GUILTY NC - Matthew Silliman, 18, brutally murdered, Wake County, 30 Nov 2008

NorthernMagpie

Reaction score
New Hill, N.C. — Four Wake County high school students were charged with murder Wednesday in connection with a body found the night before in the New Hill community.

Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said deputies made the discovery Tuesday night at a home at 4221 Olive Branch Road after receiving a tip from Apex police.

Allegra Rose Dahlquist, 17, of 601 Walcott Way, Cary; Ryan Patrick Hare, 18; of 100 Walnut Hill Court, Apex; Aadil Shahid Khan, 17, of 901 Bristol Blue St., Apex; and Drew Logan Shaw, 16, of 107 Woolard Way, Apex, each face one count of murder.

Arrest warrants said the homicide occurred Nov. 30, and they list the victim as John Doe.

Authorities have been unable to identify the victim or to determine the person's age or gender. The body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill for an autopsy.

More here.

"Investigators say they are looking at whether the slaying could be connected to a case involving Apex High School student Matthew Josiah Silliman, but they cannot say that it is."
"His parents said they did receive a visit Wednesday morning from law enforcement officers who informed them about the crime scene. They declined to comment further."
(from url above)

Silver Alert issued for Apex Man
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/4038412/

Hopefully Matthew is somewhere safe.

I just looked at Matthew Silliman's friends on Facebook - all of the accused are there. Poor Matthew. :(

For the love of God, what is wrong with some of these teens nowadays?? One appears to be a juggalo (Drew Shaw)
Does anyone remember the case where 2 juggalos killed a boy with a odd shaped 3 pronged sword? I think it was on here awhile back.

Is it common for someone the age of 18 to have dementia?

This guy's been in more than your "average teen trouble" before according to this article:

"This is not Hare's first brush with the law. In March, a SWAT team served a warrant at his home in Apex, after students at Panther Creek High School in Cary complained Hare threatened to blow up a school bus.

Police say they called Hare's father asking permission to search their home and when he refused, officials got a warrant. Once inside, they confiscated an assault rifle and ammunition.

Prior to that, Hare was cited for having a weapon on school property. According to investigators,a weapon was found in his SUV while it was parked on Panther Creek High School's campus. A warrant says it was a paintball gun that he may have used to shoot at a school bus after a driver disciplined him."

For the love of God, what is wrong with some of these teens nowadays?? One appears to be a juggalo (Drew Shaw)
Does anyone remember the case where 2 juggalos killed a boy with a odd shaped 3 pronged sword? I think it was on here awhile back.

Is it common for someone the age of 18 to have dementia?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought originally when they said he may have cognitive impairments that maybe he had been in an accident previously or something.

This guy's been in more than your "average teen trouble" before according to this article:

"This is not Hare's first brush with the law. In March, a SWAT team served a warrant at his home in Apex, after students at Panther Creek High School in Cary complained Hare threatened to blow up a school bus.

Police say they called Hare's father asking permission to search their home and when he refused, officials got a warrant. Once inside, they confiscated an assault rifle and ammunition.

Prior to that, Hare was cited for having a weapon on school property. According to investigators,a weapon was found in his SUV while it was parked on Panther Creek High School's campus. A warrant says it was a paintball gun that he may have used to shoot at a school bus after a driver disciplined him."

Wow thanks for posting this...He was just a disaster waiting to happen!

How screwy is that? That's some warning signs it any! He should have been locked up before he got the chance to kill someone. Now sadly it's too late. They could have put him in juvie; in a youth mental hospital. How was he even able to get out of that trouble and walk around in the public?

Does anyone remember the case where 2 juggalos killed a boy with a odd shaped 3 pronged sword? I think it was on here awhile back. Is it common for someone the age of 18 to have dementia?
(my bold)

Had to look it up....so will post for others. Always learning here!

A Juggalo is a member of the subculture/pseudoreligion that has grown up around the fan base of the Detroit rap group Insane Clown Posse, and related recording artists at Psychopathic Records. They follow the teaching of the Dark Carnival, which happens in six steps known as the Six Joker's cards, in this order: The Carnival of Carnage, The Ringmaster, The Riddlebox, The Great Milenko, the Amazing Jeckel Brothers, and The Wraith. They each are an ICP album name, and each have a meaning.

How heart-breaking for Mattew's family. There is a good chance it is him. I don't understand where our society is going. It's so scary. I fear for my child all the time when I am at work and he is at school and he is only 6!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4076709/

Updated

It was interesting to see that the girl, Allegra and the guy last name Kahn, both of their parents hired high powered attorneys.

The other two asked for public defenders.

The story makes me sick. I don't know what is up with the teens lately. This happened recently in Orange county also. I hate it when people blame video games, but I feel like some of these kids don't have any sense of reality versus fantasy.

LE confirmed it is Matthew Silliman's body. I don't know what happened to these teens....

(my bold)

Had to look it up....so will post for others. Always learning here!

A Juggalo is a member of the subculture/pseudoreligion that has grown up around the fan base of the Detroit rap group Insane Clown Posse, and related recording artists at Psychopathic Records. They follow the teaching of the Dark Carnival, which happens in six steps known as the Six Joker's cards, in this order: The Carnival of Carnage, The Ringmaster, The Riddlebox, The Great Milenko, the Amazing Jeckel Brothers, and The Wraith. They each are an ICP album name, and each have a meaning.
Well...that is interesting. Thanks~!

If these kids are guilty, God help us all.

BTW - the ICP has come up numerous times in the case of the 2 young girls shot on the side of the road in OK. And IIRC, there was a case involving this "gang/non-gang" in UT in recent months. Those who maintain they do not promote violence are in la la land. IMO, of course.

What bothers me is Matthew disappeared on Nov 25th. LE states the murder happened on Nov 30th. WTH happened between those five days?

I wonder if Matthew had been hiding out at the home where he was found? That would account for the five days btween when he went missing and his death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back