Votes: 310 68.4%
  • The body was moved

Votes: 28 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 30 6.6%

• Total voters

Egoslayer

Reaction score
Yes - She put the body nearby so it would be found and prove her explanation of a kidnapping correct.

No - She didn't want Caylee to be found, but buried her close in a "Neutral" or "comfort" zone.

The body had been moved - by an accomplice or someone who *knew* & wanted LE to find the body faster.

Other - state your opinion in the thread

I voted YES.

Casey wanted Caylee to be found..... in the condition and the place in which she put her.
Casey lied, however, because she did not want to be blamed for the death of Caylee.

Initially, I would have said no. But I actually think that she DID try to hint and make suggestion as to where people should look, in hopes they'd find the body and be able to make the kidnap story seem more plausable.

Hence her repeated comments about the search needing to stay local, feeling Caylee was "not far" etc. If she'd come right out and said, "look by the school", well...that would have been too obvious. But by using the whole maternal instinct BS as an excuse, she might have been able to bring searches close to where she wanted them to be.

Casey is stupid in some ways, and smart in others. This type of calculated and strategic planning would be consistent with her overall behaviors for the past 3 years.

MOO.

Yes, she already set the stage telling her DAD that Caylee was going to the sitters and told the BF that Caylee was at the sitters and the beach etc. The story wore thin after awhile. It seems everyone stopped asking except Cindy. Out of sight, out of mind for everyone except Cindy.

No, if she had really wanted to play the kidnapping story from the beginning imo she would have actually reported that her daughter was missing! If she had managed to slither away before her mother found her and demanded answers, none of us would know a thing about Caylee missing. She would have spun a tale about her and Caylee moving away and keeping her away from the family. For some reason she did not leave but I think she was planning to, just didn't do it quick enough.
Casey thinks she is so smart and the truth is, she did no thinking in this!

VB

Most murdering mother's place the body within one mile of the home. This is not an indication that they desire for the body to be found or discovered, it is likely several factors:
Wanting to still feel that the child is "close"
Wanting to be rid of the body as quickly as possible
Wanting to hide the body in a location that is known and familiar

Most mother's who kill their children ALSO wrap them in some form or fashion and bury them or dispose of them in a womb-like fashion, MANY in water. Caylee was wrapped in a sheet or towel or blanket and then wrapped in a bag and taped/sealed inside...just like the womb. Why these sick people who already killed their child feel the need to return them to the "womb" state is beyond me...maybe a projection of the fact that they wish the child had never been born?

Initially, I would have said no. But I actually think that she DID try to hint and make suggestion as to where people should look, in hopes they'd find the body and be able to make the kidnap story seem more plausable.

Hence her repeated comments about the search needing to stay local, feeling Caylee was "not far" etc. If she'd come right out and said, "look by the school", well...that would have been too obvious. But by using the whole maternal instinct BS as an excuse, she might have been able to bring searches close to where she wanted them to be.

Casey is stupid in some ways, and smart in others. This type of calculated and strategic planning would be consistent with her overall behaviors for the past 3 years.

MOO.

I agree with this to a point...I think that whom she wanted to find Caylee was her family so they could move her or bury her more thoroughly and aid her (as they already were) more by helping her hide the body better. I think she left her there on a "whim" and full well intended to move her at some later point, but time got away from her (and so did her CAR!) and she was unable to go back and complete the task.

No...she did not want LE to find the body because her initial reaction of "Oh my God this cannot be happening" and the fall to the knees would not have occurred is she did in fact desire that. It was the last thing she wanted. And I for one am so glad that her ill-fated scheme was uncovered and Caylee was found.

Most murdering mother's place the body within one mile of the home. This is not an indication that they desire for the body to be found or discovered, it is likely several factors:
Wanting to still feel that the child is "close"
Wanting to be rid of the body as quickly as possible
Wanting to hide the body in a location that is known and familiar

Most mother's who kill their children ALSO wrap them in some form or fashion and bury them or dispose of them in a womb-like fashion, MANY in water. Caylee was wrapped in a sheet or towel or blanket and then wrapped in a bag and taped/sealed inside...just like the womb. Why these sick people who already killed their child feel the need to return them to the "womb" state is beyond me...maybe a projection of the fact that they wish the child had never been born?

Ugh so eerie. My thoughts on returning to the womb - maybe to offer comfort to the child? Return them to a state where they can't feel any more pain. Maybe mothers that kill their children don't even think about it, it's just an instinctual thing to bury them in a womb-like place.

no- putting Caylee so close to the house does not seem like choice she would make if her idea was to stage a kidnapping.
Wouldn't she have put her near the Sawgrass Apts or Blanchard Park?

