Jose Baez - Today Show - Dec. 19, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
The Today Show just started and Matt Lauer said an exclusive interview with Jose Baez is coming up. I don't know what time, but I'll have it on, so I'll post when it's about to happen.

I can't wait to hear his comments about the meter reader tips :rolleyes:

rough overview....that OCSD is in deep dodo due to not checking out "tips" as the should have...well not comment on pay....

rough overview....that OCSD is in deep dodo due to not checking out "tips" as the should have...well not comment on pay....

I know I'll probably be attacked for saying this, but.... LE should be ashamed of themselves if this is true. If the meter reader could smell decomp in that area back in August and could find the bag all by himself 4 months later in Dec., then LE shouldn't have had any problems in finding it prior to TS Faye hitting. Bottom line, they didn't follow up thoroughly. If they had of taken Cadaver dogs out to that area prior to TS Faye hitting, back when the meter reader smelled the odor and called the 1st time, then they would have found her. It's obvious, the meter reader new exactly where to go back to look and he new what he had smelled. LE better come up with a great explaination. Otherwise, this gives defense big reasonable doubt.

I agree that KC did this, but this is a huge screw up by LE. The whole time that baby was right there and someone was trying to let them know.

Just MOO

Sorry I didn't get back in to post before and during this interview, I couldn't get on WS.

It was a brief interview. Jose said that the entire investigation is now under question due to the meter reader tips situation. Matt Lauer basically said "Oh really? The whole investigation?!", and Jose again said indeed it was.

He did *not* complain about the lack of access to the crime scene lol.

They usually have a video up on msnbc.com of Today Show interviews within an hour or so of the show ending.

I just don't understand how this would give reasonable doubt as to who killed Caylee???? All it show is that LE didnt follow up on a tip. If tehy had followed up on the tip, they would have found her REMAINS sooner, it wouldnt have changed the circumstances surrounding her death OR who is responsible.

It was determined on the NG last night that no one did anything wrong. LE did follow up on the tips but did not find anything and was interrupted by another call at one point. IMO, she was found when she was supposed to be found. They are going to be able to determine when she was put there through the insect life, etc.

JB & MR B Need to be carefull and realize that there is duct tape with finger prints and thats where the ball is going to be rolling in my eyes. They should stop pointing blame at others and look at Ms. KC or she could get the DP Back!

It is too bad that the deputy dropped the ball, but the defense can't make any more out of it than what actually occurred. They can't make this person responsible without proof and I don't think they will find any. It is convenient for them now to have someone to try to scapegoat, but I believe all roads will still lead directly back to Casey and the A family home.

I just don't understand how this would give reasonable doubt as to who killed Caylee???? All it show is that LE didnt follow up on a tip. If tehy had followed up on the tip, they would have found her REMAINS sooner, it wouldnt have changed the circumstances surrounding her death OR who is responsible.

I agree with you. It would have saved time but not Caylee. She was already gone. Who did this remains the same.

Sorry I didn't get back in to post before and during this interview, I couldn't get on WS.

It was a brief interview. Jose said that the entire investigation is now under question due to the meter reader tips situation. Matt Lauer basically said "Oh really? The whole investigation?!", and Jose again said indeed it was.

They usually have a video up on msnbc.com of Today Show interviews within an hour or so of the show ending.

I guessed Jose would latch onto this report about the meter reader. Someone else to use for an end result of "reasonable doubt". If he thinks for one moment that's going to work for him, he needs to go back to law school. I'm sorry but you don't point the finger at the innocent to protect the guilty. He's grabbing at straws and this too shall fail.

Geraldo was Just on Fox & Friends

He is calling for the OCSD to hire an independent Prosecutor to handle this case. He stopped short of calling the OCSD incompetent but he did say that they are "screwing up a slam dunk case "

Geraldo also said that the County has hired a lawyer for the Meter Reader & that something is "Bogus"

Good post--as we know that's the thing for many trial lawyers--pick on one aspect that is human error related and try to build a case around it (Mark Fuhrman comes to mind). Though the issue really doesn't go to guilt or innocence it will be used to obscure and divert.
I'm sure the OCSO is not happy but I believe they will investigate the incidents and do the right things to address the mistakes but the case is not a bit affected other than forenscis being done later.
He has a loser and will lose. That's my prediction.

He is calling for the OCSD to hire an independent Prosecutor to handle this case. He stopped short of calling the OCSD incompetent but he did say that they are "screwing up a slam dunk case "

Geraldo also said that the County has hired a lawyer for the Meter Reader & that something is "Bogus"

I stopped watching Geraldo when he opened Capone's vault and found one empty beer bottle. LOL

Don't buy anything HE says.

It is too bad that the deputy dropped the ball, but the defense can't make any more out of it than what actually occurred. They can't make this person responsible without proof and I don't think they will find any. It is convenient for them now to have someone to try to scapegoat, but I believe all roads will still lead directly back to Casey and the A family home.

SS, I totally agree. In the light of the tips, I think the largest tip was whatever they found that lead them back to the Anthony home with that search warrant the day of the findings.

I would agree with this. It's not LE's fault per say as the area itself was not in the best of conditions back then anyway. I would question the officer who responded but I wouldn't hold it against him. In August LE had already made up their minds about the case. In August people's attentions were distracted by the whole "live sightings" issue. In August?

Casey was already in jail. And still wouldn't talk. If the area was able to be searched at that time it was already determined that it was difficult because of the conditions anyway.

It is amazing to me that someone can slaughter a defenseless child, but JB thinks the bad guys are LE because they didn't find the remains fast enough. If his client had not have killed her baby girl, LE would not have had to even search! I know defense attn. have a job to do and I have watched many do it well even when their client is guilty, but JB is in a class by himself... a low class.

It is amazing to me that someone can slaughter a defenseless child, but JB thinks the bad guys are LE because they didn't find the remains fast enough. If his client had not have killed her baby girl, LE would not have had to even search! I know defense attn. have a job to do and I have watched many do it well even when their client is guilty, but JB is in a class by himself... a low class.

You can be sure the Florida Bar is watching him work this case verrrryyy closely.

keep in mind that GR thinks jb is a wonderful atty....

I wouldnt even consider him low class.....he doesn't give a damn about Caylee or even CA for that matter. All he cares about is "this is his big case that will make him famous".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine