Anthony's Deceptions and Seeking Full Immunity#3 Poll Added

Would the GP's be totally candid and truthful if provided full immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 47 7.2%
  • No

Votes: 518 79.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 84 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Thread #1

Thread #2

Continue here.

UPDATED ARTICLE 12-30-2008

Caylee Anthony story: WESH reports that George and Cindy Anthony won't help prosecution without immunity

<snipped>
But at 6 p.m. WESH-Channel 2 then turned to the Caylee Anthony saga. Bob Kealing reported that the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony says they will cooperate in daughter Casey's prosecution -- "only if their words aren't used against them."

Attorney Brad Conway told Kealing, "We've discussed immunity, and I won't put them in a room until I get it."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...televisio.html

I do not believe the GP's are capable of adopting the attitude 'its all about Caylee' when it concerns justice. So far 'its all about Casey' and protecting the family's image.

We tell our children at this age to tell the truth regardless of the consequences and I am sure the family has asked this of Caylee many times. Her family even when it involves the death of their own child wants the truth to be conditional of them not having to face the consequences of their actions. Yet, they have asked the same of Caylee many times.

The unconditional truth would have shown some token of love and respect for this poor child and would brought about some closure and forgiveness. It would have shown others, as they have asked Caylee to tell the truth and face the consequences ... they are willing to do the same for her.

In the end, Caylee has given so much more to her family (the truth) then what they are willing to give to her.

What do you think?

Would the GP's be totally candid and truthful if provided full immunity?

I voted not sure, because usually once a continually a liar always a liar. But I believe if given FULL immunity they must tell the truth or the agreement is NULL and VOID.

I do not believe they would be candid regardless of the consequences. They have been in spin mode for so long, I'm not sure if they would even know what it means to be candid if it jumped up and bit them. I voted NO.

They are incapable of telling the truth. Whether it be a blatant lie or by omission, they will never share the whole story in the interest of justice for Caylee if it means they have to help send Casey to prison.

I think that CA has pegged in her head that Casey may get the Death Sentence. So, even if they may know what happened. They really cant say either because they know dont know how much of it to believe.
Not taking up for the A's. But I dont think they have any involvement in Caylees Murder.
I think as Parents they want to try and protect their own daughter. YES!!
But I still think at the same time, they do want justice for Caylee.

**Let me throw out a Question to other WEBSLEUTHERS
?? WHAT would you do if you were in there shoes, if your grandaughter was murder and your daughter was the only suspect.

Me, I would mad as crap because she keeps spinning all these lies, I would take her and try and tell her she has to tell the truth, the lies in the end will hurt her worse. If she is protecting someone else then she needs to come clean.
If she did do it and it was accidental then her getting the Death Penalty would be less likely, but if she did do something to harm the child. THEN WHY!!

I voted yes because I think that CA and GA have lost the one thing that wanted back so desperately, and that is Caylee. If it were my daughter I would support her, but I would want only the truth at this point. I think during the jailhouse videos they were trying to get to the truth. KC fed them lies and avoided tough questions just to get their alliance. Yes, as parents and grandparents they lached on to anything that would keep the hope that their granddaughter was still alive and would be found. Now that she has been found they have lost that hope.

My heart goes out to them. I hope that they can find internal peace and strength to handle the truth. It will all come out, that is what our justice system is about. I have faith in LE and they have facts that we are not privy to yet.

I think everyone should be after the truth. It sickens me with all the spins and doubt that Baez and company is trying to portray. I know that he is her defense attorney and that is what he is supposed to do, but it is not about the truth. IMO

The way I look at is like this; would you choose to lose your grandaughter or your daughter? Then would you choose to also lose your daughter? It's a decision no parent would ever want to make.

I think the Anthonys are seriously grieving for Caylee. It has finally hit them that she's dead. Gone. Casey KILLED her.

They've already lost one 'daughter', I have no doubt they're clinging on to everything to save another.

At the end of the day though, I don't exactly see where they have lied so badly they've obstructed the case. I don't believe they knew when or where Casey killed Caylee. I don't believe they knew where the body was. I don't believe they knew that Zanny wasn't real. Cindy has seemed pretty truthful in her LE interviews, yes she spins and plays on words, but she hasn't really withheld anything that is that imperative. I don't think they have any involvement in this case except for being grandparents suffering the loss of their grandchild, should they be offered immunity, I think we'll find that some things they tell are pretty insignificant.

I voted no. I believe "totally candid and truthful" and the Anthonys are strangers. It will always be their version of the truth. However CA sees it that day. JMO

I voted no. They closed ranks from the onset. They may want to come forward on one or two items now, to save their behinds, but when it counted, when they needed to be honest, they chose to obfuscate and mislead.

