Baez on the Today Show 12/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

Makes ya think, doesn't it?

Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

why isn't he working on the CASE????? hmmmmmm isn't that HIS JOB????? seems lately like it's open mic at the today show.....:doh:

jmo

if its such a compelling story WHERE IS IT......

Why can't she tell her side of the story now? (And it will BE a story, I am sure.)

And why is she more concerned about clearing her name than she is about finding her little Baby?

It sounds as though he's going to try for a change of venue...researching different areas, etc

He's also going to be on Jami Floyd's Best Defense this am on Tru-TV. What is with him? He has less than a month and he is going on every talk show with the same story ...."You will know all about it in my opening statements, blah, blah, blah"!

Matt Lauer did say that anytime they have a segment on the case that they get TONS of mail from viewers who are angry that they are letting Casey's side have her say.

I believe the change of venue has become a moot point due to the saturation of this case....

What I don't get is if she truly has a story that will shock the world and clear her name, why wait until the trial? They should be getting as much of her story as possible out in the public to prove that LE has the wrong person before trial and to help the public to look for Kaylee or at the least to help LE to look for her.

This has never made sense to me. I understand the need for the defense lawyer to state and restate his clients innocence but it seems that they usually have some kind of story to tell not just saying that we will all understand at trail.

Isn't it also your defense attorney's job to try to avoid a trail by showing that she is innocent with proof provide to the prosecution so they would consider dropping the charges?

I mean if the defense had a truly bombshell piece of evidence that she is innocent wouldn't they present this to LE/Prosecution before the trail and get her released?

I'm torn between two things:

1. Either she and (with or without) Baez' help has spun some elaborate tale that they are going to spring on everyone at trial.

OR

2. They are saying all of this to bait the public and then at trial, they will have nothing new..no BLOCKBUSTERS....just same old ZFG tale.

He's also going to be on Jami Floyd's Best Defense this am on Tru-TV. What is with him? He has less than a month and he is going on every talk show with the same story ...."You will know all about it in my opening statements, blah, blah, blah"!

Well, I see it as an opportunity for him to drum up the $980 that his client hasn't paid him so that he can pay for the work and appearances in this case. We all can assume that as an attorney he's not doing it out of the kindness of his heart. :banghead:

The second motive would be because that the MORE he national attention he brings to this case and his client? The better the opportunity to pick the jury for this trial? He can whine and complain and pick apart every reason in the world about these people that he possibly can to prevent KC from having A: a fair trial in that jurisdiction and B: a fair jury...period.

I hate to say it but I see this kinda similar to the whole OJ case from 13 years ago ALL over again. :banghead:

Why can't she tell her side of the story now? (And it will BE a story, I am sure.)

And why is she more concerned about clearing her name than she is about finding her little Baby?

Cause it's easier to tell stories than it is to potty train, read to your child, give them good meals, bathe them & put them to bed.

The A's are going to be on LK on Wed, and KC's pre-trial is on Thursday.

Seems strange the parents will possible be out of town for the pre-tial.
Am I missing something here?

What I don't get is if she truly has a story that will shock the world and clear her name, why wait until the trial? They should be getting as much of her story as possible out in the public to prove that LE has the wrong person before trial and to help the public to look for Kaylee or at the least to help LE to look for her.

This has never made sense to me. I understand the need for the defense lawyer to state and restate his clients innocence but it seems that they usually have some kind of story to tell not just saying that we will all understand at trail.

Isn't it also your defense attorney's job to try to avoid a trail by showing that she is innocent with proof provide to the prosecution so they would consider dropping the charges?

I mean if the defense had a truly bombshell piece of evidence that she is innocent wouldn't they present this to LE/Prosecution before the trail and get her released?

Especially if that evidence would help find Caylee.

Oh goodie, does this mean we will get to hear from the devil herself.

It looks like we will have to. Who else is going to tell it? Is JB going to testify on behalf of his client? And, if it's in his opening statement, who is he going to produce to back up this story? ZFG? The lady at the airport? Her ex-firends? Looks like it'll have to be KC. Although somehow I don't think she will take the stand.

I'm torn between two things:

1. Either she and (with or without) Baez' help has spun some elaborate tale that they are going to spring on everyone at trial.

OR

2. They are saying all of this to bait the public and then at trial, they will have nothing new..no BLOCKBUSTERS....just same old ZFG tale.

I go with 2 ..

Well, I see it as an opportunity for him to drum up the $980 that his client hasn't paid him so that he can pay for the work and appearances in this case. We all can assume that as an attorney he's not doing it out of the kindness of his heart. :banghead:

The second motive would be because that the MORE he national attention he brings to this case and his client? The better the opportunity to pick the jury for this trial? He can whine and complain and pick apart every reason in the world about these people that he possibly can to prevent KC from having A: a fair trial in that jurisdiction and B: a fair jury...period.

I hate to say it but I see this kinda similar to the whole OJ case from 13 years ago ALL over again. :banghead:

Yep!

EXCEPT, Baez is NO Cochrane!

Just another "everyone will say I understand now, ok" I'm sure Larry King's show and the Dateline due Friday will sugar coat the story just as all the stations have done when the Anthonys appear there. I'm sure that is the only way they will agree to be on there. Of course the money doesn't hurt either. There is NO WAY that Baez will EVER let Casey Anthony take the stand. Every time her mouth opens a lie comes out. I just wish there was a law that she could be made to take sodium penathol and have to tell the truth. Now that would be when I would say "ok, I understand now"

WHEN THINKING OF A GOOD LIE.....ABSOLUTELY.....WORKS EVERY TIME!

The A's are going to be on LK on Wed, and KC's pre-trial is on Thursday.

Seems strange the parents will possible be out of town for the pre-tial.
Am I missing something here?

It's all about timing IMO, this is definitely planned and no coincidence.

If they can convince a handful of potential jurors that there are "credible" leads or sightings of Caylee somewhere, they're going to go to the ends of the earth to try to protect Casey.

I realize that no one, especially parents, want to accept that their offspring/loved one is a monster... but for the love of all that is holy... are they THIS stupid?

It's all about timing IMO, this is definitely planned and no coincidence.

If they can convince a handful of potential jurors that there are "credible" leads or sightings of Caylee somewhere, they're going to go to the ends of the earth to try to protect Casey.

I realize that no one, especially parents, want to accept that their offspring/loved one is a monster... but for the love of all that is holy... are they THIS stupid?

You are completely correct about this! Her story is just that, a story. Hoping the jury will buy it. What this says to me, is the perp is guilty, Baez knows it, is hoping to convince a jury. It only takes one juror to think that Caylee is alive out there somewhere. Or that the perp would never harm Caylee and therefore is innocent of whatever fate the child has endured. He does seem to be handling this aspect of the case well. He has to stick to his lines in order to proceed. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong