AL AL - Shannon Paulk, 11, Prattville, 16 August 2001

Me too, and another, Tabitha Tuders. Kind of a similar situation. :waitasec:

Shannon was a beautiful little girl. You know there was some speculation that when the killer of Carlie Brucia was arrested, that he might have been the man who killed Shannon...he was similar to the sketch of the man that was seen talking to Shannon the day she vanished...but I think they ruled that out. My own daughter is now almost 11 and we live about 75 miles from where Shannon lived. Very scary. I pray there is justice soon in this case!!

These stories were on FoxNews tonight. All they really said about them is they were suspected to be the work of an anniversary killer. They had a sketch of the guy with the mole under his right eye on the television also. I was living overseas when these abductions/murders happened so had not heard of them before.

LinetteH said:
These stories were on FoxNews tonight. All they really said about them is they were suspected to be the work of an anniversary killer. They had a sketch of the guy with the mole under his right eye on the television also. I was living overseas when these abductions/murders happened so had not heard of them before.[/QUOTE

SEEMS THAT I HAD HEARD OF A CHILD THAT WENT MISSING FROM A TRAILER PARK IN GEORGIA ALSO AND THAT CHILD WAS ALSO 11. I SAW THE TELEVISION SHOW THAT FEATURED HEAVEN AND THE OTHER CHILD FROM MONTGOMERY AND THE ONE FROM GEORGIA. THERE WAS SOME CONSTRUCTION GOING ON NEAR EACH LOCATION THAT THESE KIDS WENT MISSING, MY THEORY IS THAT THIS PERSON WAS ONE THAT TRAVELED WITH HIS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AND SAUGHT OUT TRAILER PARKS FOR RENTAL OF A PLACE TO STAY, KNOWING THAT THERE ARE SMALL CHILDREN THERE ALSO. SEEMS THAT I HEARD THAT A CAR WAS NOTICED IN ONE OF THOSE PLACES THAT THE 11 YR OLD WAS SEEN TALKING TO A UN KNOWN MAN, THE CAR WAS A WHITE FOUR DOOR CAR, MAYBE MID SIZED. I WONDER IF ANYONE AT THE LOCATION THAT HEAVEN WENT MISSING MIGHT REMEMBER IF THERE WAS A RENTAL TRAILER RENTED OUT TO SOMEONE WITH A WHITE CAR, THE MAN WAS DESCRIBED AS BEING A MUSCULAR TYPE WITH SUN TANNED ARMS, SOME WHAT OF A LARGE FELLOW. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS MAN THAT TOOK HEAVEN IS THE SAME ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING THE OTHER 11 YR OLD KIDS AS WELL.

After weeks of searching, Det. Robert Furlong of the Prattville, Ala. police department still had no new leads. Then, two months later, Det. Furlong got the call he had been dreading. Shannon's body had been found in the woods, discovered by rabbit hunters.

More info at link:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

FYI: If this case is housed on another thread, please forward to its correct location and accept my sincerest apologies for any mix-up.

CASE INFO:

On 16 August of 2001, Shannon Paulk was seen speaking to an unknown man in his late 30's to mid 40's (with a distinctive mole under his eye). The two girls who noticed this 'interaction', approached Shannon and spoke to her; Shannon didn't introduce the stranger to her friends, causing them to feel she didn't know the man well, if at all.

She was never seen again (alive) until the tragic news was announced that her body was found by hunters in a local wooded area. She was 11 years old, with her whole life ahead... Someone killed her and that person is still out roaming, hunting, ... looking for its next victim to prey upon.

CASE CONNECTIONS:

Of further interest, another 11 yr old girl named Heaven LaShae Ross from Northport Alabama disappeared on 19 August of 2003. Police found a body in an abandoned home and I believe the news reports concluded the body was that of Heaven LaShae Ross.

And ANOTHER 11 yr old girl, Teresa Dean disappeared on 15 August of 1999, this time in a suburb outside Macon, Georgia. (not Alabama this time)

Police involved in these three cases state that ALL 3 incidents have the following in common:

* 11 yrs old
* lived in trailer parks
* youngest daughter in respective families
* outgoing and social, "never met a stranger.."
* lived in suburbs outside larger cities (Montgomery, Birmingham, Atlanta)
* wilderness refuges nearby
* active construction sites nearby
* And probably the most puzzling and alarming similarity...
ALL 3 GIRLS DISAPPEARED WITHIN DAYS OF EACH OTHER, EXACTLY 2
YEARS APART!!