CA acted delusional, destroying evidence. GA played ""I'm with you guys" to whomever he spoke with, all the while this ex-homicide cop destroyed evidence. LA, I believe destroyed evidence.

They pointed so many fingers, I'm suprised someone didn't have an eye put out.
Having said that, it will be interesting to see them try.

We tell our children at this age to tell the truth regardless of the consequences and I am sure the family has asked this of Caylee many times. Her family even when it involves the death of their own child wants the truth to be conditional of them not having to face the consequences of their actions. Yet, they have asked the same of Caylee many times.

The unconditional truth would have shown some token of love and respect for this poor child and would brought about some closure and forgiveness. It would have shown others, as they have asked Caylee to tell the truth and face the consequences ... they are willing to do the same for her.

In the end, Caylee has given so much more to her family (the truth) then what they are willing to give to her.

The family seeks to protect their image yet they fail to realize that by them telling the truth would bring about some dignity.

I personally think that they will tell the truth. There seems to be a list of priorities in this family. They were not as truthfull obviously as they should have been to help Caylee, but I think they would be to save themselves.

When I am in dout, I always read the astrology thread as well. Last night, I read a post that made me believe that Caylee's heart and soul and goodness will prevail through Cindy and George. (Least, this is the way I read into it)

If you take what the As have said, primarily to LE & FBI, but also in news reports, and you put it all together, it appears the entire family has always functioned in this dynamic where lying and hiding things from each other is a basic and important part of their foundation. There's some evidence in the email exchanges that this extends into Cindy's family (brother, mother, aunt).

They all seem to have no sense that there is anything at all wrong with lying, instead viewing it as not only okay, but a very important part of the way of getting through life.

Along with this we've seen both a lack of respect for other people, an overstepping of those boundaries, and a lack of regard for the law. (Lee and the dog lady, George ordering people off public property and throwing items that belong to others without regard for possible damage, George and Cindy lying to LE and FBI)

Lee is young enough to change with long-term therapy. George and Cindy are old enough to have little to no chance of changing even with long-term therapy.

Telling the truth for them would require really strong motivation. Sadly, none of them have displayed any signs at all that justice for the victim, their grandchild/niece, or generally 'doing the right thing', is a motivator for them, and that is the motivator for telling the truth and being open in any criminal investigation. (This is the primary motivator for the people who have been interviewed by LE in this case if you think about it.)

George and Lee fear Cindy, and they do what she tells them to do. Cindy's motivator is preservation in her mind of her self-image as a good mother. She's completely desperate in this pursuit. It consumes her. She goes to dramatic extremes with it (Casey's very obvious pregnancy at brother's wedding and Cindy saying not only was Casey not pregnant, she hadn't even had sex!!) The last we heard from Cindy was on LKL the night before Caylee's remains were found. We watched Cindy over months straying farther and farther from the truth, culminating in what we saw on that LKL show. It was shocking, and she showed no embarrassment, no hesitation - she was deeply immersed in her extensive web of lies and self-deception. We saw her defiantly, aggressively defending it.

Fear of being charged, arrested, convicted, going to jail, haven't worked all along as motivators for the As. I can't think of a reason why any of those would suddenly start working as motivators now, and immunity doesn't take them away completely anyway.

Put it all together, and no, immunity won't give these people what they need to tell the truth and to be open.

MOO

Sorry for being long-winded. I was thinking out loud. The topic of *can* Cindy, and therefore George and Lee, be open, and tell the truth, is of great interest to me. I want Caylee's story to be told. I want to know what happened to her. It is really all that's left we can do for Caylee, and she deserves that. Justice will come from Caylee's story being told. Casey will never tell Caylee's story - only George and Cindy and Lee can. I want them to, I just don't think they will.

I don't think they will either, BeanE. That was an excellent post.

I voted no. I believe "totally candid and truthful" and the Anthonys are strangers. It will always be their version of the truth. However CA sees it that day. JMO

Simply stated and I agree but would really like to be proved wrong; as another poster said, Caylee's story needs to be told but the totally truthful version I sadly doubt will ever be.

as far as GA, i keep having mixed feelings on him. he was the only one who was truthful (only to) investigators. and he did testify against casey at the grand jury jearing. but the fact that he lies right along with CA to the media and everyone else makes me mad. i think he is so terrified of cindy and that's why. so i hope that he does tell the truth from this point on.

No. I don't believe they have any desire to tell the truth. The are just interested in saving their own butts. They will use the immunity deal to cover their past lies as they attempt to present a new, improved story before the trial begins.

Simple answer as far as I am concerned:NO.
And even if they tried I wouldn't believe what comes out of their mouths anymore.Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member