P.I. Says He Videotaped Area Where Caylee Was Later Found #3 (Including Presser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the merge, then close and new thread all in a row .... at least we have a clean slate to work with. :woohoo:

I was reading up on concealment of evidence- the laws are varied, but its generally agreed that if a state has a law against concealment of evidence, that trumps attorney-client privilege if the attorney KNOWS and is protecting some sort of evidence. The defense would have to turn over the evidence to the prosecution, but wouldn't necessarily have to tell them how he found out about it - you can keep your client's secrets, you cannot commit a crime.

Here's a good article on it - it uses Maine law, but includes a lot of federal law. And except for California (which has very very strict attorney-client privilege laws), most states are the same. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mebaroverseers.org/Ethics%20Opinions/Opinion%2060.htm

IF someone on the defense KNEW where that body was, they had an obligation to inform LE. Its concealment of evidence and obstruction of justice by the attorney. If the attorney really doesn't know - and most good defense attorneys will say ("don't tell me anything that i will have to turn over to the police if you don't want me to have to do that").

Uh oh... maybe the new charges won't be for GA or CA, but for JB! And if it was DC acting independantly (over heard something, etc.) JB just dug himself a grave saying that DC was IN HIS EMPLOYMENT -> that means JB will be held liable thru respondeat superior (where employers are held liable for the crimes of their employees if within the scope of employment)... egad!

No press conference today. :chicken:

I'm guessing they tested it with a focus group and it didn't stand up very well and so they are going back to rewrite it. :rolleyes:

Lawyered up,maybe? Lawyer said NO NO!?

I'm guessing they tested it with a focus group and it didn't stand up very well and so they are going back to rewrite it. :rolleyes:

(I thought they were making sure that they had plenty of time to get through on JB's newest tip line.)

Someday someone is going to call a press conference and no one is going to show up. But I had been wondering how, if Hoover had been unreachable, and how, if Casey was so all fired angry at him, and how, if OCSO was wanting to talk to Hoover, at just how this presser was going to happen.

In this case, then JB will need a good lawyer, he's such a loser!!

I was reading up on concealment of evidence- the laws are varied, but its generally agreed that if a state has a law against concealment of evidence, that trumps attorney-client privilege if the attorney KNOWS and is protecting some sort of evidence. The defense would have to turn over the evidence to the prosecution, but wouldn't necessarily have to tell them how he found out about it - you can keep your client's secrets, you cannot commit a crime.

Here's a good article on it - it uses Maine law, but includes a lot of federal law. And except for California (which has very very strict attorney-client privilege laws), most states are the same. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mebaroverseers.org/Ethics%20Opinions/Opinion%2060.htm

IF someone on the defense KNEW where that body was, they had an obligation to inform LE. Its concealment of evidence and obstruction of justice by the attorney. If the attorney really doesn't know - and most good defense attorneys will say ("don't tell me anything that i will have to turn over to the police if you don't want me to have to do that").

Uh oh... maybe the new charges won't be for GA or CA, but for JB! And if it was DC acting independantly (over heard something, etc.) JB just dug himself a grave saying that DC was IN HIS EMPLOYMENT -> that means JB will be held liable thru respondeat superior (where employers are held liable for the crimes of their employees if within the scope of employment)... egad!

This may be a dumb question, but if it were to be found out that DC was indeed working for JB, could DC claim he was working as an independent contractor and would that make any difference in JB being held liable?

If the case ends without him being disbarred I'll be so surprised I'll pass out.

I would be interested to see who he has represented in the past and how they faired...I was going to say how they made out, but I didn't want to go there. Has DC worked for JB before that we know if?

No presser... I predicted that this morning. Again, WFTV is not naming its source. Didn't name the source for the announcement of the presser either, did they? Bad journalism... unreliable source.

I would be interested to see who he has represented in the past and how they faired...I was going to say how they made out, but I didn't want to go there. Has DC worked for JB before that we know if?
Since JB hasn't had a handful of cases that I am aware of...hard to tell.

No presser... I predicted that this morning. Again, WFTV is not naming its source. Didn't name the source for the announcement of the presser either, did they? Bad journalism... unreliable source.
I don't think you can say that exactly since DC and the A fam camp pulled this same thing a few weeks ago. They touted a presser for a week daily and then at the last minute pulled it. It appears to be a pattern of sorts on their part. The last one was when DC was supposed to have a huge announcement concerning a Caylee sighting, IIRC.

Someday someone is going to call a press conference and no one is going to show up. But I had been wondering how, if Hoover had been unreachable, and how, if Casey was so all fired angry at him, and how, if OCSO was wanting to talk to Hoover, at just how this presser was going to happen.
I would love to see that, but then...if it happened...no one would be there to show it to me. ;)

I think JH should hold one in spite of DC. Would serve them all right!

Lately, i am begining to think that a lot of these releases that are aborted are trial balloons by the 'KC is Innocent' tribe. The A's are having a presser...oops! no they're not. They are asking for donations for a funeral. ..oops! no they're not.Baez demands the crime scene...oops no he doesn't need it...the PI's are doing a presser...oops! it's cancelled too. Maybe they read WS. Can't you see JB? LOL! I'll make a decision soon, just let me look at one more thread...well, maybe two more.:)

I don't think you can say that exactly since DC and the A fam camp pulled this same thing a few weeks ago. They touted a presser for a week daily and then at the last minute pulled it. It appears to be a pattern of sorts on their part. The last one was when DC was supposed to have a huge announcement concerning a Caylee sighting, IIRC.

If the A's and DC were the source of the planned presser a few weeks ago and they called it off or never held it, then that's not bad journalism. But this latest mention of a presser comes from an unknown source, and now it's not happening. Hypothetically, the TV station could have just made it up! I don't think they did, just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme