2008.12.31 Starting new threads and Other Info PLEASE READ

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Please, please search for topics before posting a new thread. as you know we have hundreds and hundreds of threads in here. When the trial starts it will make it easier to find the information we want.

1. Please make sure the titles are clear as to the topic and content of the thread. If a thread is called

What the Heck?

How are we going to do a search on that in the future to find information or to determine if a thread has already been started on a topic? There is no clue what the topic is from the title. That makes it difficult to search for a topic before starting a new thread too.

2. Search a keyword in the topic you want to start and see what posts come up. then refine your search, look at titles and/or scan posts. It really only takes a second and saves all of us a lot of time.

3. When a post starts with:
"Mods, please feel free to merge this thread", i read that as
I didn't look , but I know you will so I am just going to start this thread anyway. LOL, I know that is not always the case, but many times it is.
Please search. Mistakes happen and we are happy to help, but generally and overall do the best you can. I often see threads with identical titles to the previous thread on the topic!

4. If a thread is merged in error, which absolutely happens, just pop us a note and explain. We are human we make mistakes and are happy to fix it WHEN WE CAN. Threads cannot be de-merged, but I can hand pick out the posts that were merged and make a new thread for the one merged in error. There are several moderators working in this forum at any given moment, so any of us can help when we are here. BUT WE ARE NOT ALWAYS HERE, so sometimes you just have to be patient.

5. Don't be offended if your thread is merged. Sometimes you just won't be able to find the topic due to #1 or other reasons.

6.. We do not read every post in the forum. PLEASE alert to posts that violate and do not quote them.

Happy New Year and thanks for making this a great forum!

Bump.
Sorry, JBean, but you were approaching the bottom of the page.

If you have a new thought or but aren't sure if it should have it's own thread, throw it out there in the random idea thread. If people grab onto it and it seems like there could be discussion, then start a thread.
Random Thoughts and Ideas thread

If you just have a general question, please use the Questions for Websleuthers thread rather than starting a whole new thread.
Case Question and Answer Thread
Please make a point of stopping into the questions thread so you can answer some of them for other members.

If you just want to unload something that is making you NUTZ about this case, please use the Rant thread for that. This isn't a discussion thread, more just to unload ABOUT THE CASE:
Rant ABOUT THE CASE NOT ABOUT OTHER POSTERS OR THE MODERATORS thread

Don't forget that official docs and doc dumps , audio, timeline discussion, case calendar and cell ping maps are all located in the sticky forum. There is a LOT of hard work going on up there.:
Timeline -Cell Pings-Official Documents and Audio thread

Please keep all timeline discussion in the sticky forum linked above. There is so much timeline work done up there it is such a bummer to start it again over and over with new threads in the main forum. please check out all the work that has been done and throw in your informatio

THANKS MODS for giving us a forum like this and keeping us in line. This is the friendlyist, most civil, and organized forum I've seen.

bumpity bump

I just wanted to say hi to you JBean and let you know I really admire your hard dedication to everything you do on here. When I first started here I just scrolled through different topics and found the one concerning Tybee. I could tell by your posts what a close friend you were to her and how heartbroken you felt by her passing. I loved her post about finding out after so many years of being married that she really wasn't. I laughed at her making a joke of it instead of becoming angry. I see that same wit in you. I find a lot of information when I read your posts and most of the time they answer any questions I have before I even have to ask. It seems you dedicate your time to helping everyone here who needs help and are even nice enough to comment on a post that you find informative. I hope that maybe someday we can become friends, I love your sense of humor and I find it nice that you can even be firm when needed to keep us kids in line when need be. I hope you have a very nice New Year and please, just bop me on the head when I need it. :clap: Judi

THANKS MODS for giving us a forum like this and keeping us in line. This is the friendlyist, most civil, and organized forum I've seen.
Thank you crafti Happy new year/
I just wanted to say hi to you JBean and let you know I really admire your hard dedication to everything you do on here. When I first started here I just scrolled through different topics and found the one concerning Tybee. I could tell by your posts what a close friend you were to her and how heartbroken you felt by her passing. I loved her post about finding out after so many years of being married that she really wasn't. I laughed at her making a joke of it instead of becoming angry. I see that same wit in you. I find a lot of information when I read your posts and most of the time they answer any questions I have before I even have to ask. It seems you dedicate your time to helping everyone here who needs help and are even nice enough to comment on a post that you find informative. I hope that maybe someday we can become friends, I love your sense of humor and I find it nice that you can even be firm when needed to keep us kids in line when need be. I hope you have a very nice New Year and please, just bop me on the head when I need it. :clap: Judi
Well, I think you are my new best friend. LOL. Seriously, what a nice way to start the new year. Thank you for such a warm post. Yes, TYbee was a real character full of wit. But oh man,there would be nights that all us posters would be clowning around and bickering on the threads and we knew when Tybee came home and saw the trouble we had caused there would be heck to pay! God Bless Tybee and I know she is resting in peace.

Happy New Year:blowkiss:

Thank you crafti Happy new year/

Well, I think you are my new best friend. LOL. Seriously, what a nice way to start the new year. Thank you for such a warm post. Yes, TYbee was a real character full of wit. But oh man,there would be nights that all us posters would be clowning around and bickering on the threads and we knew when Tybee came home and saw the trouble we had caused there would be heck to pay! God Bless Tybee and I know she is resting in peace.

Happy New Year
:blowkiss:

Awww Happy New Year to you JBeam LOL ummmm I mean JBean ;) heh heh

You have been great ! I know I'm a chronic starter ;) and you have always been so polite about it all ...Thankyou x :blowkiss:

Question (searched and couldn't find). What are the membership requirements for posting a new thread?

bumpity bump for thread searching!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back