OH - Lisa Jansen, 12, abducted & murdered, Cincinnati, 5 April 1978

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Eugene Gall was convicted of the 1978 rape and murder of 12-year-old Lisa Jansen. He had a record of rapes, and he also shot a state trooper while in the commission of a burglary during the same time period. The jury sentenced him to death. He has gone through 4 appeals and the sentence was upheld. Now a federal judge has determined him to be insane and ordered him released to a mental hospital.

However, if Ohio moves quickly he can be extradited to Ohio, where he has been sentenced to incarceration for kidnapping, rapes and murders committed there. He will be eligible for parole on those charges in 2012. The federal judge is ordering that his record on the murder of Lisa Jansen be expunged in order to give him a better chance at parole.

The Ky Commonwealth Attorney seems hot about it. If you wish to send a letter to her giving your feelings about the expungement you can write to her at

Letters can be sent to her at Linda Tally-Smith, Boone County Commonwealth Attorney, PO Box 168, Burlington, Kentucky, 41005.

I looked but haven't found an email addy for her.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...nge-Murder-Record/4leZ3-HpBEuw-hf98Xqb_Q.cspx

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2001/08/16/loc_killer_headed_to.html

1999 Appeal
http://www.e-archives.ky.gov/pubs/Public_Adv/jan00/gall.html

Oh yeah, even the defense experts say he is likely to rape and kill again.

Eugene Gall was convicted of the 1978 rape and murder of 12-year-old Lisa Jansen. He had a record of rapes, and he also shot a state trooper while in the commission of a burglary during the same time period. The jury sentenced him to death. He has gone through 4 appeals and the sentence was upheld. Now a federal judge has determined him to be insane and ordered him released to a mental hospital.

However, if Ohio moves quickly he can be extradited to Ohio, where he has been sentenced to incarceration for kidnapping, rapes and murders committed there. He will be eligible for parole on those charges in 2012. The federal judge is ordering that his record on the murder of Lisa Jansen be expunged in order to give him a better chance at parole.

The Ky Commonwealth Attorney seems hot about it. If you wish to send a letter to her giving your feelings about the expungement you can write to her at

Letters can be sent to her at Linda Tally-Smith, Boone County Commonwealth Attorney, PO Box 168, Burlington, Kentucky, 41005.

I looked but haven't found an email addy for her.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...nge-Murder-Record/4leZ3-HpBEuw-hf98Xqb_Q.cspx

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2001/08/16/loc_killer_headed_to.html

1999 Appeal
http://www.e-archives.ky.gov/pubs/Public_Adv/jan00/gall.html

Oh yeah, even the defense experts say he is likely to rape and kill again.

I want to send a letter to the judge. :banghead:

Read the appeal I posted. Judge Martin got into a disscussion with the attorney (read that a peeing match) over the fact that the state isn't putting up enough money in DP cases.

Convicted child killer Eugene Gall up for parole 34 years after rampage through southwestern Ohio

CINCINNATI -- In 1979, Eugene Gall pleaded guilty to killing 14-year-old Beth Ann Mote.

Two years prior, the Oakwood, Ohio girl was walking to school when Gall pretended to stop and ask her for directions. In the next six months, Gall would abduct and rape at least four more girls in Dayton, Beavercreek and Cincinnati.

But Gall’s guilty plea 34 years ago wasn’t the end of his story: Now, at age 67, he will be considered for parole.

When Gall was convicted in 1979, he was already on death row in Kentucky. He had taken 12-year-old Lisa Jansen off the streets of her Columbia Township neighborhood and drove her to Kentucky where she was raped and shot to death.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ears-after-rampage-in-kentucky-and-cincinnati

Just came across this thread as I was a casual friend to his wife Beverly when I lived in Ohio. Mr. Gall was in jail originally as the "friday night" rapist. he worked at then Armco steel. He didn't commit murder until he was released from jail. Neither his wife nor his coworkers knew that he was capable of the rapes although they teased him that he looked like the sketch from The Middletown Journal. I suppose what he learned from Jail was to murder his victims. So some nutty judge wants him released? He should have to move Gall to his OWN neighborhood then. Gall will definitely kill again and again.

I came across this thread because I saw that it was a Kentucky murder that I hadn't heard of.
I checked and it looks like the parole he was expecting won't happen after all...

Killer Eugene Gall ineligible for parole, judge rules (WHIO-TV, Dayton, OH)

Eugene Gall, the convicted rapist, kidnapper and murderer, will not receive credit against his Ohio prison sentence for 16 years served in a Kentucky prison for similar violent crimes, Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Singer ruled today.

In September 2013, the Ohio Parole Board notified the Montgomery County Prosecutor's Office that Gall was eligible for parole because of the credit he was given for the 16 years served in Kentucky. Heck discussed the matter with the Ohio Attorney General's Office and was going to file a writ of prohibition before learning of Monday's decision.

Inmate Name: Eugene Gall
Inmate Number: A416846
Victims: Beth Mote, Lisa Jansen
Offense: Aggravated Murder; Rape x 5; Attempted Rape; Kidnapping x 2; Agrivated Robbery; Armed Robbery; Abduction For Immoral Purposes
Min/Max Sentence: 20 Years – Life
Status: Petition Active - Next Parole Hearing September 2021

CASE SUMMARY

On October 20, 1977, Beth Ann Mote was on her way to school in Dayton, Ohio when she was was abducted by serial rapist Eugene Gall. Gall had a history of mental problems and a long history of violent rapes. Beth Ann was never seen alive again. Police found Beth Ann’s body a week later. She had been raped and stabbed to death. While police continued to look for a suspect, Gall raped a second young girl at gunpoint in Dayton, Ohio. He then went to Kentucky, where he attacked 12-year-old Lisa Jansen. Her body was found in a ditch. She was raped and shot in the back of the head. Gall was arrested they day of Lisa’s disappearance after robbing a small grocery store. Before his arrest, he shot and nearly killed Kentucky State Trooper Gary Carey. To avoid trial, Gall pled guilty to kidnapping, raping and murdering Beth Ann Mote. He received a life sentence for killing Beth Ann, plus 14-50 years for the rape and kidnapping charges. Gall received a death sentence in Kentucky for killing Lisa Jansen and shooting Trooper Carey, however that sentence was overturned on appeal. He was not charged again for his crimes in Kentucky and was sent back to Ohio to serve his life sentence with parole eligibility.

LINKS:

Horrific child killer who brutally murdered two young girls up for parole (petition online)

Convicted child killer wants parole

The story of a sordid life - Times Gazette

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong