Website
Visit site
ODD CAMPAIGN IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN: JonBe"

ODD CAMPAIGN IN NORTHERN MICHIGAN: JonBenet shadows father's run for office
Ramsey says he's in position to help in state House
May 15, 2004
BY SHAWN WINDSOR
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

CHARLEVOIX -- Nothing is ordinary about the race for the state Legislature's 105th House District in northern Michigan, where candidates don't often need the services of stylish Russian makeup artists or hip, muscled security guards.

He is a Republican, a fan of President George W. Bush.

A fan of George W Bush

Like Ramsey, they are all conservative, abhor taxes and abortion, believe in guns and God.

NOT PRO CHOICE

BELIEVES IN GUNS AND GOD????????????

http://www.hometown.aol.com/summergirls0323/jonbenetramseypageindex.html

He abhors abortion but apparently has no problem, IMO, with the killing of a six-year-old child and the covering up of her murder. Interesting contradiction!
:waitasec:

This post and the above including the article(for referrence of PL readers) have been moved to the parking lot.
Please keep this thread away from the pro- choice pro-life discussion.

Thanks

It was not my intention to make this a thread about abortion and I'm sorry if the topic upset you Angel. I would never want to do that. Abortion is a topic I usually stay away from on public forums. Like religion, it can get way too heated and that was not at all my intention. :eek:

Abortion is a separate issue. The thread is meant to point out where John Ramsey stands on these issues.

Yes, in this case, pro choice means a woman's right to choose an abortion, but the thread is about John Ramsey.

The women of Michigan will have to choose who to vote for.

Whoa I am going to ask to stop any discussion of abortion. No one will change anyone's mind. All that will end up happening is everyone will get mad at each other.

I think Barbara was trying to show how conservative Ramsey is. If I am not mistaken Michigan is on the liberal side with pockets of conservative areas.

Sorry to have caused an uproar Tricia,

While I made my personal opinion on that particular topic obvious, the purpose of the thread was to show how conservative JR is.

That in itself is not the issue, but ironic that someone who has no problem drinking, taking pills to make himself feel better, etc. would brag about being such a conservative.

Didn't he make Patsy a 40th Birthday party that was racy? I can't remember, but I do believe it had an adult theme to it. Someone refresh my memory please.

These conservative stances coming from the Ramseys are akin to David Duke getting Bar Mitzvahed!

Barbara....what did you do? :crazy:

I think he had a female impersonator, imitate Patsy Barbara. It's my opinion most ultra conservative republicans wouldn't vote for Ramsey anyhoo.

We need to start a JBR foundation thread and include all the promises John and Patsy claimed the foundation and SHOES would do.....and the nothingness both have done since.

Your waiter for the evening is: Uncle Johnny :razz:

Top Ten Features of John Ramsey's NRA Restaurant

10. Freshest meat in town because they shoot it right before your eyes.

9. Bulletproof lobster bibs.

8. Mandatory seven-day waiting period between ordering dinner and dessert.

7. Tip over 20 percent, get complimentary frisking by waitress.

6. Monday night is Ladies Night, and by ladies we man "guys too sissy to carry loaded weapons."

5. All waiters named "Smith" or "Wesson."

4. Eric Clapton guitar they stole at gunpoint from Hard Rock Cafe.

3. Movie memorabilia from such stars as Charlton Heston...and Charlton Heston.

2. If cook screws up your order, put a cap in his butt!

1. Bar sells both kinds of Colt .45. :boohoo:

K777Angel,
I moved this post to the parkinglot to the "another article about John" thread.

Any talk of prochoice/ prolife needs to go there please.

I do know that the initial post has a POV but Barbara later illustrated her intent so I let it stand.
(It is also at the parkinglot so as not to lose context)

Thanks for understanding,

Amra

K777angel said:
K777Angel,
I moved this post to the parkinglot to the "another article about John" thread.

Any talk of prochoice/ prolife needs to go there please.

I do know that the initial post has a POV but Barbara later illustrated her intent so I let it stand.
(It is also at the parkinglot so as not to lose context)

Thanks for understanding,

Amra

Amra - Take a look at Barbara's post! It's nothing but a SLAM against
people who are pro-life!!! The "strike two" slam and the ugly shocked faces
precisely because John Ramsey is pro-life - NOT because he is "conservative." How can you say that post is justified
and any comment taking exception to it is not??
What a hypocrit.
Barbara did NOT need to go any further than stating that John Ramsey is a Republican and therefore conservative. She - and you - claim that is all she was doing. It was not.
She then went on to post her FEELINGS on those conservative positions.
Her "feelings" on the issues have NOTHING to do with her "intent" of pointing out that John Ramsey is a conservative. And you know that.

SO - if you are objective and fair and honest - you will now move her post over to the parking lot and away from here, because afterall, as YOU have stated: "ANY talk of prochoice/prolife needs to go there please."

I'm waiting....

RELAX ANGEL

No need to get so upset. I have edited the initial post so as not to allow anyone to say I was expressing an opinion.

I guess the "agree to disagree NICELY" doesn't apply here.

Barbara did NOT need to go any further than stating that John Ramsey is a Republican and therefore conservative. She - and you - claim that is all she was doing. It was not.
She then went on to post her FEELINGS on those conservative positions.

Since when are we to "script" our posts according to whose feathers would be ruffled????? No I didn't NEED to go further, but like the rest of this case, we post our FEELINGS about the Ramseys, their behavior and their way of life. That is just another topic the Ramseys have feelings about and as such, I was under the impression that on an OPINION forum, we can comment on them; just like when YOU comment negatively about issues that may ruffle some feathers. Having said that, I edited the post out of RESPECT for you Angel and because it is a sensitive issue.

Barbara said:
RELAX ANGEL

No need to get so upset. I have edited the initial post so as not to allow anyone to say I was expressing an opinion.

I guess the "agree to disagree NICELY" doesn't apply here.

Since when are we to "script" our posts according to whose feathers would be ruffled????? No I didn't NEED to go further, but like the rest of this case, we post our FEELINGS about the Ramseys, their behavior and their way of life. That is just another topic the Ramseys have feelings about and as such, I was under the impression that on an OPINION forum, we can comment on them; just like when YOU comment negatively about issues that may ruffle some feathers. Having said that, I edited the post out of RESPECT for you Angel and because it is a sensitive issue.

That was my point Barbara. I thought it was an opinion forum too. But mine got removed - and yours stayed. It was unfair and there was no good reason given for it. That was what bothered me. Either feelings on the issue of abortion can stay - or they can't. She said that NOTHING on the topic will be allowed to stay - and then left your strong comments on it.

I appreciate your removing it although I must say I think both points of view should have been allowed to stay.

I understand your point and I don't want to belabor the issue, but in all fairness to the moderators, my viewpoint was much more discreetly put than yours was and I think, due to the fact that I just made my stance "obvious" by the eek face and my strike two, it was making my opinion known without reference to murder, babies and the like. Add that to the entire theme of the post and the topic of abortion was not for the discussion.

Your post was much more heated and expressed in much more detail, the issue I only "referenced" albeit my opinion was expressed.

I think we should both put this to rest and call it a day on this topic.

Peace :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back