2008.12.19 Casey's Request to Search in Secret

irishinme

Reaction score
The remains have been found (pending positive ID), we've learned the discovery site is 15 houses away from the A house and slowly details are emerging from where the remains were found.

With this in mind, what are your thoughts/opinions, now, about KC's prior request to search in secret?

Wanting isnt getting - KC will be learning this lesson over and over again the next
several months.

I could hypothsize that she wanted to "stumble upon" the finding, and put on a big display, crying, nanny did it, etc.

But really, when have you ever heard of an alleged perp "looking" for someone they alledgedly do not know whom they are with and where they are? Would you want a perp and her defense "finding" the crime scene? Lol! Have to laugh at that one too.

the only thing I can think of is she wanted to move the body perhaps deeper in the woods or somewhere where she knows nobody would ever find her... I still can't believe she "dumped" Caylee just 12 ft. from the side of the road, she had to know Caylee would be found.

The remains have been found (pending positive ID), we've learned the discovery site is 15 houses away from the A house and slowly details are emerging from where the remains were found.

With this in mind, what are your thoughts/opinions, now, about KC's prior request to search in secret?

It was one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind when Caylee was found. I seriously think she wanted to move her body to a more secret location. I hope the DA brings this up at trial because as a juror, it would be another piece of circumstantial evidence.

she wanted the body found for sure

interesting b/c I don't think she ever wanted Caylee found... her lawyers know it would be a harder case to prove without a body and she could carry on w/ the nanny story much longer and possibly receive less of a sentence. now there is so much evidence that hopefully links her to the crime scene and poor Caylee's body.

I could hypothsize that she wanted to "stumble upon" the finding, and put on a big display, crying, nanny did it, etc.

But really, when have you ever heard of an alleged perp "looking" for someone they alledgedly do not know whom they are with and where they are? Would you want a perp and her defense "finding" the crime scene? Lol! Have to laugh at that one too.

As unlikely as it is that JB would want such a scenerio, it is highly likely that this is just what KC had in mind. When this all got started and KC was the "sole fountain of information" for her family, she enjoyed the spotlight, even from jail. As the case drags on and nothing new happens, even KC gets tired of the routine. A scene like you describe above would be just what KC would dream up for reclaiming the spotlight. It's really an odd world we live in....

Is it possible that someone could have gone through the Anthony's backyard (meaning KC), into the woods to the body? I can't tell by the pictures if the wooded area goes down that far. But supposing it does, is it possible that KC could have snuck out the back, and managed to pull the body further away from the street? Or made sure it was covered well?

I feel her motive was to stumble over Caylees body and carry on like a distraut mother. She had probably praticed in a mirror grieving mother faces she saw on the internet. She couldn't have moved the body because she was wearing an ankle braclet.

She wanted a chance to move the body. I'm not sure how she would have accomplished that, but I think that was her plan.

Or Casey wanted to check to make sure her remains were still hidden.

This whole thing was misconstrued from the get-go. Media hype IMO.

From prior to KC being released from jail the FIRST time Jose wanted to be able to take her to key points of interest, he wanted her to show him the same places she showed LE. He was NEVER asking for her to go out to search, let alone in secret.

This was in an article from the very beginning of the case, I'll find it and post it for you all. I'll also find and post what his actual motion was that he argued prior to her being indicted on Murder charges.

brb

I think she wanted to move the body to be sure it was not found.

I really have no idea what she wanted.I think it's pretty scary,trying to get into her head to try and figure out what she was thinking. :(

This whole thing was misconstrued from the get-go. Media hype IMO.

From prior to KC being released from jail the FIRST time Jose wanted to be able to take her to key points of interest, he wanted her to show him the same places she showed LE. He was NEVER asking for her to go out to search, let alone in secret.

This was in an article from the very beginning of the case, I'll find it and post it for you all. I'll also find and post what his actual motion was that he argued prior to her being indicted on Murder charges.

brb

Quoting my own post to add the links

JULY 25th - http://www.wftv.com/news/16991834/detail.html

<snip>
Casey's Attorney Wants To Be Able To Retrace Her Steps With Her
Friday, July 25, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony, the mother of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, remained jailed Friday as her attorney continued trying to get her bond lowered. Casey's attorney says, instead of her sitting jail or even under court order to stay home, he wants to be able to retrace her steps with her by his side.
<snip>

OCT. 6th Motion - http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/1006/17636252.pdf Page 13 of this PDF

It was NEVER to go "search". The media hyped that they were wanting to search but that wasn't the case. JB didn't want the media following them while he had KC show him the exact same spots she pointed out to LE, I think he was going to try to discredit LE in their investigation by claiming they lied or something about the places she pointed out. Considering he stated the bondsman would be going with them and possibly someone from LE I doubt highly she had plans to move the body.

I don't much like JB and I certainly can't stand even breathing the same air as KC (and I"m more than 1000 miles away!), I have to say, this was taken out of context by the media.

I hope this helps you all!

OK, July 25th was when it was first requested that she search on her own. I'd like to see if it matches up with a timeframe the Suburban Rd. area was being searched. Maybe that was about the time there were searches going on around the A home and she was getting nervous? I feel she was going to do what she could to divert the searches going on at that time by the media focussing on her and where SHE wanted to search (goes without saying it would have been away from where Caylee was found).

I feel her motive was to stumble over Caylees body and carry on like a distraut mother. She had probably praticed in a mirror grieving mother faces she saw on the internet. She couldn't have moved the body because she was wearing an ankle braclet.

My thoughts are very similar to yours, I too think she wanted to be the one to "find" the body. It is not that uncommon a behavior for killers to lead police to their victims in such a way or to interject themselves into investigations. I am not sure about the psychology behind this, maybe someone else has a better grasp of the pathology.

She wanted to fan the flames of delusion. She loves the 'poor mommie whose baby was kidnapped' story, gets a lot out of the attention from the As and Jose over it, and wants to milk it for all she can. She's thrilled that Cindy, in particular, fell for it. Casey is a typical sociopath. So transparent.

ETA: She also just wanted to get out because she was feeling controlled in jail and in home confinement.

TY :) for posting this story link.

just a thought...

KC (or any client) can make a request to legal rep. JB acts/requests on her behalf to the courts. Of course requests can be shot down by the judge, as this one was.

We don't know what conversations went on behind closed doors at JB office. Remember how much time KC spent there? It is within likelyhood and not unreasonable to speculate KC pushed the issue and JB tried to discourage her from making such request. We've all seen in a number of videos how determined and persuasive she can be.

Quoting my own post to add the links

JULY 25th - http://www.wftv.com/news/16991834/detail.html

<snip>
Casey's Attorney Wants To Be Able To Retrace Her Steps With Her
Friday, July 25, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony, the mother of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, remained jailed Friday as her attorney continued trying to get her bond lowered. Casey's attorney says, instead of her sitting jail or even under court order to stay home, he wants to be able to retrace her steps with her by his side.
<snip>

I'll add the motion as soon as I find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back