Should Incest Allegations & Misappropriation of Funds be Allowed on the Main Forum?

Should We be Able to Discuss Incest & Misappropriation of Funds on the Main Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovering-Lurker

I'm Back and on My Best Behavior
Reaction score
These two subjects have been discussed and investigated at lengths on the WS forum, yet the threads are either put in the Parking Lot or removed completely. Why can't we discuss them on the main forum? I know the mods say that the Parking Lot is so much better for discussing these topics, because there is less mod intervention, but imo, not a lot of posters venture to the Parking Lot. I think in light of the recent interviews by LA's lawyer, these two subjects should be allowed in the main forum. Agree or disagree?

Imagine if you were accused of attempting to touch a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.

I think that anything to do with this case should be open for discussion! LP is the one who alluded to the 'baby daddy' DNA thing.

As for the misappropriation of donated funds, I think it should be allowed also. It has been stated in a FOX article that Lee used some of the funds in his own 'investigations'.

Sometimes the topic is not nice or pretty but is still mentioned in relation to a case!

This is my thought on the incest subject everyone wants to think that IF it took place that it had to have been done under some sort of force..And if a child is young that is normally the case but it is not always the case..For that reason and since it has been brought up on national tv. I think we should be able to discuss it I dont know if it took place or not but I think we should be able to discuss what it might mean to this case if anything..I also don't think it should be discussed in an accusatory way I feel the same way about the funds that have been collected.

The incest thing is just too vile of gossip to be on the main forum. The misappropriation of funds is a subject that leaves me split on the view... one has to be careful when pointing fingers at money issues.

Overall, though... we have to look to Tricia on how she wants these subjects handled... and respect what direction she points things in...

Imagine if you were accused of incest by a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.

There are so many threads on here that are based on what Casey or Cindy have said. I don't understand why the incest speculation is any different. :waitasec: Plus, imo, LE included the statements regarding Lee being sexually inappropriate with Casey from Tony and Jesse in the last doc dump for a reason. Again, jmo.

Now, the misappropriation of funds. Well, that was investigated or "sleuthed" extensively by several WSers, and now Lee's lawyer has actually addressed this to some extent. I have been and continue to think think that something is going on.

We should be allowed to discuss these things. We are able to discuss so many other things on here. We aren't posting copyrighted information or anything like that. I just don't get it. JMO. MOO. Don't ban me. :)

The incest thing is just too vile of gossip to be on the main forum. The misappropriation of funds is a subject that leaves me split on the view... one has to be careful when pointing fingers at money issues.

Overall, though... we have to look to Tricia on how she wants these subjects handled... and respect what direction she points things in...

Why do you consider the incest "thing" too vile, but yet we are talking about a mother who murdered who own toddler?

These two discussion items keep coming up, time and time again, so I think there is something to them.

Imagine if you were accused of attempting to touch a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.

Well, it is a fact that Casey told Tony that Lee had tried to touch her inappropriately. She had also stated (to Jesse??) that her Dad, George, had abused her in the past, but that could have been either verbal or physical.

The question for me is, what do we ignore or not talk about if it is mentioned in interviews or in an article?

A lot more time has been spent on the incest issue than would be expected, imo. :rolleyes: Most popular thread some days along with who is the baby-daddy thread.

No incest. Over the top.

My gut feeling is that there are valid reasons for the speculation of incest in this family and that it's not just unjustified character bashing. I think LP was party to far more of the evidence and actions of this family than we will ever know. Plus, that's not the kind of thing that's usually made up. I know from personal experience. Yes, Casey Anthony is a proven liar, but the victims of sexual abuse are the last ones to be believed. She could still have been abused, and she may not lie 100% of the time... JMO. Just because a topic isn't pretty doesn't mean discussion shouldn't be allowed on it. That's censorship to the extreme.

What is the difference in this forum and the Ramsey forum? Anything is admissable there; I've been on that forum regularly for nine years. Why is this one "different"?

