A Touching Way To Honor Caylee

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ever since the find on Thursday I've wanted to do something in honor of Caylee. That all the work, dedication and love given by fellow WS'ers shouldn't just fade. Caylee was a catalyst that changed how many of us view this life. I'm confident that in the following months we will come up with something to honor Caylee's memory in a tangible way.
But, until that time I had a thought I would like to pass by you. It seems Toys for Tots collections are falling short of expected goals. I thought maybe we could all donate in our respective areas in honor of Caylee. In the least it would be something positive in a case that is heartbreaking.
Rozey

Dear Rozey,

This is a WONDERFUL idea.

Thanks to Rozey for thinking of a beautiful way to honor Caylee.

OK, Websleuths members. Here is something that many of us can do. In addition to honoring Caylee we can help make sure the kids in our area get some fantastic toys for Christmas.

Thank you Rozey.

Tricia

I have been waiting to find the proper place to put this, and this seems like as good a place as any.....

I have been following this case since the very beginning. I have a son who I think may be a sociopath, (can't tell the truth to save his life), and from the minute I first heard about this case, in the very first days it was being reported, I heard a lot of things that I sort of identified with, so I have followed it very closely.

I also work in the social services field and I hear stories every day about children who are abused and neglected, some very obviously, and in very horrible ways, and some in not so obvious ways. Shortly after this case became very well followed, I read an op-ed piece from someone stating that so much energy was being focused on this case, that it would be a wonderful thing if people would put some of that effort into the "Caylees" all over this country who are still living, and still in desperate need of help. (I wish I could remember the person's name, but it was a very touching article, and it brought up some very valid points.)

As I said, I have followed this case since the very beginning, (maybe even before it went national, since I am in Florida), and I have become consumed by this story. I think that the best that we can all do is to take some of that focus that we have all been spending on this case, and use it to help other children who are in need of help. (Maybe volunteer as a Guardian Ad Litem, or Big Brothers/Big Sisters, or any number of local groups.)

I guess what I am trying to say, (and I really hope this isn't too long winded), is just get out and DO something to help other children. While it may be too late for this little angel, there are so many others that it is not too late to help!

Tricia, I started a thread about doing the same type of thing as a way to honor Caylee a few days ago, is there a way it can be merged here, several people have posted on it about what they're doing with T4T's and other things. It's a few pages back now since everything is so busy here.
It's titled A Way To Honor Caylee

I'm getting ready to go to town now myself to drop off the gifts we got for our Angel, have decided to get 1 more thing (boots) to add to it just in case!

:blowkiss:
VB

Ever since the find on Thursday I've wanted to do something in honor of Caylee. That all the work, dedication and love given by fellow WS'ers shouldn't just fade. Caylee was a catalyst that changed how many of us view this life. I'm confident that in the following months we will come up with something to honor Caylee's memory in a tangible way.
But, until that time I had a thought I would like to pass by you. It seems Toys for Tots collections are falling short of expected goals. I thought maybe we could all donate in our respective areas in honor of Caylee. In the least it would be something positive in a case that is heartbreaking.
Rozey

Dear Rozey,

This is a WONDERFUL idea.

Thanks to Rozey for thinking of a beautiful way to honor Caylee.

OK, Websleuths members. Here is something that many of us can do. In addition to honoring Caylee we can help make sure the kids in our area get some fantastic toys for Christmas.

Thank you Rozey.

Tricia

What a wonderful idea. I was going to contribute, but now I'll add another gift for Caylee.

Funny this is posted b/c every year I donate to TFT's..this year I donated a cabbage patch doll, with the name of Caylee. I searched all the boxes in 4 stores before I found one who's "birth certificate" stated her name was Caylee. This is an excellent idea..love it!

Wonderful idea...MyCokeRewards.com will also donate your points towards Toys For Tots. All you have to do is purchase the bottles of Coke that have the rewards numbers under the caps...or the cases that have the awards numbers...then go to the site and enter them...

Local food banks are hurting badly too....our little grocery store has a bin set up right at the checkout. Taking some of the stress out of feeding a family, whether single or 2 parent can be a Godsend.