No, I don't think Casey "wanted" anything other than to dispose of her trash bag and continue to avoid reality by partying. It's not clear to me that Casey has any concept of the future. (Don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a nanosecond she is insane or not responsible for her actions.) I just think she's extremely selfish and doesn't think or care about the consequences of her actions. She was allowed to live without consequences thus far; why wouldn't she continue to assume someone will come to her rescue and clean up her mess?

If she was trying to get LE and her parents to buy the kidnapping story, trying to get Lee to look locally, where they used to go, and if she had just bought a $15,000 life insurance policy on KLee, then, yes, she wanted her found fast. That's why she hung around for a month after she murdered Klee. "They haven't even found her clothes yet." KC

Ugh so eerie. My thoughts on returning to the womb - maybe to offer comfort to the child? Return them to a state where they can't feel any more pain. Maybe mothers that kill their children don't even think about it, it's just an instinctual thing to bury them in a womb-like place.

A fetus in the womb is EXTREMELY sensitive to pain. They are more sensitive IN the womb then after they are expelled...:eek:

If she was trying to get LE and her parents to buy the kidnapping story, trying to get Lee to look locally, where they used to go, and if she had just bought a $15,000 life insurance policy on KLee, then, yes, she wanted her found fast. That's why she hung around for a month after she murdered Klee. "They haven't even found her clothes yet." KC

Did she bury the clothes in the yard and this is why she is so incredulous that the clothes have not even been found? I think they had better do a little more digging in that yard.:eek:

Yes - She put the body nearby so it would be found and prove her explanation of a kidnapping correct.

No - She didn't want Caylee to be found, but buried her close in a "Neutral" or "comfort" zone.

The body had been moved - by an accomplice or someone who *knew* & wanted LE to find the body faster.

Other - state your opinion in the thread

I voted "no" as I don't believe Casey wanted the body found, nor did she expect it to be found. No body supported her story that Caylee had been kidnapped.

I don't think someone else recently moved the body to where it was found. If that had happened, it would have been placed where it could easily be spotted. LE has stated that it was sheer luck that it was found, as the bag was up under bushes. It was luck and the meter reader's curiosity that found it.

Did she bury the clothes in the yard and this is why she is so incredulous that the clothes have not even been found? I think they had better do a little more digging in that yard.:eek:

Yeah it seems that the clothes are closer than the body?

MOO.

This was a light bulb moment for me yesterday.

I think KC thought Caylee would be found right away. That's why she made a point to tell everyone Caylee was with the sitter and she was out partying hard. I think she was prepared to be the devastated mother with a baby murdered by the babysitter.

She was not prepared to be the mother of the missing child, that's why her story was so lame. She's no good at switching gears mid game. If Cindy would have given her 1 more day like she asked I'll bet 911 would have gotten an anonymous call about a strange odor/package right where Caylee was found.

In the long run the truth would have come out, for all the prepping KC had done she was surely no mystery writer.

She bought time for herself by avoiding her parents altogether for a month and living the perfect lie with a bunch of people/men who didn't know her well enough to call her on her "motherly" duties. I even wonder, if Cindy didn't go after her, how long of a lead time.....disappearance time....would Casey have had to play with? She was surely dreaming/acting out a life full time as a single person and loving every moment of it, until the hammer fell and her parents found her. It was only a matter of time. Where were the SEDATIVES then? Why does she need them NOW!!! She's toast, the jig is up for her and she knows it. Brrrr, chilling!!!! Can't wait for the barage of lies that she is dreaming up now to explain how close Caylee was. The details she is thinking up now to add to the "Nanny kidnapped her and framed me" story.

This was a light bulb moment for me yesterday.

I think KC thought Caylee would be found right away. That's why she made a point to tell everyone Caylee was with the sitter and she was out partying hard. I think she was prepared to be the devastated mother with a baby murdered by the babysitter.

She was not prepared to be the mother of the missing child, that's why her story was so lame. She's no good at switching gears mid game. If Cindy would have given her 1 more day like she asked I'll bet 911 would have gotten an anonymous call about a strange odor/package right where Caylee was found.

In the long run the truth would have come out, for all the prepping KC had done she was surely no mystery writer.

Bolded and underscored by me. Ohhhh, that hit a cord with me. This is a brilliant comment!!!!

A fetus in the womb is EXTREMELY sensitive to pain. They are more sensitive IN the womb then after they are expelled...:eek:
>
I don't want this to turn into a debate of a different sort, or HJ the thread for that matter......but..... It's widely regarded as fact, in the scientific community anyway, that a fetus' CNS isn't nearly developed enough to experience 'pain' until around the 30th week of gestation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/23/health/23cnd-fetus.html
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/search?fulltext=fetal+pain
>
>
As far as the poll goes, I voted "other", there are compelling arguments on both sides in terms of Casey's intent on the discovery of the child's corpse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back