More Zero Tolerance Insanity...Girl Accused of Selling Drugs...Halls Cough Drops

twinkiesmom

Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18295358/detail.html

Girl Handing Out Cough Drops Accused Of Selling Drugs At School

POSTED: Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A Clay County father said he wants answers after his daughter and two other kids at her elementary school were accused of selling drugs and facing possible punishment all over some Vitamin C drops.

Zero tolerance is designed for people in "authority" with zero wisdom and zero discerment to assume zero responsibilty for their actions.

OMG. Those Halls vitamin C things are not even cough drops either. Gimmie a break! Get real, school admin.!

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A Clay County father said he wants answers after his daughter and two other kids at her elementary school were accused of selling drugs and facing possible punishment all over some Vitamin C drops.

Geez, this is beyond stupid. Get me back in a time machine. I'm glad I grew up when I did.

The poor girl was probably terrified thinking the law was going to nab her and throw her into prison any second on some charge. I don't understand how schools get away with doing things that no other business or group could even think of doing to people with accusations, arrests, or imposing fines and extortion to be able to get a kid's cell phone back. They crowd kids into rooms in usually old drafty buildings packed like sardines wheezing and sneezing all over the place from all the viruses and strep throat that is constantly passed around all year, but the kid can't bring a cough drop to school. I say let every one of the parents bring cough drops and nose sprays all year long if kids aren't well, and force the nurse to dispense all day on her job. If the kids are on Medicaid or good insurance with no copay, get a dr. note every time and tell them exactly why it's needed. The school would get over that real quick.

Thats stupid. I don't remember a problem with caugh drops when I was in school. My partner, who is older than me, remembers her school sold caugh drops to kids in the lunch room before school. You could buy pens, pencils, caugh drops. And you didn't need parents permission either. This was elementary school in say 1976.

That teacher should be reprimanded for handling the situation the crappy way she did. Now that little girl is going to be traumatized by the teacher calling her a drug dealer.

Thorkim, i'm glad i grew up when i did, too. Nowadays these zero tolerance policies can be crappy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back