CA - Has anyone here heard of Brandon Hein?

Rob1977

Reaction score
This case was a major So. Cal. tragedy for everyone involved. Brandon Hein's story has been made into a documentary and also a short film. It is a heartbreaking case-- without question.

However, I am uncomfortable with the Felony Murder Law as applied to this particular case. I believe it would be an effective law, if used on a case-by-case basis.

If you've never heard about this case, I encourage you to read about it on the family website. Google it. There was major media coverage and if I have somehow missed a thread on this, please forgive me and reroute this thread.

http://brandonhein.com/

102 people have viewed this thread...what are your thoughts? Any??

It seems that the "drug dealer" made it out to look like he was a victim by saying they were there to rob him and the story was unfortunately believed. He must have thought this was going to save him, and because of his lie, it seems that the others are paying for it.

But it seems they were all there when the two guys were stabbed and then one dies. Wouldn't this make them accessories to the act, due to them being there?

The laws seem to be tricky and sometimes there can be loopholes.

What a tragedy, all the way around. This does sound like over prosecution, in my humble opinion.

just watched the doc "reckless indifference," and thought i should bump this up.

Just wanted to bump this thread to inform those who are interested that there was recently published a book about this tragic case.

The title is: "One Cut." It is written by Eve Porinchak.

Haven't read it yet myself, but just ordered it and very much looking forward to reading it.

Some news in this case.

Jason Holland's LWOP sentence has been commuted to 30 years to life. bluespaghetti.org | Not Your Average Blog

Micah Holland went before the parole board on March 13. He was, not surprisingly, denied and got a 7 year denial, meaning that his next hearing is scheduled for 2026.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back