How do I start looking at UID for match?

mostlylurking

Reaction score
OK, first, I may be starting this in the wrong place. If so, mods, just move me where I need to be.

Now, having read & posted here for over a year, it just occured to me tonight, because of another poster sharing with me, that maybe I should be looking threads or sites about "John Does". My bio-father has been missing since July 1993. It is very reasonable to assume it was a drug deal gone bad, but there is not much to go on. I'd have to think really hard to remember which town in OK his car was found & he was traveling between OK & AR. So, if I wanted to search, how would I do it?

OK, first, I may be starting this in the wrong place. If so, mods, just move me where I need to be.

Now, having read & posted here for over a year, it just occured to me tonight, because of another poster sharing with me, that maybe I should be looking threads or sites about "John Does". My bio-father has been missing since July 1993. It is very reasonable to assume it was a drug deal gone bad, but there is not much to go on. I'd have to think really hard to remember which town in OK his car was found & he was traveling between OK & AR. So, if I wanted to search, how would I do it?

Mostlylurking,
Hi, if you go to the Lighting the Way Home Section on Websleuths, it has a lot of info in it on this subject. You can click on whichever state your interested in and it will have information in it about UID's and the missing. There is also a thread that has a list of National Databases and Resources here...

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179.

There is a lot of info on the LTWH board for you to get started. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Lighting the Way Home
State by State
http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Ima

You might also check the Doe Network and search the male UID's for both OK and AR around 1993.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back