KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Adam went missing in 1999. His family not only did not notify authorities that he was missing, they told family members they gave him back to the state. LE is going to have a presser about the case on Monday morning. After breaking up a concrete shed floor and digging, LE says their biggest question was answered, but would not elaborate.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=9605675

(snips)
The sheriff will host a news conference regarding the case on Monday morning at ten o'clock.

Adam Herrman lived in Towanda with his adoptive parents and other siblings. The last time anyone remembers seeing 11-year-old Adam was in 1999.

Ok, I can see the writing on the wall. Broadfoot is Adam's older biological sister who had shortly lived with these adoptive parents before she was adopted by another family. Adam's biological dad was contacted by detectives telling him his son had been missing since 1999.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/963783.html

(snips)
Also Saturday, the boy’s biological parents and sister said detectives had asked them for DNA samples, to be compared with any evidence investigators find of him.

Over the years, she said, she called the adoptive mother to ask how he was doing.
At first, Broadfoot said, the adoptive mother said Adam was OK. But about three years ago, she said, the woman asked her not to call again because she didn’t want Adam and two younger siblings to know they were adopted.

Adam went missing in 1999. His family not only did not notify authorities that he was missing, they told family members they gave him back to the state. LE is going to have a presser about the case on Monday morning. After breaking up a concrete shed floor and digging, LE says their biggest question was answered, but would not elaborate.
This is What I blog about. If this is what I think

http://www.kansas.com/196/story/651004.html

(snip)
Broadfoot said investigators planned to collect a DNA sample from her Monday or Tuesday.
The investigators said they also plan to release Adam's picture to the media Monday, Broadfoot said.
"They thought that maybe it would help somebody to recognize him... that somebody would step up and say something," she said.
Investigators have not disclosed any pictures of Adam or his name or his adoptive parents' names.
Butler County Sheriff Craig Murphy has scheduled a news conference for 10 a.m. Monday at the sheriff's offices in El Dorado.

Investigators with the Butler County Sheriff's office searched the Pine Ridge mobile home park south of Towanda Wednesday. Sheriff Craig Murphy said the lot they focused on used to have a mobile home where the boy lived with his parents. It is an empty lot now.

Adam's adoptive mother tells KAKE News he joined their family before he was three years old and he was one of three adopted children. She claims he suffered from mental problems and had a history of running away. The family moved away from the Butler County park in December of 1999 when she lost her job as park manager. Adam was never reported missing by his family.

The sheriff's department is holding a news conference at 10 a.m. Monday. Murphy said they've been working on the case for about three weeks, but wouldn't say what caused them to open the case or whether or not they believe the person they are looking for is alive or not.

Investigators said they did find a piece of information on the lot as they searched Wednesday that gave them some answers, but they would not say what they found.

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/36941494.html

Unbelievable. Did the state never check on these people? I would think if the child was adopted at 3, the state would be more involved because of increased risk for emotional problems. How can an 11 yo be missing for 10 years and NOBODY notices or cares????

I wonder who finally decided something weird was going on and why now.

And this has got to be the quote of the century (from his bio mom, not relevant to the fact that he went missing 7 years later, but astounding nonetheless:)

"“I had been a little bit not exactly a good parent,” she said..."
(Italics mine.)

LE still not going to answer what questioned was answered

There are many things that could have happened. LE says case will go nationwide, which is what they want. No evidence of Adam's whereabouts after 1999. Asking anyone back in 1999 may have seen something, know something, may have seen something not right, contact LE.

Working case as missing persons, has no strong feelings whether case is missing person or death.

He's reading blogs and following them. Blogs have same questions he does, why did it take ten years to report him missing.

Doesn't believe Adam was school, thinking maybe homeschooled.

This is outrageous!!

Eisenbise, attorney for the adoptive parents, said re the adoptive parents:

"They assumed that he was somewhere -- either a homeless person or back with members of his family," Eisenbise said.
"He had never contacted them. They assumed that he was OK."
Court records show that as late as 2003 -- about four years after Adam might have gone missing -- his adoptive parents listed him in their divorce case, later dismissed."
http://www.kansas.com/196/story/651004.html

Such a load of BS. They were in contact with the bio family and then asked them to stop calling.

Does anyone want to guess on what the big question is that was answered? One obvious one would be is he dead or alive? No ME was at the search site that I've heard, and although LE says they aren't ready to say what the answer was, they say they have no proof he is dead or alive.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/37072739.html

(snip)
Broadfoot said she’s contacted the Herrmans a couple of times in the last five years to check up on her siblings. She said the first time she called she was told everyone was well and Adam was getting ready for his driving exam.
"She made it sound like everything was fine," said Broadfoot.
She said she called again a few months ago and was angrily told to never bother the family again.

I'm thinking Broadfoot tried to find Adam on her own after the family blew her off. He would be 21 now after all. I'm also thinking she's the tipster that got this investigation going.

There are no excuses for not reporting him missing for 10 years! Poor kid he is in my thoughts and prayers. May he be found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back