reaction score
I started this thread because I couldn't find an "Evidence" thread.

When DH and I searched on Nov. 8th, we got covered with Cockleburs. I've washed our clothing that we wore more than 3 times now, and they still have cockleburs on them, which brings me to Cindy washing the pants. If KC went into the woods with those pants, unless Cindy pulled all the cockleburs off of them, then this may be evidence.

I hope LE has those pants and are looking for cockleburs.

I'm not from Florida, so I don't know about the vegetation.

Are cockleburs something that you can pick up from a plant during any season?

How do we know that Casey didn't wash the pants herself, before the car was abandoned?

How do we know that Casey didn't wash the pants herself, before the car was abandoned?
Good point.

How do we know there were even pants in the car?

How do we know there weren't other clothing items in the car?

Questions, questions...

Those little suckers stick really good to clothing and have nettle thorns. One more thing to be aware of. Too bad June Cleaver ( CA) washed who knows what. I know when I'm nervouse and think company is comming I can speed clean. Can you imagine the hustle & bustle going on in that house before LE arrived. Must have been like Xmas morning their going through everything. OK! I'll go take a time out for that remark.

Those suckers dont appear everywhere, though. We have them in TN (where we used to live) and you go through places that are filled, when just another couple miles down the road there arent any. I dont know for certain if FL is the same way...but Id think its probable.

Sorry I cant type from laughing so hard. When I quickly looked at the name of this thread I said OH NO another thread about Casey and her Promiscuous Lifestyle .

cockleburs (seeds) stick to clothing unless you physically pull them off. And they can be found in any part of the country and particularly bloom in the tropics when the days are long: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocklebur

I'm leaning towards whether she went into the woods or put Caylee in a dumpster. Just a thought that I think LE should look into.....

I started this thread because I couldn't find an "Evidence" thread.

When DH and I searched on Nov. 8th, we got covered with Cockleburs. I've washed our clothing that we wore more than 3 times now, and they still have cockleburs on them, which brings me to Cindy washing the pants. If KC went into the woods with those pants, unless Cindy pulled all the cockleburs off of them, then this may be evidence.

I hope LE has those pants and are looking for cockleburs.

You're right, they were a nightmare to get out of my hair. I found one in my sock the other day, as well.

I got them at 2 of the 3 places I went to that weekend, so if she had them in her pants, that would probably only eliminate the open field areas?

Good point.

How do we know there were even pants in the car?

How do we know there weren't other clothing items in the car?

Questions, questions...

We don't know for sure, but CA did repeat often that she washed pants that were in the car...

karate Dad, Ithought it was an english term used. as' I'm going to warm my cockles" Heard it by an 80's group Tears for Fears.

Those suckers dont appear everywhere, though. We have them in TN (where we used to live) and you go through places that are filled, when just another couple miles down the road there arent any. I dont know for certain if FL is the same way...but Id think its probable.

Per the link I just posted, they can be found around the world...

You're right, they were a nightmare to get out of my hair. I found one in my sock the other day, as well.

I got them at 2 of the 3 places I went to that weekend, so if she had them in her pants, that would probably only eliminate the open field areas?

Not sure about open field areas, but I would think you wouldn't find them in a dumpster. :)

Per the link I just posted, they can be found around the world...

I wasn't refering to the actual geographical location on the globe...just that certain wooded areas may have them while others do not. :)

Sorry I cant type from laughing so hard. When I quickly looked at the name of this thread I said OH NO another thread about Casey and her Promiscuous Lifestyle .

Could be a new nickname for her!

Also we must remember the pontiac ( KC car) has hairline scratches in the rear of her car. People wondered if this was from backing into woods. I believe Ga mentioned this to LE during first doc dump. They were not there prior according to GA. Maybe those thorns did it. Does'nt it sound like were talking about Trouble with tribbles?

OMG !!! ITA.....LOL.....ya can't pass this thread by.....I just had to come see "NOW, what was Casey into???"

I wasn't refering to the actual geographical location on the globe...just that certain wooded areas may have them while others do not. :)

O I C. You're right about that! That's why I'm debating about woods vs. dumpsters....

Here in Virginia, you wouldn't have cockleburs in the summer, only in very late summer or early fall or later. Since Florida is warmer than here, I would imagine it would be even later before the burs would mature enough to be brown and prickly enough to pick up on your clothing.

I never knew the real name of those little suckers. They are hard to get out of clothes and even harder to get out of a Malamute's coat!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back