IF KC Were to Plea - Reactions/Ramifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtElf

Former Member
Reaction score
( Multi-purpose thread. Hoping the Mods might let it run for a bit to see how it goes. ) :)

If KC were to plea out, I'm interested in hearing what the reactions would be on three levels:
1. Legal - What would be reasonable/expected lessor charges? Would they also drop the fraud charges? Also, would JB automatically include request for permanent protective custody?

2. Ant Family - How do you think CA & GA would react? Would an accepted plea bring them peace of a sort? Would the spin stop?

3. Your Reaction - How would you feel about KC accepting a plea? Would you place any conditions on it? Would you feel as if justice has been served?

(Be cool - this could be an interesting thread if we can keep it open.) :crazy:

Here are my answers to the questions:

1. I am waiting for the legal eagles to educate us on this one.

2. I think CA & GA will still struggle. I feel as if they will agonize, face some cruel facts, but they'll still somehow spin it a bit to say, "KC did the right thing, even though the evidence didn't support a conviction. She's doing this for our family, not because LE did a good job." And while that saddens me to believe that, it also makes me hope they'll have some closure, even if they have to spin it.

3. Personally, I don't think KC will accept a plea. I feel she's consistently presented the mindset, "That's my story, and I am sticking to it." As another poster stated on the Geraldo thread, I think she's taking it all the way.

But, stranger things have happened with this case, so I think it would be interesting to explore the possibilities. Especially from a legal standpoint.

I won't feel as if justice has been served unless a plea forces enough detail for a genuine attempt to find Caylee's remains - and many, many years in jail.

From what I understand, the A's would have to stop the spin to some degree because a plea agreement requires an admission of guilt. They could no longer claim Caylee is alive and I think CA would have a breakdown.JMHO..

1. Legal. I think a plea deal should be in excess of 25 years but can introduce the possibility of parole. Dunno, legally.

2. A's. I think CA will spin that KC is being a martyr to protect both the family and Caylee and, once Caylee is found it will all be reversed. For CA, and for family image CA will always search for and seek a live Caylee. She will not admit her daughter is a murderer.

3. ME? I don't really care about KC at all as long as she serves a sentence and finally learns that there is accountability and responsibility. However, I would want a plea deal to enable the opportunity to bring Caylee home (if possible) and lay her to rest with respect, love and, family to visit and remember her.

of course it can run PH.
Just stay on topic :)

If KC were to plea out, I'm interested in hearing what the reactions would be on three levels:
1. Legal - What would be reasonable/expected lessor charges? Would they also drop the fraud charges? Also, would JB automatically include request for permanent protective custody?I dont know to much about the whole legal stuff....I just hope they only offer a plea if KC says where the body is....and I hope she gets as much time as the law allows and I hope they dont take away the other charges and those charges are on top of the murder ones

2. Ant Family - How do you think CA & GA would react? Would an accepted plea bring them peace of a sort? Would the spin stop?
with out Caylees body....I think they will always be looking for her alive

3. Your Reaction - How would you feel about KC accepting a plea? Would you place any conditions on it? Would you feel as if justice has been served?
I would be fine with a plea as long as Caylees body is found, and the other charges stand. I have faith in our system that she will spend plenty of time behind bars for what she has done.

and thanks for a great thread! :blowkiss:

1. Legal - What would be reasonable/expected lessor charges?
The lesser of the charges intead of murder would be aggravated manslaughter. In which case it is a violent felony.

Would they also drop the fraud charges?

Just like any other case in the country with multiple charges they can be consolidated. They come with their own recommended prison terms.

Also, would JB automatically include request for permanent protective custody?
He can include a REQUEST because that's all it will be. Whether he is granted that or not is completely up to the judge. When it comes to children even other inmates have "ethics and moral conduct" rules. I highly doubt she'll be placed in permanent protective custody.

"She didn't do it", No...and are you kidding? :p

3. Your Reaction - How would you feel about KC accepting a plea?

From mere observation of KC up to this point? Plea agreements aren't exactly an opportunity to admit ALL guilt but perhaps an easy out in some instances depending upon the crime and the recommended sentence by the DA's office. IF in this instance her defense cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt the forensics, the timeline, etc etc etc....sometimes they are offered the plea agreement to make the whole thing easier on the courts and the defendent. In other words if one side, the da's office/prosecutor knows that they can back the defendent up against a legal wall with the evidence that they have versus what the defense has? Plea's come into play. It's all dependent upon the defendents criminal history. It works on a scale of crimes/offenses, and time recommended and the defendents background.....which consists of many many things. So I guess my answer having said ALL of that is? She would to keep from admitting what she already knows.

Would you place any conditions on it?
Psychological testing would be a great start. I saw in some of the case notes through the clerks office that one restriction has already been placed upon her even though she is incarcerated. And that was no contact with minors under the age of 17. Upon release from prison if she is ever up for parole or convicted even......she's gonna have a bunch of restrictions on her anyway. :D

Would you feel as if justice has been served?

Absolutely not. Justice will be served when something/anything of that child shows up. Like the child herself regardless if she's alive or not. Sad to say only then will closure happen. No offense to LE who has done everything in their power...but the main key to the whole thing still remains with KC. To me justice will never be served as long as the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a mother who could have just told the truth to begin with. :(

of course it can run PH.
Just stay on topic :)

TY, Beanie!