Most of the people in our little town are ranchers, coal miners, resort workers...I am happy to say that bin is usually NOT empty and nOT full of low end stuff! Yaay for our folks...

Also, since little Caylee was a dog lover...how about the older toys...maybe an old towel or sheets, blankets...take them to your local animal shelter.

Clip the plastic eyes off the toys first though for safety!

There is another group that is in desperate need for volunteers it is CASA it stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate, and if you do training in your area you can help children that have been removed from there homes and put in the foster care sysytem and when the children have to appear in court you accomany them and be there voice...I know that all of us would have loved to have been Caylee's voice, but unfortanatly it was to late.....They just need adults with a little time on there hands.approx 10 hrs a month..If you can look them up and see if this is something you could help with..We could possibly be the voice for other children who dont currently have there own...Before it is to late for them...

I have been waiting to find the proper place to put this, and this seems like as good a place as any.....

I have been following this case since the very beginning. I have a son who I think may be a sociopath, (can't tell the truth to save his life), and from the minute I first heard about this case, in the very first days it was being reported, I heard a lot of things that I sort of identified with, so I have followed it very closely.

I also work in the social services field and I hear stories every day about children who are abused and neglected, some very obviously, and in very horrible ways, and some in not so obvious ways. Shortly after this case became very well followed, I read an op-ed piece from someone stating that so much energy was being focused on this case, that it would be a wonderful thing if people would put some of that effort into the "Caylees" all over this country who are still living, and still in desperate need of help. (I wish I could remember the person's name, but it was a very touching article, and it brought up some very valid points.)

As I said, I have followed this case since the very beginning, (maybe even before it went national, since I am in Florida), and I have become consumed by this story. I think that the best that we can all do is to take some of that focus that we have all been spending on this case, and use it to help other children who are in need of help. (Maybe volunteer as a Guardian Ad Litem, or Big Brothers/Big Sisters, or any number of local groups.)

I guess what I am trying to say, (and I really hope this isn't too long winded), is just get out and DO something to help other children. While it may be too late for this little angel, there are so many others that it is not too late to help!

I guess we were thinking along the same lines :)

This was my choice in honouring caylee:

CHILDRENS HOME SOCIETY WINTER PARK

CHS delivers a unique spectrum of social services designed to protect children at risk of abuse, neglect or abandonment; to strengthen and stabilize families; to help young people break the cycle of abuse and neglect; and to find safe, loving homes for children. Last year, CHS helped to improve the lives of more than 90,000 children and family members.

Through Healthy Families, CHS helps parents cope with the stresses of everyday life, recognize their roles as their children's first teachers, and become better role models. Experienced family social workers give parents the tools to nurture healthy child development and promote positive parenting. The voluntary services are delivered in the family home enabling parents to learn to succeed within their own environment.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but its easily found on google anyway. Looking at the site, gives you the warmest fuzziest feelings, and helping them out in caylees name feels even better. I love that it not only helps the kids themselves, but helps teach the parents to be better moms and dads to them.

Jeese WS is made up of some wonderful people it humbles me just to read on this site. I have a bunch of toys in my closet that were supposed to be Christmas gifts for the little one who was taken out of my life and her sisters. It's time they went where they'll do some good. I'll do it today.

Toy Mountain up here in Ottawa is very below demand for children in Caylee's age range. If anyone knows anybody up here in Ottawa (capital of Canada), get them to donate before Christmas! It's so sad. I think it's the same thing, but there was a news story on the local news how 2 to 5 year olds who recieve from this program might not get anything this year. :(

To me there is some good that can come from this tragedy and that is for people to reach out to others, especially young struggling parent's and offer whatever help we can. I donated to a children's charity that feeds families and since the holidays are coming the need is even greater.

I always donate to toys for tots and whenever I remember take stuff to the local food pantry. But I think any charity would welcome anything anyone can give, and to give it in Caylee's name is just that much nicer.

Sorry silverhope :( I don't know anyone in Canada.

Toys for Tots is wonderful idea to memorialize Caylee and contribute to the many children who will be doing without during these hard times. Children need to be loved and adored first, and then anything to make their days brighter and more evolving second.

