Brad plays 'I Spy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthyGal

Former Member
Reaction score
Since no discussion allowed in media links and there's been a new SW returned in the case...

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1321372.html

And, as a bonus, best irony ever: the writer of this article? Samuel Spies, Staff Writer

------
From the article: "Brad Cooper was intercepting his wife's e-mail and read some messages the day before she disappeared, according to a search warrant made public Thursday.

The document also says some notes intercepted earlier were between Nancy Cooper and her lawyer, who was drafting a separation agreement between the Cary couple.

The search warrant application, signed this month by a Cary Police Department detective, says investigators searched a laptop computer belonging to Brad Cooper's employer and assigned to him. They learned that all incoming e-mail to Nancy Cooper's account was being copied and sent to an account associated with Brad Cooper's Web site."

This is the kind of person he was and is why she was trying to get away from him.

Aha! So now we understand some of the questions AS asked Brad in the deposition. I was wondering why she was asking about the AdventuresofBrad site. I thought it had to do with Celine, though.

N&O reports that he read emails that were for Nancy 3 times on July 11th!

I smell premeditation.... And - once again - it explains why he never got her money on Friday. His through process - "why waste a perfectly good $300?" he was busy in the office reading her email and plotting to kill her.

I believe this to my core. And it's beginning to sound like the DA has the evidence to back it up.

I wonder if there were any e-mails from the man in Canada she was texting? If yes, seems he may have been infuriated, especially in light of how angry NC was over his adulterous relationship with HM. Just a thought...

When I saw Maconrich's early post this morning about Brad's email adventures, I felt like a kid on Christmas morning for sure. Wow.

Now, does anyone know if Brad would have figured out how to get Nancy's emails like he did, or do you think he had help in figuring this one out? (I don't know anything about that, so you may see this as a dumb question that I should know the answer to.)

IF there is a possibility that someone else told him how to do this, they would not necessesarily be dragged into this crime, would they (whomever would have helped Brad do this)?

He probably did it himself, BUT if he had help (his brother is a computer science major, he has "people" who have expertise via friends, work, and he had Google too!)...he could have worked with someone else who either knew it was Nancy's email, or not.

Nevertheless, what a twist. I wonder for how long he was doing the spying.

Too bad Nancy didn't have spy mechanisms, oh, say...in the master bedroom closet, for instance.

Why am I not surprised by this revelation?:rolleyes:

Looks like Nancy's friends were right after all, about Brad spying on Nancy. :mad:

How he thought LE wouldn't find this out, is beyond me.

JMHO
fran

Is anyone really surprised to hear this - really ?

JWB in her affidavit indicated that the jailed one had a habit of entering her apartment after they had gone their seperate ways. Jessica and Brent Adam both put in affidavits that the jailed one was spying on Nancy, albeit, telephonically. But the portrait of hisability and willingness to do this type of thing was described long before this warrant.

Doesn't surprise me one bit actually and it won't surprise me one bit to hear how HE made the 6:40 am call to make it appear as though Nancy had called him. The truth will come out about that as well.

Rot in jail freak.

Maconrich,

You do not have to be an expert, you can change settings in most email accounts to send emails or copies of emails to other mailboxes, only takes a few minutes. I do not know what type of email NC had but I bet it was a free web based email which he could have quickly changed to copy from web into his box. Also there are keystroke finders you can buy for under a $100 they run silently in the background and record all information about email addresses, passwords, net activity. I have a keystroke finder on my kids computer so I can monitor their INTERNET activity, email, myspace, facebook, etc. You cannot see the keystroke finder once installed and a special code must be entered to even bring it up. So he probably used a keystroke finder to get email addresses and passwords and then logged in and re-routed her emails. Just my guess, could be wrong, but it sounds plausible.

Also if he had a remote interface installed he could have accessed her computer from another computer to do the changes he needed. It is basically the same way employers monitor company emails.

He's a sneaky pervert. 3 times on July 11 he checked Nancy's emails but couldn't be bothered to go to the bank to get the money promised. Slimey.

I bet her emails were automatically being copied/forwarded to his email account via a setting in the email system or via a program he used.

Too bad he couldn't seem to find time to get Nancy her weekly allowance...then again, didn't he allegedly tell her she wouldn't need it since she was earning money by painting?

Also if he had a remote interface installed he could have accessed her computer from another computer to do the changes he needed. It is basically the same way employers monitor company emails.

I'm sure he would know how to do this. I have such software running on all the computers on my home network so I can access any of them.

I bet her emails were automatically being copied/forwarded to his email account via a setting in the email system or via a program he used.

Too bad he couldn't seem to find time to get Nancy her weekly allowance...then again, didn't he allegedly tell her she wouldn't need it since she was earning money by painting?

He didn't get the money because he knew she wouldn't be needing it at all seems to me. She was leaving and not taking the kids one way or the other - his mind was made up.

He didn't get the money because he knew she wouldn't be needing it at all seems to me. She was leaving and not taking the kids one way or the other - his mind was made up.

Appears to be a reasonable inference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member