GUILTY MT - Matthew Hatfield, 49, murdered, Butte, 28 Nov 2008

Noway

Montana
Reaction score
http://mtstandard.com/articles/2008/12/27/area/hjjbihhdhgfdge.txt

Butte man missing

Police suspect criminal activity
By John Grant Emeigh - 12/26/2008

Butte police suspect criminal activity in the disappearance of a 49-year-old man, an officer said Friday.

Matt Hatfield was last seen by his family on Nov. 29, according to Capt. Doug Conway. However, the family didn't report him missing to police until Tuesday.

Conway said investigators want to know if anyone has seen him.

"We're looking into this disappearance as possibly criminal," Conway said.

Police conducted a crime scene investigation at Hatfield's residence in the 400 block of Roosevelt Drive south of Butte. Conway wouldn't reveal details about the investigation.

Conway said Hatfield's mother owns the property on Roosevelt Drive, where Hatfield was living and caring for her at the time of his disappearance.

Police searched the property Tuesday and couldn't find Hatfield or his pickup truck. Investigators later discovered Hatfield's son had the missing man's blue 2005 Toyota, Conway said, but did not expound.

People with information are asked to contact Conway at 497-1123 or detective Ed Lester at 497-1171.

Reporter John Grant Emeigh may be reached via e-mail at john.emeigh@lee.net or by telephone, 496-5511.

Something seems really fishy here. 1 not reported missing for almost a month, second the son has his 2005 toyota, who was caring for his mother? And no one asked any questions or reported this sooner. I hope he is found and is o.k. but from what little is known that may not be the outcome.

Just have to comment on this one.

Many, many years ago I had a 25 yr old aunt who, after an argument with her father, left a note saying she was leaving home. Her mother received a few letters from her, then nothing. She was never seen again and was NEVER reported missing. It is not known what happened to her. I never knew her, only knew "of" her. My father said it would have been an embarrassment to the family if they had contacted LE.

Thank goodness times have changed.

Why isn't this in the missing forum? While it is bizarre...it is a missing persons case.

I couldn't help myself. Its probably my one bit of *meaness* that I have had about her !

Just have to comment on this one.

Many, many years ago I had a 25 yr old aunt who, after an argument with her father, left a note saying she was leaving home. Her mother received a few letters from her, then nothing. She was never seen again and was NEVER reported missing. It is not known what happened to her. I never knew her, only knew "of" her. My father said it would have been an embarrassment to the family if they had contacted LE.

Thank goodness times have changed.

Trino this happened in my family as well. Back in the early 60's my fathers cousin married a man that her family did not approve of. They didn't care for his "skin color" and her father told her he wanted no contact with her. No one ever heard from her again. In the late 1990's my father and another cousin found her still happily married to the same man with 4 wonderful children. I can tell you that just knowing there is a family member out there and you don't know where they are is a horrible feeling.

Trino, and Sleuthin, i can relate to both of your stories; a family friend of my mother's had a daughter who left at 16 years old. Her family hadn't heard from her for almost 2 decades; thankfully they had a peaceful reunion a few years ago.

In this case featured, i think it odd that the son has the father's pick up truck 2005 Toyota. That is odd and makes me wonder about foul play; i am wondering if the truck was the only vehicle for transportation the father owned..

Still can't find a picture released of this man.

Still can't find a picture released of this man.

That's weird they have no picture.. i found a picture of a cabin searched:
http://mtstandard.com/articles/2008/12/30/area/hjjbihgjjjjfgg.txt

"The disappearance of a man is "very suspicious" after investigators spent three days searching and collecting evidence from his family's Roosevelt Drive property, south of Butte.

Local police on Monday continued their probe into missing person Matt Hatfield, 49, who was last seen about a month ago."

http://www.kbzk.com/news/evidence-proves-butte-man-reported-missing-5-years-ago-was-murdered-by-son/

Despite not finding Matt Hatfield's body, the Sheriff said they believe his son killed him.

Sheriff Lester said, "Through evidence that was recovered at the scene as well as additional items that were sent to the crime lab we now forensically can show that Matt had been, is deceased and we can also prove that Adam Hatfield purposely caused the death of his father."

Adam Hatfield was arrested in Hot Springs, South Dakota, on Wednesday and faces a felony deliberate homicide charge in Butte.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back