My gut feeling is that there are valid reasons for the speculation of incest in this family and that it's not just unjustified character bashing. I think LP was party to far more of the evidence and actions of this family than we will ever know. Plus, that's not the kind of thing that's usually made up. I know from personal experience. Yes, Casey Anthony is a proven liar, but the victims of sexual abuse are the last ones to be believed. She could still have been abused, and she may not lie 100% of the time... JMO. Just because a topic isn't pretty doesn't mean discussion shouldn't be allowed on it. That's censorship to the extreme.

I have to agree with you, LinasK. (ooohhhh, I do not want to be banned!)

I feel we should wait in posting on incest charges until the subject is brought into play before or during trial. It seems to soon for discussion unless more staement arise alluding to incest of some sort. As far as the possible mishandeling of funds, I say go for it on these boards. The old saying, "Follow the money"

I'm neutral on the incest issue.
The misappropriation of the $$$ is one of MY favorite subjects!
Just ask JBean:waitasec:

Why do you consider the incest "thing" too vile, but yet we are talking about a mother who murdered who own toddler?

These two discussion items keep coming up, time and time again, so I think there is something to them.

The incest talk is nothing more than vile gossip... is how I see it... sorry.

(ETA: at this point and time... mind you, if charges are brought up, or LE officially makes it a part of the case, then I find no issue in discussing it.)

Casey told Jesse that Lee attempted to touch her once when she was in middle school. That is not, IMO, an adequate basis for rampant speculation and gossip as to whether Lee is the father of Caylee. An attempt to touch someone does not make them pregnant with a child to be born years later. Here's news - Casey has been known to lie.

LP's comments have no basis in fact at all and are irrelevant.

Just because a topic isn't pretty doesn't mean discussion shouldn't be allowed on it. That's censorship to the extreme.

What is the difference in this forum and the Ramsey forum? Anything is admissable there; I've been on that forum regularly for nine years. Why is this one "different"?

I have to agree with you, LinasK. (ooohhhh, I do not want to be banned!)

*some respectfully snipped*

I agree. I have tried to be such a good, rule-abiding poster, but sometimes, I just don't get "the rules." If posters keep bringing a certain subject up over and over again, based on documents released by LE and media interviews, and even "gut feelings," why can't we talk about it? There may be snarkiness, and arguments, but that happens on a lot of threads. Again, I say, I don't want to get banned.

my only fear is for the harmony of the forum. incest is a subject which naturally invokes very strong emotional reactions in people and it's in this volatile, effusive climate that arguments are most likely to erupt.

Casey told Jesse that Lee attempted to touch her once when she was in middle school. That is not, IMO, an adequate basis for rampant speculation and gossip as to whether Lee is the father of Caylee. An attempt to touch someone does not make them pregnant with a child to be born years later. Here's news - Casey has been known to lie.

LP's comments have no basis in fact at all and are irrelevant.

Actually, she told Tony that Lee attempted to touch her in junior high, and she told Cindy, but she didn't believe her. She told Jesse that she did not feel comfortable around Lee, because he had tried to pressure her into having sex with him. If we were allowed to have actual discussions about these things on the main forum, we could all get it right, imo.

Of course Casey is a known liar, but we discuss so many other things on here that she has said that are lies. Why can't we discuss this? Whether it be true or not, it deserves discussion and intellectual debate.

I know you don't like LP, but I think there was a reason he said that Lee could be the father. Again, JMO.

Honestly, I started to write a big long rant about the incest discussion last night...I absolutely think it should be confined to the parking lot, and I wish it wasn't even discussed there. Not because of the topic, but because there is no evidence to support it, and nobody posting on here would want to be treated the same way that LA has been treated...and the people who have managed to convince themselves that he is Caylee's father based on absolutely nothing really bother me....Yes, I know Casey said what she said to JG, but you can't have it both ways...you can't believe that everything else that comes out of her mouth is a lie, but this is suddenly true....it could be, but she said it happens in middle school, so even on the remote chance that she was truthful for one minute of her life, its at best very weakly relevant to this case, as there are many people who have suffered this type of trauma and don't go out and kill their babies. It doesn't go to motive, means, or opportunity, date of death, manner of death, etc....With so little relevance, and the real possibility of maligning a completely innocent person, I have a hard time understanding why people want so much to discuss it other than sensationalism....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77