GUILTY MO - Camille Denis, 4, beaten to death, Cabool, 22 Nov 2008

Kathee

Reaction score
Stepfather Charged With Child Abuse Resulting In Death:

A Texas County man has been is facing criminal charges related to his stepdaughter death in November.

Daniel Dale Lamborn, 24, was charged on December 30th with child abuse resulting in death in connection with his 4 year-old stepdaughters death in November following an investigation by the Missouri Department of Social Services and the Texas County Child Welfare Board.

Lamborn is being held in the Texas County jail on $100,000 bond.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/

Thank God they caught him, i hope he gets life!

Daniel Dale Lamborn pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter on 04/26/2010. He is scheduled for sentencing on 07/08/2010. Below is an interesting blurb from his court docket, which seems to reference a prior child fatality:

DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE ALL EVIDENCE OF, AND REFERENCES TO, A PRIOR CHILD FATALITY IS SUSTAINED AS TO THE STATE'S CASE IN CHIEF. S/ MICHAEL ANDERSON - PROSECUTOR S/ BRIAN WOOLLEY - ATTORNEY FOR DEFENDANT SO ORDERED. S/ JUDGE MARY W. SHEFFIELD

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

wow. So the motion was granted (sustained). It looks as if he pled guilty and goes straight to sentencing phase (no trial) so I wonder what was the point of the motion in limine? If there is not a trial there is not a jury and no one to hide this prior fatality info from?

TY for the update Belinda but man this one is confusing.

This motion took place during pre-trial manuevering, before the plea.

gottcha. Very disturbing that this is the 2ND child's death he has been associated with.

I haven't yet, but plan to see if I can dig up any information on this other child death. It really disturbs me. Maybe it was just a tenuous connection, not a primary one. Still, it is cause for concern as we don't know what his sentence will be yet and that is going to be withheld from consideration.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back