Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

SCHTown

Reaction score
Baez lashes out at investigators

On Wednesday Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez released the following statement regarding the crime scene:

“The Casey Anthony Defense Team has made numerous attempts to preserve the evidence in and around the location where the human remains of what appear to be a small child were found.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

towards bottom

Uh....tee hee - is all I can come up with!!

No surprise - just more of what I already posted on another thread: trying to poison the future jury pool into thinking that they have some "right" to be there.

These experts who are behaving this way, along with J Baez and his crew, are simply trying to sway the FUTURE JURORS who may be watching any video or news reports of these events into THINKING that they, J Baez and his crew, SHOULD HAVE been allowed access, ergo possibly getting them a leg up with the future jurors.

Not that I think it will help (cause I don't, since the nation is watching the events and proceedings and likely knows what the judge ruled) but I guarantee you this is why they are acting this way. ITA it's unprofessional, to say the least, since J Baez, for one, knows darn well he'd never be able to get any such argument/testimony in front of the future jury (Judge S would shut that down IMMEDIATELY in light of his rulings DENYING any such access!)

He is being given reasonable access to the scene. Exactly what he is entitled to. Did this man go to law school? Does he have internet access where he could read the laws in Florida? They have a very easy to navigate site, maybe I will send him a link. It might clear up how to proceed.

Baez lashes out at investigators

On Wednesday Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez released the following statement regarding the crime scene:

“The Casey Anthony Defense Team has made numerous attempts to preserve the evidence in and around the location where the human remains of what appear to be a small child were found.

Law enforcement has been repeatedly asked to allow reasonable access by medical and scientific experts for the defense, including requests for photographs, and assistance with maintaining a secure examination scene prior to any media or general public access.

Every effort by The Baez Law Firm to establish a level of basic cooperation and professional courtesy have all been rejected by the government. This lack of cooperation has complicated how to proceed.

Now that the scene more resembles that of an excavation site as opposed to an examinable crime scene - attorney Jose Baez has been advised that without properly detailed photographs and all related material and documentation, the various experts on the Casey Anthony Defense Team will simply not be able to thoroughly examine the site.

Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason. The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=166

towards bottom

The Casey Anthony Defense Team...it sounds so important...lol.

Baez worried that "this matter has already become a Media Circus". Now, there's a joke. The guy has never met a microphone that he didn't like.

The prior poster had it right--this is nothing but bs grandstanding to poison the jury pool. Trust me, this sort of thing works with juries. All it takes is one juror. This is why I think the court erred by not imposing a gag order.

I watched four experienced lawyers on Fox earlier(two of them now news people) discussing this and not a one of them felt that the prosecution was doing anything wrong.

They indicated that this is standard in murder one cases.

JB is grandstanding, IMO. He has nothing that is going to save the ice princess and he knows it. This is the only shot he has, discredit and complain.

i believe judge strickland called Baez's tactics regarding premature access to the crime scene "interfering with a murder investigation".
Baez knows he can't win in a court of law so he's now taking it to the court of public opinion. i don't think he'll win there either.
:rolleyes:

:laugh:
SNIPPED: " . . . attorney Jose Baez has been advised that without properly detailed photographs and all related material and documentation, the various experts on the Casey Anthony Defense Team will simply not be able to thoroughly examine the site. ..."
In regards to the above, maybe the experts will now DROP Casey's case, eh???

:laugh:
SNIPPED: "...Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason. The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”
In regards to the above, J Baez and crew OPPOSED the gag order that the prosecution attempted to have placed on this matter to prevent the media circus he's been feeding.

Uh....tee hee - is all I can come up with!!

Yep...what goes around comes around....
Maybe they should have all thought of this before they insulted and alienated every helping hand away throughout this whole ordeal

The prior poster had it right--this is nothing but bs grandstanding to poison the jury pool. Trust me, this sort of thing works with juries. All it takes is one juror. This is why I think the court erred by not imposing a gag order.
I agree. I really wish there had been one imposed in thsi case.

Gimme a break, The body has not been Identified yet,what makes him think he can just waltz on into a crime scene investigation?? Back off Baez and let LE do its job is all I have to say

I watched four experienced lawyers on Fox earlier(two of them now news people) discussing this and not a one of them felt that the prosecution was doing anything wrong.

They indicated that this is standard in murder one cases.

JB is grandstanding, IMO. He has nothing that is going to save the ice princess and he knows it. This is the only shot he has, discredit and complain.

Agree, and it is not just standard for a murder one case, it is the standard for crime scenes. The burden of proof is on the state, these are trained professionals paid for by the taxpayers, it is their crime scene until they release the property back to the owner. In most cases they don't know what charges will be related to a crime scene as usually the scene is found before a suspect is charged. Casey being charged does not give her some exemption.

It BAFFLES me that he does not seem to get that by insisting they have a right to be there he is confirming that this is Caylee's body, the location of which would only be known by the murderer. That damages his client.

QUOTE=PomMom12;3070256]Baez worried that "this matter has already become a Media Circus". Now, there's a joke. The guy has never met a microphone that he didn't like.[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap::):):)
I love it.

IMO Baez needs to spend as MUCH time as he can to prepare a defense, not worry about what everyone else (LE) is doing. ITA that he's working to taint the jury pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back