We need to love each other and care for each other more. When this happens fewer people will be harmed.

All of these are wonderful ways that we can make a difference in a child's life in memory of sweet little Caylee.

I'd like to add another: Project Night Night

It's an organization that I've donated to in the past, and will now make another donation to in Caylee's memory. From their website:

"Project Night Night is dedicated to improving the lives of homeless children, one sweet dream at a time. *To this end, Project Night Night donates individual tote bags each filled with a security blanket, an age-appropriate book, and a stuffed animal to children (ages 0-10) in homeless shelters. *By providing objects of reliable comfort, Project Night Night seeks to advance the emotional and cognitive well-being of each child we help. **

Every child who receives one of our Night Night Packages leaves the shelter owning a book which encourages reading and family bonding, a security blanket which can be cuddled, and a stuffed animal which can become a cherished friend. *We have one objective – to deliver our Night Night
Packages to every homeless child in the country who needs one."

Donations to Project Night Night may be made by sending money or by sending the items to be included in a Project Night Night tote bag.

I think that providing comfort and security to children so much in need of them is a very fitting tribute to Caylee. An idea that I have for my donation is to include a copy of the same book that Caylee loved; how beautiful to share her love of this book with other children who may grow to love it too!

It's so great to be a part of this forum, with all of its caring and generosity. :)

Someone in a thread - I'm so sorry but I can't remember who - said to donate a book to your local library in Caylee's memory.

I thought that was a brilliant idea.

I hope this will bring some peace for others:

SPENDING CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST THIS YEAR

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight us so spectacular, please wipe away that Tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of the music can’t compare with the
Christmas Choir up Here!
I have no words to tell you of the Joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description, to Hear the Angels Sing!

I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart,
But I am not far away. We really aren’t apart.
So, be happy for me dear ones. You know I hold you Dear,
And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I send you all a memory of my undying Love.
After all “Love” is the gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

I can’t tell you of the Splendor or the Peace here in this place.
Can you just imagine Christmas with Our Savior face to face?
I’ll ask Him to lift your spirit, as I tell him of your Love,
So then Pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.

Please love and keep each other as My Father said to do,
For I can’t count the Blessings or the Love he has for you.
So, have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that Tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas With Jesus Christ This Year!

---Anonymous—

Also, since little Caylee was a dog lover...how about the older toys...maybe an old towel or sheets, blankets...take them to your local animal shelter.

Clip the plastic eyes off the toys first though for safety!
---------------
I like to donate detergent and bleach.The ladies are so glad to recieve it..i brought home a shelter dog this past summer! He is sooooo good it's unbelieveable.Merry Christmas.

---------------
I like to donate detergent and bleach.The ladies are so glad to recieve it..i brought home a shelter dog this past summer! He is sooooo good it's unbelieveable.Merry Christmas.

Oh thats wonderful Nore!

You know...I help with our national Clubs rescue...and sometimes it seems that those dogs that are tossed aside, are just a wee bit more grateful.

I always remind my nieces and nephews that learning to care for animals is a step in the right direction for their children to learn to be great human beings.

:blowkiss:

Blessed Mother, Please listen to my prayer
Our little girl has slipped away to climb the golden stairs.
You'll recognize her, Mary,when she reaches Heavens door,
Such shiny hair you've never seen,that hair I'll curl no more.
Please kiss her when you welcome her and smile a Mother's smile,
Explain that we cant follow her for just a little while.
She is such a Baby,Mary,she may cry up there alone,
So place her little footstool close to Jesus'friendly Throne.
Give her a smiling Cherubim to share her childs play,
And send a wooly lamb with her to walk along God's way.
She'll be good I promise,if you take her on your knee,
And tell her tales of Baby God when he was half past three.
Please Mary,keep her happy through the years that I must wait,
Until the Master beckons me to enter through the gate.
Teach her the songs the Angels sing,her Heavenly ABC's,
But Mary when we meet again, let her remember me.
...................ANON...............
This is a poem I place at my daughters'crypt each year on her birthday.The word Mother is used in a few spots but I couldn't bring myself to post it.Lets just say it is from each of us as Caylee has truly become "our little Angel".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back