FL FL - Phillip Koss, 24, Fort Myers, 13 March 1995

We could rule this out with a few questions to LE.

Were there any wire framed glasses found at scene of accident?

Did Jason Doe have evidence of prior fractured wrists? Scare on Upper L arm, 3 inches, and a potmark? 1 inch scar on nose?

This site has really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the missing and uid and makes you realize how important almost every detail about someone is. Especially if your own children go missing. If law enforcement and the families of the uid and missing would give every single detail possible then finding or identifying would be easier. I don't have any idea if they do that. Maybe they do.

This site has really opened my eyes to a lot of things about the missing and uid and makes you realize how important almost every detail about someone is. Especially if your own children go missing. If law enforcement and the families of the uid and missing would give every single detail possible then finding or identifying would be easier. I don't have any idea if they do that. Maybe they do.

Excellent points. We recently rec'd an email with great info from University of TX who helps with getting DNA in CODIS for free..it had a list of pertinent things that should be included in info on missing. I will see if I can find it this weekend and post. TY for reminder of this very informative list.

Wow!! How great is that!! Everybody should print it out. We all think it couldn't happen to us, but it could.

Christine - I want that list also! Then I can ask LE the right questions when I talk to them.

Many of the UID I listed as possible matches also have tatoos that would rule them out quickly once it is verified that GD only has the homemade star tatoo.

Also - did you get my pm? I need help editing thread titles. Benjamin has been ruled out.

Thanks and Happy New Year ALL!

Salem

The height and weight seem to be substantially off the mark. The timing of his disappearance is not long before "Jason"'s death and "Jason" was heading south from DC, consistent with a return to Florida. What has always made me think that Koss deserves a closer look is that he disappeared on March 13, and the Grateful Dead began their East Coast spring tour in Philadelphia on March 17. They did three nights at the Spectrum, then on to three shows in Charlotte, NC and three in Atlanta before the end of the month. They played a number of shows in the South in April.
Phillip Koss was a music student. According to The Charley Project, he may have used the surname"Wolf" and nickname "Ace". Jerry Garcia had a famous guitar named "Wolf" and The Grateful Dead had a song called "Dire Wolf". Bob Weir's nickname is "Ace", which he used as the title of his first solo album. Not by any means convincing evidence that PK was a Deadhead, but I have a feeling that he deserves a closer look as a possible candidate for Jason.

Here's an article about Phillip Koss. Police were looking to see if he matched any of eight skeletons found in 2007 in Fort Myers. I don't know whether there was a match found, but I assume he'd be off the missing persons list by now if there had been a match. http://www.winknews.com/news/local/7913747.html

I was just looking through missing persons and found this guy, he looks a lot like Jason Doe (his teeth look perfect), he was known to use aliases. Do we know if Jason Doe has previously fractured wrists?

again...Ace could sound like JASE (in a concert) Jason!!!

i keep thinking if he wore tinted glasses...whats stopping him wearing tinted contact lenses! Has he been ruled out at all?

2015:

One evening in March of 1995, a young man left his south Florida residence and stepped into oblivion. Phillip John Koss, then 24, a talented violinist and a recent university graduate, had been battling mental health issues, including depression. His car was found a week later in Sarasota, about 75 miles to the north.

Phillip Koss vanished without a trace, leaving behind a bewildered family. His mother, Louise Morgan, decided then she would find her son; 20 years later she remains committed to that goal. She is convinced Phillip is alive. “Call it mother’s intuition,” Morgan said during a recent phone interview from her Florida home.

http://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...bines-art-and-science-solve-mysteries-missing

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1389dmfl.html
The Doe Network:

PKoss4.jpg

PKoss5.jpg
PKoss6.jpg
PKoss7.jpg
PKoss8.jpg

First 4: Koss, circa 1995; Bottom Right: Age Progression by EDAN artist Diana Trepkov

Phillip John Koss
Missing since March 13, 1995 from Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: November 20, 1970
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 190 - 205 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blue eyes; light brown hair. Glasses with wire frames.
    [*]Marks, Scars: 3" scar on upper left arm, 1" scar on bridge of nose, pock scar on upper left arm, previously fractured both wrists.
    [*]AKA: Phil, Ace, Phillip Wolf
    [*]Dentals: Available
  • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Koss was last seen in the evening hours leaving the vicinity of the 400 block of Van Buren Street in Fort Myers, FL

Thank you, Rayemonde!

I remember reading about Phillip's disappearanc when I became interested in MP cases several years ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back