GUILTY MN - Erika Dalquist, 21, Brainerd, 30 Oct 2002

Erika Marie Dalquist
April 18, 1981 - October 30, 2002

Found but forever missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loves and misses Erika.
Special healing hugs to the Dalquist family.
Praying for justice, Lanie
Help For The Missing

WasBlind said:
Erika Marie Dalquist
April 18, 1981 - October 30, 2002

Found but forever missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loves and misses Erika.
Special healing hugs to the Dalquist family.
Praying for justice, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Hi Lanie.....hope all is well.....and you will start a thread about your trip to the US.........

I just read it this morning too. How very sad. Looks like there's a possibility that they may be able to find.......her killer, the one who's grandparents owned the farm where she was found. AT least he was a suspect. Poor baby.........when will ever stop!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

5 Eyewitness News has learned Dalquist's accused killer is now facing a federal charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. That allows the FBI to go after William Myears, joining a manhunt that is taking investigators across the country.

(Associated Press) - Prosecutors filed new charges Monday against the prime suspect in the disappearance of Erika Dalquist, whose skeletal remains were found on land owned by the suspect's grandparents this weekend near Brainerd.
http://www.kstp.com/article/view/143674/

I sure hope they can track the killer down! He could be anywhere if he joined a carnival last year.

Thanks for the updates. I followed all those disappearances last year in Minnesota - very strange.

Authorities in Omaha are joining the nationwide hunt for a Minnesota man accused of killing a 21-year-old woman.

Omaha police believe William "Billy" Myears possibly is in the area, according to a statement released Tuesday.

A week ago, Minnesota prosecutors filed two second-degree murder charges - one intentional and one unintentional - against Myears for the death of Erika Dalquist of Brainerd, Minn. Local, state and federal authorities have been searching for him since then.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=1636&u_sid=1105390

Funeral services have been set for Erika Dalquist, the 21-year-old Brainerd woman whose remains were recently found 18 months after she disappeared from downtown Brainerd.
The service will be 11 a.m. June 4 at Lakewood Free Evangelical Church in Baxter. Visitation will be 4-8 p.m. June 3 at Brenny Funeral Chapel in Baxter.

The funeral service is expected to last about 45 minutes. Pat Boone, Dalquist's uncle, said speakers might include Brainerd Police Chief John Bolduc and Dalquist's mother, Colleen Dalquist
http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/052704/new_0527040044.shtml

http://www.kmsp.com/news/local/story.asp?content_id=1630730

Friends and family remember Dalquist

BAXTER, Minn. (AP) -- Several hundred people filled a church here Friday to remember Erika Dalquist, the Brainerd woman whose remains were discovered last month, a year-and-a-half after she went missing. Dalquist, known as "Sunny" by her family and friends, was remembered for her outgoing personality and ever-present smile. "Those who knew Erika have many great things to remember -- her giggle, her belly laugh, the soft spot she had in her heart for kids and older people, the way she rubbed her belly after out-eating all of us and then falling asleep on the couch," her mother, Colleen Dalquist, said at Lakewood Evangelical Free Church. Dalquist disappeared from a bar in downtown Brainerd on Oct. 30, 2002. Her remains were found May 15 in a shallow grave on property owned by the grandparents of the prime suspect in her disappearance, William Myears. Myears is charged with second-degree murder. Pastor Kathryn Ingbritsen asked for prayers for other Minnesotans who have gone missing and haven't been found: Josh Guimond, Leanna Warner and Jacob Wetterling. She also asked for prayers for the family of Dru Sjodin, the Pequot Lakes woman whose remains were found in April. A Crookston man has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge of kidnapping that resulted in her death. Of Myears -- who is at large and being sought by authorities -- Ingbritsen said: "We wonder how a heart can hold such evil and act so sinfully, but holding anger and a desire for revenge threatens us from the inside. "We pray for the power to forgive, the ability to forgive." Members of Sjodin's family and Gov. Tim Pawlenty were among those who attended the service. After the service in Baxter, Dalquist's casket was taken to her family's church, First Lutheran Church in Pillager, where 21 yellow balloons and 21 purple balloons, representing each year of Dalquist's life, were released into the air. Family members then took Dalquist's casket to the family home a few miles south of Pillager for a private service. She will be buried at a later date in Randall.
6/4/2004

Prayers for justice, Lanie

Erika's Aunt left me a message. A few minutes after Erika's story was aired on AMW, I woman called and reported that she saw Billy Myears. Myears was then arrested in Michigan.

Good. Lets hope there's enough evidence so Erica gets justice.

And I hope Myears suffers for what he did to her. He showed no remorse, either. :furious:

As Erika Dalquist's parents marked what would have been her 24th birthday Monday by visiting her grave, the man accused of killing her in 2002 lies semi-paralyzed in an Oak Park Heights prison bed. He has yet to enter a plea, but his day in court might be fast approaching.

A Crow Wing County district judge has scheduled an omnibus hearing for June 21, at which time William Myears could enter a plea to a charge of second-degree murder.

Myears, 26, was arraigned last June after he was extradited from Michigan, where he was working with a traveling carnival. He was arrested shortly after his description aired on the "America's Most Wanted" TV program.

He has not returned to court since because of a medical condition that has left him paralyzed from the waist down, according to his attorney, and his care over nine months has cost Crow Wing County well more than its entire prisoner medical care annual budget of $54,000.

"That's how much I have in my budget to pay [for medical expenses] for 150 inmates," said Sheriff Eric Klang.

Earlier this year, Myears' attorney, Greg Larson of Little Falls, Minn., asked the court to have Myears examined to determine whether he is mentally and physically competent to stand trial.

The scheduling of an omnibus hearing "historically speaking" suggests that the prosecution will be allowed to proceed, County Attorney Don Ryan said.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5355737.html

This sounds like a case where the government should implement the "this person is costing the state to much money and he isn't productive anyway so let's cut out his food and water." We already know that his brain isn't functioning. No loss except maybe to his family.

I'm glad that Erica was found. What a horror her family has been put through. I can't even imagine.

The list of missing and missing but located scares me to death. A person doesn't have any idea how much evil is in this world until you start reading those threads. It never stops.

Prayers and Justice for the family.

JJJJaded

Medicare or something should start flipping the bill - I don't think the sherffi's office (techinally the tax payers) should have to pay for this killers medical condition.

Justice for Erica.

I have sat and cried over the heartbreak of Elaine Sepulveda's grandparents finding out there was a little girl in their compost pile. These people evidently KNEW she was there. They need to get that whole family locked away. FAST!

The payment is the first from a fund set up to help solve crimes.

In the five years since some of Minnesota's highest-profile companies established a reward fund to help investigators crack unsolved murders and abductions, they've offered up nearly $1 million in 17 cases.
Yet they never got the kind of help or information that led to a resolution of a case and, ultimately, a payoff.

That changed Tuesday when the Spotlight on Crime Fund announced it will distribute a $50,000 reward among three people who helped investigators find the remains of Erika Dalquist, 21, of Brainerd.

Dalquist disappeared after leaving a bar in downtown Brainerd the night of Oct. 30, 2002.

Dave Bjerga, special agent in charge of northern Minnesota for the state's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, said the fund's first payout was split among individuals who helped organize the search for Dalquist and those who participated in it.
http://www.startribune.com/462/story/187992.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back