dogs deemed dangerous-owner's an arse

this 'owner' is stupid.

"waa they are like my baybees!". bs, would she let her human child run to the sewage treatment pond and do what he wanted?

we have had chihuahuas all my life. they are extremely excitable and hyper. it is their nature to be 'ankle biters' nippers, actually, rarely is any real damage done. ours tries to harass flies and dobermans equally. fortunately the dobies just accept it and act bored...

i feel so bad for these poor dogs, but i honestly dont see what could be done if they are unadoptable. people must take care of their animals, making sure that they will be safe and well cared for, before getting them in the first place.

It is so sad the dogs have to pay for the owner's mistakes. You'd think they would just adopt them out instead of killing them!

It is so sad the dogs have to pay for the owner's mistakes. You'd think they would just adopt them out instead of killing them!

That is the truth! Why not get them to a foster group before killing them. argh:furious:

I do feel very bad for the dogs, however I also understand why this is happening. From the article it sounds like there was an attempt to place them somewhere but they continued to show agression. These dogs are a mix and bigger than a tiny dog, I believe the article said 20 pounds. If a young child was attacked by a 20 pound dog it could do serious damage. She had 5 dogs, none of them fixed and running as a pack over to the treatment plant going after the workers there, what was the city supposed to do? Why in the world did she have 5 dogs when they couldn't be controlled? Why was there 5 mixed breed dogs to begin with? Where is the person responsible for letting their dog have this litter?
I hope she doesn't get more dogs if this is how she takes care of them!
We have several dogs who roam free around here, we do not let ours roam because we care about him and we care about our neighborhood. If these dogs needed to roam to get exercise then she needed to get off her but and take them for a walk on a leash.

VB

"Pack mentality". Seperated they would have probably been fine. Some people should not have animals.

I do feel very bad for the dogs, however I also understand why this is happening. From the article it sounds like there was an attempt to place them somewhere but they continued to show agression. These dogs are a mix and bigger than a tiny dog, I believe the article said 20 pounds. If a young child was attacked by a 20 pound dog it could do serious damage. She had 5 dogs, none of them fixed and running as a pack over to the treatment plant going after the workers there, what was the city supposed to do? Why in the world did she have 5 dogs when they couldn't be controlled? Why was there 5 mixed breed dogs to begin with? Where is the person responsible for letting their dog have this litter?
I hope she doesn't get more dogs if this is how she takes care of them!
We have several dogs who roam free around here, we do not let ours roam because we care about him and we care about our neighborhood. If these dogs needed to roam to get exercise then she needed to get off her but and take them for a walk on a leash.

VB

Is this the part of the article that led you to believe the Animal Welfare folks had tried to place these dogs?

"Animal Control officers declared the dogs to be potentially dangerous and could not be returned to Leonard. They had gone to someone else's property and acted in a threatening manner. They couldn't be adopted by someone else either."

They're talking about the original complaint that the dogs were going to the water treatment plant and acting aggressively.

I can't believe they're putting these dogs down just on the basis of how they acted running loose in a pack. Did they ALL act aggressively? Also, there are no reports that any of these dogs actually bit or injured anyone.

Yes, they need to be taken away from this owner who has refused to keep them in a responsible manner, but this county seems to make no effort to assess dogs or place them appropriately. Lazy and ignorant administrators. :mad:

Is this the part of the article that led you to believe the Animal Welfare folks had tried to place these dogs?

"Animal Control officers declared the dogs to be potentially dangerous and could not be returned to Leonard. They had gone to someone else's property and acted in a threatening manner. They couldn't be adopted by someone else either."

They're talking about the original complaint that the dogs were going to the water treatment plant and acting aggressively.

I can't believe they're putting these dogs down just on the basis of how they acted running loose in a pack. Did they ALL act aggressively? Also, there are no reports that any of these dogs actually bit or injured anyone.

Yes, they need to be taken away from this owner who has refused to keep them in a responsible manner, but this county seems to make no effort to assess dogs or place them appropriately. Lazy and ignorant administrators. :mad:

:clap::clap:Amen to that!

Another dumb arse owner....

Selectmen order dog to be put down

Dark days are ahead for malamute ‘Sunny’

PRINCETON— The Board of Selectmen voted to euthanize Sunny, an Alaskan malamute, against the recommendations of an animal behaviorist, stating they did not feel the dog’s owner would adhere to strict recommendations for the dog......

.....Several of Mr. Montagna’s neighbors in attendance at the hearing said they were concerned about the safety of their children, and that that Mr. Montagna has had trouble controlling his dogs in the past.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20081209/NEWS/812090637/1116

Dog dies...fool lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie