Whats wrong with the margins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charo

Reaction score
Is anyone elses margins on each side of the forum page all wavy or is my computer box going?

I think it may be your computer. These pages are clear as a bell on mine.

Is anyone elses margins on each side of the forum page all wavy or is my computer box going?

I was having this problem last night. I rebooted my computer and when I came back to this site everything was fine.

o boy- the margins are so wavy for me- especially the right side facing the screen that the waves are riding into the private message area so I cant even PM a mod to ask- thats why I had to put a thread up and ask

My margins are ok but last night something was funky. I would try to post and it would say sorry, try again in 30 seconds which I did and then hours later I found all these double postings I had done??? I also coundn't get in to the NG thread so I just logged off. I hope the mods don't thing I was double posting on purpose.

HTML doesn't create waves on the screen. I won't get into all the details but with any display issues, unless everyone is having the problem it means the pages being sent as a response from the server are fine. It sounds as though you video card may be going out or your monitor.

I dont have a computer- I have a MSN tv box- the margin didnt wave until that large picture on page 37 came through on the thread titled "crime scene photos" and then others said something about it so i thought it was just that one page and when I went to other threads and the main page, the same thing is happeneing to me- I feel like a drunken sailor here looking at the pages- I have complete curves on the right hand side margin of all pages- how wierd- no clue

I just went to other sites and my email and theres no waves- its just on the this forum for me- maybe its just too much info for this box- who knows- I sure hope not- I would go nuts not being able to read some of the posts= LOL- this is my "life" now- hehe

I am just checking in from the hospital. :) we have had an onoing problem with posters posting pictures and screenshots and they have been blowing the margins in some threads. FWIW

In general, the formatting of the forum does appear different, larger since the New Year's Day changes. I noticed it immediately.

For me the left margin is very, very narrow. I used to rest my cursor there while browsing threads so I didn't have to look at all the previews of the posts. There's no room now on the left for even my cursor. Otherwise everything is fine.

I am just checking in from the hospital. :) we have had an onoing problem with posters posting pictures and screenshots and they have been blowing the margins in some threads. FWIW

Hospital? Did I miss something?

For me the left margin is very, very narrow. I used to rest my cursor there while browsing threads so I didn't have to look at all the previews of the posts. There's no room now on the left for even my cursor. Otherwise everything is fine.
Actually, that's what I was trying to say- the post boxes have expanded so much, that there is no margin now.

Hope everything is going to be okay.

Sometimes when I first log in the margin on the right seems large as it is loading but then snaps into place when loaded.

Add another one, click on Search or Quick links and nothing happens. New posts work however. :)

There is no margin on the left for me. I have very large Screens. The whole board is right up against the left side - no spaces

The right side just has the space to arrow up and down the page

Is there meant to be margins ?

My gripe is (I'm joking). What's going on every night about 1 am (ET) the site freezes up. I can't post, change pages, everything just seems stop working. Lasts for 15 to 25 minutes.

Just started working again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member