KS - Daycare Center Closed After Serious Abuse Caught On Webcam

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.salina.com/news/story/Tom-s-child-care-edit-for-Thursday--Dec--4--2008

(snip)
KDHE reports the Web camera, which is accessible to parents via computer, showed multiple examples of "prohibited punishment used against the children in care." Those include toddlers tied to chairs, flung against walls and thrown under a sink. One woman told the Journal that she saw her 16-month-old grandson tied to a chair and went to the center to get him.
It is awful to imagine children treated in ways described in the KDHE order. And it is a wonder that these acts were carried out in full view of a camera, which center employees knew was recording their actions.

Video report at the below link:
http://www.kmbc.com/video/18199017/

Wait, they KNEW there was a webcam and they still did this?!? What the heck?!?

Those poor children. :(

http://www.abilene-rc.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=FE7B0EE8-19B9-E2F5-4692A9CD8E4F17E2

(snip)
Among the KDHE?findings, the video shows:

• Toddler-aged children being tied to chairs during meals.

One toddler age child was observed on the web cam being shoved and flung, still tied to the chair, against a wall with such force that his feet swayed briskly in the opposite direction upon impact. A time lapse of the video shows the child was tied to the chair for at least 40 minutes.
• A teacher in the preschool unit put her leg over a child to keep the child on a nap cot.

The teacher repeatedly forces the child’s head down, face first onto the cot. A second teacher approaches the child and completely lies upon the child, covering the child’s body for several minutes.

• Observed a child grabbed by the arm and yanked across a room out of camera range.

• A child was pinned under a sink in a classroom because she would not be quiet during nap time. The child was thrown under the sink and hit her head on the pipes.

• A child care facility surveyor reported one teacher yelling at a child in a harsh, frightening tone of voice. The surveyor opened the door to find a toddler gasping, shaking and in tears.

Wait, they KNEW there was a webcam and they still did this?!? What the heck?!?

Those poor children. :(

I know! Are these people that stupid, or so evil they don't care? Makes you wonder what happened out of camera range.

This really makes me mad and upsets me.The people in prison do not like child abusers and molesters.

I can promise that if I was that grandma who picked up my grandson after seeing him abused, someone would have been seriously hurt.

Another article: http://www.salina.com/News/Story/day-care-follow-12308

Johnson said she has witnessed "mostly verbal" abuse at the center.

Kelly F. doesn't have the equipment to view a Web cam, but he said he caught one teacher holding down one of his sons "in a leg lock."

"I have no qualms about their safety, but that's not the best way to handle kids," he said.
If I caught ANYONE putting my child in a leglock, they would get their butt beat right then and there. NO ONE physically harms or restrains my child. NO ONE. That is extremely inappropriate.

OMG this is awful! I agree with everyone. If I saw this I would immediately go down there and beat someone's butt. If I don't his my child then NOBODY will! I can only imagine how those children felt especially being so young to not really be able to express what is going on. This is so scary. Maybe these workers thought that the parents' never looked at the cameras online or were just so mad they forgot the cameras were there. I definately think daycare centers should put these in their buildings!

The violence that happened at this daycare is appalling, and I find it more than a little ironic that some posters would respond with more violence. Ah, humans....sigh.....

The violence that happened at this daycare is appalling, and I find it more than a little ironic that some posters would respond with more violence. Ah, humans....sigh.....
If it was my child that I witnessed this happening to, I don't know how calmly I would react.

Would you calmly sit there and watch someone abuse your child?

I'm not saying I would stalk the person and murder or maim them after the fact. I'm stating that if I caught someone in the act abusing my child, you better darn well believe that I will do whatever I can to protect my child. And if you consider that unnecessary violence, well then that's your prerogative.

Would you calmly sit there and watch someone abuse your child?

I'm not saying I would stalk the person and murder or maim them after the fact. I'm stating that if I caught someone in the act abusing my child, you better darn well believe that I will do whatever I can to protect my child. And if you consider that unnecessary violence, well then that's your prerogative.

Nothing like a tigress protecting her cub... and that's what a mother is, a tigress!

This story is both horrible and bizzare. How long were the cameras there? Didnt anyone ever watch them before? I cant imaging the people working there were abusing these children in view of cameras!

My stomach hurts at the thought of what those kids went through.

Nothing like a tigress protecting her cub... and that's what a mother is, a tigress!
(my bold)

Except perhaps a Grand-tigress!

Mess with grandbabies and.....old :grandma: shrugs off the shawl.... :viking:

This is why my kids only went to the child care centers that I worked at, so that I could keep my eye on them. I know that there are lots of great people that genuinely love kids but there are also lots of sickos like these that just don't care.

I remember my first child's daycare had a webcam service that I could keep running in the corner of my computer while I worked. I can't even tell you the number of times I would call them because I thought my baby had been in the swing too long...mind you I would nurse her twice a day while she was there....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back