OTHER INFO:

An actress that portrays a member of a criminal investigation team on TV put forth a large financial reward for information leading to the arrest of Shannon's killer (and another case in Michigan), via "America's Most Wanted". It seems this actress has ties to Prattville, Alabama and it appears to explain the financial involvement.

More information found at- www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

It is my hope and prayer that these families might one day find justice for their little girls and closure for their hearts.

If anyone can solve these mysteries and bring the heartfelt fire of concern to these cold cases, it's the members of "Websleuths Crime Community" !!

Together in His service,
Mish:)

After weeks of searching, Det. Robert Furlong of the Prattville, Ala. police department still had no new leads. Then, two months later, Det. Furlong got the call he had been dreading. Shannon's body had been found in the woods, discovered by rabbit hunters.

More info at link:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

From link:

...After weeks of searching, Det. Robert Furlong of the Prattville, Ala. police department still had no new leads. Then, two months later, Det. Furlong got the call he had been dreading. Shannon's body had been found in the woods, discovered by rabbit hunters...

Shannon's murderer hasn't been found to date.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=12999966
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - It's been nine years since little Shannon Paulk was kidnapped from her Prattville area mobile home park. There are still no answers that can lead investigators to the person who left her body in a wooded area not far from her home.

Police released a rough sketch of a man seen with Shannon the day she disappeared. He was about 6 feet tall with a stocky build and extremely hairy, muscular arms. He had yellow, crooked teeth and a hump on the bridge of his nose (as if it had been broken).

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/333648/3/Columbia-IL-police-release-sketch-of-abduction-suspect
Columbia, Illinois police have released a composite sketch and updated description of a man they say tried to abduct a young boy.
He has brown hair cut in a short military style haircut and a "light" goatee. He also has a mole near his left nostril. (The mole reminded me of this guy, but I see the age is off and must prefer boys. Also, mole appears to be on opposite side. But, it is mid August like the three girls. Shannon, Heaven Ross and Teresa Dean.)

Does it list a cause of death anywhere ?

Everyone here in Prattville STILL remembers and we want justice for Shannon (and her family!)!

Praying the Cold Case Unit will find something everyone else missed!

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ect-shannon-paulk-case-not-credible/97946466/
Feb. 15, 2017 | Updated 3 hours ago
[h=1]Composite drawing of suspect in Shannon Paulk case not credible[/h]
attachment.php

PRATTVILLE-– For 15 years investigators in the Shannon Paulk case have been chasing a ghost.

“Would we have gone in another direction it we had known the composite wasn’t credible?” he said. “Of course we would have. There’s no way in knowing how this has affected the investigation.

“But I like to look on this as a turning point in the investigation. We can now move forward.”
For years stories about the case were usually printed or broadcast by the media with the composite. Leads came in and investigators checked every lead based on the drawing, Houston said.
“But we never got a viable suspect from the composite,” he said.
Houston is asking the public to contact the Prattville Police Department with any information about the case at 334 595-0244.
“If you have information, but you didn’t call based on the fact that the composite kept you from calling, we want to hear from you now,” he said. “We need to hear from you now.”

Attachments

• 636225896287335133-Murder-still-shakes-Alabama-town-LL9VRMG-x-large.jpg
    636225896287335133-Murder-still-shakes-Alabama-town-LL9VRMG-x-large.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 97
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ect-shannon-paulk-case-not-credible/97946466/
“For the last year the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s cold case unit has been looking into Shannon’s case, exclusively,” he said. “Just getting the mountain of evidence from all agencies that are working the case together in one place is an accomplishment in itself. Technology has improved so that evidence that was collected then, that couldn’t be tested for forensic evidence, can now be tested.

“I honestly feel that we have the best chance of solving this case now than we have had in the past 16 years.”
rbbm.

Still hoping and praying this case will someday be solved, providing Shannon's family some small measure of peace and closure. :sigh: :crossfingers: :prayer: :hug:

??:yesss:?? << one day...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back