I'm just putting the questions out there. I'll leave it to you guys to keep it on track.

Now then, to keep it on topic, what are YOUR thoughts on the questions? :crazy:

She has nothing to offer in exchange for a plea except the details and the location of the body. And she can't lie, because if caught lying about her "exchange" the deal is off.

I do not believe there will ever be a plea. "I will not plead guilty to something I didn't do!"

TY, Beanie!

I'm just putting the questions out there. I'll leave it to you guys to keep it on track.
Oh thank you!
Now then, to keep it on topic, what are YOUR thoughts on the questions? :crazy:
I have no thoughts I am too busy keeping threads on topic.:blowkiss:

I doubt that she will plea..just for the simple fact that she is the type of person that wouldn't want to look like a quitter. She is to wrapped up in herself to give up her stories because she thinks that her parents believe in her and will fight for her. Just knowing what I do of her so far, she won't want to admit to anything and make herself look bad or responsible for anything, although most of us agree that she looks bad right now because of all of her lies, but I think sometimes that she actually believes her own BS.

I doubt KC will take a plea. She has maintained her innocence for 6 months. We still all seem to be waiting for the "big revelation" that is never brought forth.

The Ants are so far into this Alice in Wonderland story, I doubt they will ever admit to KC having harmed Klee. If her remains are at some point found, the Ants will blame it on someone else. I am positive they know the truth of what happened.

Justice for Caylee is what I pray for. If KC goes to jail for a long time it would be good, as long as she is in general population. I wish the state would sterilize her as well, much less costly and more humane than what she did to Caylee . It would be tragic to have her reproduce. If she won't lead LE to Caylee's remains..she should have "child killer" tatoo'd on her forehead, she likes tatoo's.

She has nothing to offer in exchange for a plea except the details and the location of the body. And she can't lie, because if caught lying about her "exchange" the deal is off.

Then again, she could always offer an admission of guilt.

What ever the lesser sentence, I'd much rather Casey admitted it was her actions that led to Caylee's death, instead of maintaining her innocence (and the lies) and spending the rest of her life in prison.

You don't need her body to lay Caylee to rest.

If Dept of Corrections were to put her in General Population, I'd bet the farm that she would cop a plea in a heartbeat!

In my opinion, a plea deal would be one where an accident is claimed and then panic set in--hence the lies. The parents would accept an accident if that what was allowed. The case would be over and her sentence, light.

Even though I understand and support plea deals to reduce costs to tax payers, I will be very, very upset if any plea for Casey does not include the location of Caylee's body. This precious baby has been disrespected so much by her entire immediate family. It hurts, because Caylee matters.

Caylee's not garbage to be tossed anywhere at all, she's not a pawn. She was a human being, a person, and she deserves to have it known what happened, and to have her little body recovered and laid to rest with dignity and respect.

I think the prosecution has enough evidence to get a conviction. I'm confident they can do it especially after finding out that no body murder cases in the U.S. have a 80 to 85% conviction rate. Caylee is worth spending the money on a trial if Casey doesn't give the location of her little body. Caylee deserves it.

In regards to Caylee's family and their reaction to a plea, I simply don't care. Their refusal to fight for her is shameful. Therapy is available for them for any pain they have. My feelings are all for Caylee. I have nothing left over for Cindy or George or Lee. Unless one of them does what's right for Caylee and gives info that will lead to Caylee's location. Then I'm sure I'll feel for them.

Personally, for me it would depend what type of plea. I don't think that LE would drop the fraud chages, since they are technically an unrelated matter. I'm not sure on that part. But, back to the plea. I think that as long as she pled guilty to at least 1st degree manslaughter and told the whole story, I would be happy.

I don't think that casey taking a plea would bring G and C any peace, at least not in the short term. At first there would be more stories about how this was all part of the script. I'm not sure if they would stop spinning, but probably not, since telling the truth probably means implicating at least one of them.

Normally, I am against plea deals, but I can already see casey walking free as it stands right now, so I might be satisfied with a deal this time around. As long as a stipulation is that casey is sterilized to prevent this from happening again.

I wish but I don't think Casey will make a deal ..I wish she would slip
up and say something but then all she knows is lies in her head
and she will stick to her lies and stories.

I doubt KC will take a plea. She has maintained her innocence for 6 months. We still all seem to be waiting for the "big revelation" that is never brought forth.

The Ants are so far into this Alice in Wonderland story, I doubt they will ever admit to KC having harmed Klee. If her remains are at some point found, the Ants will blame it on someone else. I am positive they know the truth of what happened.

I agree. I think Casey believes she will beat this. She probably has an illusion of proudly strutting out of the court-room a free woman.

The A's will never admit KC killed Caylee. Yes, they know what happened. IMO

Legal, if she does a plea deal...........will there ever be a trial? The truth ever known?
Can she write a book? make money from this?

ants..........might be in jail with their own plea deal...........also will spin and say KC was under duress or something........never admit that KC is guilty of ANYTHING

me...........I just want justice for baby Caylee and a decent burial for her remains.
Caylee never deserved to be just thrown away!

Can KC make a deal based on staying in protective custody in prison? Because I think she "gets" the protective custody thing, I think she wants it. I can see her taking a deal if it included protective custody in prison. As long as she gives up the location of Caylee's body, I'd be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie