New Boulder DA to Take a Fresh Look at the JonBenet Ramsey Case

Twoapennything

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
twoapennything.livejournal.com
Just read this at the Rocky Mountain News:

BOULDER — A new Boulder County district attorney plans to take a new look at one of the country's most high-profile cold cases — the slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey.

Incoming DA Stan Garnett said he'll decide what to do with the investigation in his first 30 days on the job, which he starts Jan. 13. His predecessor, Mary Lacy, publicly exonerated the Ramsey family this year in the Dec. 26, 1996, murder.

"I want to look very closely at the resources of the DA's Office and make a careful decision about what resources to continue to expend on the case," Garnett said.

He said he is thinking of sending the case back to the police.

Very interesting! Because of the ransom demand matching John Ramsey's bonus, I wonder if it the police, were they to reinvestigate, would turn their attention to John Ramsey's co-workers at the time, or other persons who might have knowledge of his finances.

Me too. What will be your thinking if even he and the police clear the Ramsey's?

Hard to say. To paraphrase Bruce Lee, let's see where the journey takes us.

Let me ask you this: what will your thinking be if the reverse occurs? (I know that some Ramsey-backers are already in defense mode.)

The term "new look" always scares me. Generally it means little will be done. I hope I'm wrong in seeing his statements as just an empty promise. I really believe the public and LE in Boulder never want to open this case again. I doubt they want to be the center of attention in the world of law and order again. Let's just wait and see.
jmo

Just read this at the Rocky Mountain News:

Very interesting! Because of the ransom demand matching John Ramsey's bonus, I wonder if it the police, were they to reinvestigate, would turn their attention to John Ramsey's co-workers at the time, or other persons who might have knowledge of his finances.

The keyword is "thinking of". I bet he does squat. He'll just babble about the DNA and say that there are more pressing crimes to spend the money on.
But I hope I'm wrong.

No matter how faint the hope, it is better than none at all. There are so many of us who care deeply for justice for this little girl.
When the new DA takes over, perhaps we can help bringing attention to the case, through sharing our thoughts on Websleuth.

Will not give up,
Mind Student

The words A New Look could be one of two ways..I truly hope for JonBenet Its the way I want it to be (lol and a zillion others!) that he really gets stuck into and opens every damn investigation back up open again....investigates every single nook and cranny...and exposes the killers wide open..
shame the person I think did it is dead....
If others are right and she is one of the killers then there is still time to get the other one

And BURY Them (so to speak - bad pun for one of them !)

I haven't been over here much since I joined Websleuths, more on the Caylee forums as an active poster...but as a reader, have been here for years. I live in NW CO and am still furious about the injustice in this case.

I hope you are right SuperDave...that the R supporters are stirred for good reason. I pray that they turn this over to the Police with a HUGE apology to them: POLICE!

What sickens me the most...is after all the books, all the information that is out there...NOW we get people stating that the Ramsey's were recently cleared...where on earth have they been the last decade? Earth to ?

I hope the Whites can finally one day soon, get their say...

I hope you are right SuperDave...that the R supporters are stirred for good reason.

I figure if it bothers them, it must be worth pursuing.

I pray that they turn this over to the Police with a HUGE apology to them: POLICE!

Oh, I thought you meant that the police should apologize!

What sickens me the most...is after all the books, all the information that is out there...NOW we get people stating that the Ramsey's were recently cleared...where on earth have they been the last decade? Earth to ?

Explaining that could take more time than some of us have!

That would be nice.

I haven't been over here much since I joined Websleuths, more on the Caylee forums as an active poster...but as a reader, have been here for years. I live in NW CO and am still furious about the injustice in this case.

I hope you are right SuperDave...that the R supporters are stirred for good reason. I pray that they turn this over to the Police with a HUGE apology to them: POLICE!

Not only do I pray that The Whites get their say, I pray they receive serenity again in this life-time. Hard to find someome more deserving.

New Boulder DA re-examining JonBenet Ramsey case
New Boulder DA re-examining JonBenet Ramsey case

CNN NEWS WIRE
Friday, January 16th 2009, 5:09 PM
The new district attorney of Boulder County, Colorado, said he plans to take a fresh look at the investigation surrounding the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.
The DA's office assumed responsibility for the investigation in 2002, Stan Garnett told CNN, but in his first 30 days in office, he wants to decide whether it should be returned to Boulder police.
"I'm trying to determine whether it's efficient to have the ongoing investigation handled by my office, or somebody else," said Garnett, who was sworn in as DA on January 13.
The DA's office is relatively small, he said, with 27 lawyers and six investigators handling between 2,000 and 2,500 felony cases a year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...enet_rams.html
amd_jb.jpg

This image made from an undated family video shows JonBenet Ramsey performing during a beauty pageant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back