911 call of skull released. Discuss

I listened to it and nothing is said of skull's state, nor of the alleged duct tape. Operator simply asks where and asks caller NOT to alert anyone else.

they sure sounded like they knew right away who it was too.

You could tell the female 911 dispatcher was saddened and upset when she figured it out. She gasped, "Oh no!"

I agree that it wasn't very enlightening....but it is another paver in this sad sidewalk story...

I put a transcript together for whoever wants to see it:

Caller 1: Yes, this is ....this is Orange County Utilities, Emergency Dispatch, we found a human skull.

ES: Oh my gosh ...

Caller 1: I know. We got a ... [talking to someone else] Is it a meter reader?

Caller 2: Yes.

Caller 1: [speaking again with ES] I want you to speak right now with a representative from our Field Services utilities.

ES: I see...

Caller 1: Everything is recorded here. Here he is.

Caller 2: How are you doing? A skull from a [inaudible] he believes is human.

ES: What's the location please?

Caller 2: It's right off Suburban and Chickasaw. In the Caylee Anthony area. Right by the school.

ES: Oooooooooooh ... [sounding a bit alarmed] Do you have a specific address for me or no?

Caller 2: No, it's right by the school. If you take ... [inaudible] he's there.

ES: Suburban and Goldenrod?

Caller 2: Suburban and Chickasaw.

ES: I'm sorry.

Caller 2: Yeah, and the school is right there. I can't think of the name of the school. You just go right on down a dead end right into the woods. ... It'll be on the east side of Chickasaw. Suburban.

ES: East side of Chickasaw. And what is your party's name that we're going to meet with?

Caller 2: [made inaudible]

ES: He's not touching this I hope.

Caller 2: No. I...

ES: And he's a ...?

Caller 2: He's a meter reader. I'll tell him to just stay at that location and to just stay away from everything.

ES: OK... And if you can, kind of stress to him to please not draw attention to the area; and that would be great. Just in case it is something. It might be nothing, but just in case.

Caller 2: Sure.

ES: And you're from what department?

Caller 2: Utilities Customer Service, and if you need any information, my number is ... [made inaudible]

ES: I'll go ahead and send a call out for a deputy to meet with him and we'll see you there very shortly.

Caller 2: OK.

ES: What kind of vehicle is he going to be in?

Caller 2: Probably a Colorado, a small Colorado, white. It'll have Orange County insignia.

ES: Ok, white Colorado truck and with Orange County markings ... Okay, we'll see you there very shortly.

I feel so awful for the guy who found her! But am so thankful he had the good sense and stomach to reach to look in the bag! God was working overtime yesterday as Caylee was definitely reaching out!

When you listen to the tape and the caller mentions it found found near the 'Caylee Anthony area' you can hear the emotion in the dispatcher's voice. She knows this is a legit call and knew immediately what it might be. Amazing how much emotion she puts into the oh no.

I don't know why but I have a feeling this guy was a freelance searcher. I mean they knew the area, they knew that it was close to the A's, the guy just happened to walk a ways back into the woods to take a leak. If I am right then bless him.

Whether or not he was searching, what he found had to be shocking. I hope he concentrates on what a great thing he did by making that find, rather than the shock of what he found.

You know, I was going to post on the thread about the Anthony's hotel stay but then went and decided to listen to the 911 call. When he said, "...by the Caylee Anthony area." and the dispatcher said "Awwww..." I just lost it. I don't cry much, even throughout this case, but I think it just truly hit me, finally. A beautiful daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter her light snuffed out forever. Never to sing again or laugh. I'm sorry, this probably isn't the thread for this.

Thank you for the posting of the transcript. It may not be much but it was still interesting to read/hear.

My comendation to both the Utilities crew, supervisors and the dispatcher. It looks like they did everything they could possibly have done. The utilities people immediately recognized the significance af what they had found. And the dispatcher had the foresite to warn them away from direct contact with the scene, and to request that everyone remain discreet in order to avoid stirring up a storm of journalists and sightsee'ers. Well done by all.

But my heart goes out to the guy who made that discovery. he is a hero for finally bringing little Caylee home. But that experience of walking into the woods to pee and finding her little skull will be scarred into his nightmares forever.

When you listen to the tape and the caller mentions it found found near the 'Caylee Anthony area' you can hear the emotion in the dispatcher's voice. She knows this is a legit call and knew immediately what it might be. Amazing how much emotion she puts into the oh no.

She put more genuine emotion into the OH No than we have heard from KC.

I have to sickly admit that I was a little disappointed this was from supervisors and not the actual meter reader. I think that first phone call would have been a lot more telling, and there would have been a lot more for the news outfits to go on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back