Tickets to Grateful Dead concert found on Jason

Vask

Gumshoe
Reaction score
The Pennsylvania man could not recall anyone he sold any of the tickets to, not just JD.

JD bought his tickets from a Pennsylvania man who sold 20 tickets for the concert, and cannot recall selling any tickets to JD.

The show was two days, the 24th and 25th. Both tickets were dated the 25th? Maybe he had a date?
They were both STUBS as well, which means they were both used for admittance. Someone out there went with this guy, and possibly knows him well enough to ID him. I only say possibly because a lot of deadheads it seems will befriend each other like a family without getting too familiar.

They were both STUBS as well, which means they were both used for admittance. Someone out there went with this guy, and possibly knows him well enough to ID him. I only say possibly because a lot of deadheads it seems will befriend each other like a family without getting too familiar.

Fingerprints/DNA on the stubs? Sale date traceable to a ticket agent? hmmm?:waitasec:

Fingerprints/DNA on the stubs? Sale date traceable to a ticket agent? hmmm?:waitasec:

The tickets were purchased from a scalper. The scalper could not recall who he had sold the tickets to.

As far as fingerprints, Doe Network lists his prints as being available. So they presumably already have his prints, most likely they were taken from his body postmortem.

What about fingerprints on the tickets from other people? Like one or both of the Caroline's? That's why I asked previously if LE still have the tickets.

What about fingerprints on the tickets from other people? Like one or both of the Caroline's? That's why I asked previously if LE still have the tickets.

I wonder if they ever checked the note for prints, since presumably one or both girls handled it before it was passed on to "Jason".

JD bought his tickets from a Pennsylvania man who sold 20 tickets for the concert, and cannot recall selling any tickets to JD.

I wonder WHERE the scalper sold all his tickets, AT the concert Or in PA or ???

I wonder WHERE the scalper sold all his tickets, AT the concert Or in PA or ???

I believe that I read that the Pennsylvnia man brought the tickets with him to the concert. If this is true, we can assume he sold them outside the concert arena.

What if the Carolines gave Jason the ticket stubs with the note? Maybe Jason was never at the concert. Or maybe he couldn't get a ticket so he hung around outside the concert. There are so many maybes here. He has 2 ticket stubs but the car's driver really didn't know him and was not at the concert. So where did Jason's concert partner go? Or were they really Jason's ticket stubs?

Salem

The Grateful Dead played two nights at RFK. My impression was that the tickets were one each for both shows. He had a t-shirt from that tour, so it seems almost certain that Jason attended the shows.

To resolve the issue of where the scalper sold his 20 tickets, the Doe Network reports that the seller brought 20 tickets to the concert to sell.

What if the Carolines gave Jason the ticket stubs with the note? Maybe Jason was never at the concert. Or maybe he couldn't get a ticket so he hung around outside the concert. There are so many maybes here. He has 2 ticket stubs but the car's driver really didn't know him and was not at the concert. So where did Jason's concert partner go? Or were they really Jason's ticket stubs?

Salem
I've never bought the idea that Jason would be carrying stubs for tickets that he didn't use. That just seems so odd to me that someone would want ticket stubs after the fact for a concert he didn't attend. Jason wasn't even carrying ID and yet he had stubs he was taking home as a keepsake for a concert he didn't attend...

Fukiyama - I agree that it would be unusual to have ticket stubs to a concert or event you never attended. I do think we need to think outside the box here, though. It could be that the tickets were for 2 different shows - that would make sense. Otherwise, why have 2? Both used? And the other party is never to be found again? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. It seems if Jason had a date and he kept both ticket stubs (which wouldn't have been that unusual) the other party would have come forward by now in an attempt to reach Jason. Maybe they did look for him soon after the accident and well before so much info was posted on the web. It's hard, because we don't know where he came from.....

Salem

Since he had 2 tickets stubs for the same night and no money on him, I always felt he didn't attend the concert. Maybe just hanging out and picked up the stubs as a momento. I can see my son doing something like that.

Only problem with that thinking is both stubs came from the same guy in PA, so if Jason is not the person that used them, he would have had to gotten both stubs from the same person. Not just picked them up off the ground.

so many unanswered questions.

Does anyone know yet if the tix were from diff dates or the same? If not perhaps we could organize a way to figure that out? It would be great to see a pic of the actual tix or at the very least get some details.

Richard, who has investigated this case for years, wrote in post #90 on the original thread on Jan. 5, 2006: "The ticket stubs had been used and were for successive days of the RFK concert, June 24 and 25. It was believed by investigators that the unknown hitch hiker had attended both days of the concert and that he had bought the tickets from a scalper at the event."

Could Jason have received what older Grateful Dead fans refer to as a "Miracle Ticket"? A "miracle ticket" to older Grateful Dead fans means a free ticket to a show - usually obtained by pleading poverty. Do we know what condition Jason's pants and shoes were in? We know he had a fairly new, perhaps even from the 24th or 25th GD tshirt (from the 1995 summer tour). Maybe he wasn't wearing any shirt at all when he arrived at RFK Stadium and someone bought him the shirt?

Miracle Ticket

Could Jason have received what older Grateful Dead fans refer to as a "Miracle Ticket"? A "miracle ticket" to older Grateful Dead fans means a free ticket to a show - usually obtained by pleading poverty. Do we know what condition Jason's pants and shoes were in? We know he had a fairly new, perhaps even from the 24th or 25th GD tshirt (from the 1995 summer tour). Maybe he wasn't wearing any shirt at all when he arrived at RFK Stadium and someone bought him the shirt?
[/URL]

I guess this could be possible. It would make sense that he was down on his luck. He was only traveling with a dollar in quaters. Do we know how much the tickets for both shows would have cost him or how much his shirt would of been? I still think that it is weird that he had so little money on him and no Id or change of clothes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back