Medical Examiner at crime scene - Dec 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't today the 15th?

Anyway they have said they have expended the crime scene and search area. They have been finding small bones and remains scattered in a wider area, so they are doing a broader search and sifting the soil, much like an archaelogical dig. LE now anticipates to be there another 2 or 3 days.

So Dr. Lee may be standing out in the street awile yet.

I read on I think it was the Orlando Sentinel's site that just over 2 dozen bones were recovered thus far. So most of the remains are still there at the site.

Thanks-that was absolutely my guess as well....got a whole lot of bones even in that tiny body.:(

Thanks-that was absolutely my guess as well....got a whole lot of bones even in that tiny body.:(

Lots of underbrush there. I know they took buckets of soil from there and sifted, but you're looking at needles in a haystack. I understand that the bag the remains are in opened at one point, while under water.

I also read somewhere that a baby has 300 bones, an adult has 206. They fuse together in childhood, so she's got many bones still left out there. That poor sweet thing.

They removed some bushes.....TM said the bag was wedged up under some bushes

Why would the ME need to come BACK though? She is not a forensic anthropologist, she is a forensic pathologist!

IMO, she needs to identify something else - another body perhaps? A fetus? Who else is missing? OMGosh!

I am very impressed that LE, OCSO, FBI, SA's office, and the ME are doing such a thorough job!

Why would the ME need to come BACK though? She is not a forensic anthropologist, she is a forensic pathologist!

IMO, she needs to identify something else - another body perhaps? A fetus? Who else is missing? OMGosh!

It could be as simple as asking her if bones are human vs animal. ??
I am also very curious why she came back!

The ME is the one who has to remove the remains from the area..She was called out and removed the original remains, and I would say she has been back and forth all weekend removing any furthur remains that are located.

They removed some bushes.....TM said the bag was wedged up under some bushes

I just saw them dragging and carrying some palmetto bushes to the ME office (I'm guessing that is where its going) Sad to think that she may have been fertilizer for that bush.

I once buried my cat, after she died of course, way in the back away from the house... it was about an acre from the house. My dog dug up the grave, which was deep, and dropped the cat back off at our back door. I came out the back door the next morning and screamed... my husband came to see what was going on and we both stared at each other. I asked him if he was positive our cat was dead :eek:.... he acutally doubted himself for a moment.

We didn't know what to think because we first put her in a shoe box, then we wrapped box in a garbage bag just like the one Casey used, then we dug what we thought was a deep hole. We went to the grave to figure out how our cat got out of her grave and saw where our dog had dug the hole and pulled the cat back up... he took her out of the bag and out of the box. It really spooked us for a few minutes. The dog wasn't fond of the cat so we guess it was a message to us :waitasec:.

Thank goodness we found the our cat before the kids discovered her. They would have needed therapy or something.

So its possible she may have done more to secure Caylee's burial sit but an animal came along and got curious. It would be fitting if it was her own pets but they don't look like they get outside much.

IMO the ME needs to be there to remove bones found. Following protocol.

I believe this is the first visit Dr. G has made to the scene. Someone else took the remains away last week. Dr. G seems to be thorough and is probably checking out the situation.

If you look at the Orlando ME site, under employment, another technician removes the remains.

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/DEPT/hfs/healthservices/me/default.htm

I don't believe they found another body, just more of the one they found last week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Garavaglia

Of course, I could be wrong.

Well it could be because last night on Geraldo the talking heads, Mike Baden in particular, were scrutinizing how LE were sifting thru the dirt and debris at the site, saying that it takes a trained eye to tell the difference between twigs, stones and bones, particularly because the bones in poor dear Caylee's case, some can be very tiny.

So maybe ME is just there to overlook the progress?

I didn't realize it before but it is now on the same link as above.

The ME on-site is the one and only Dr. G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77