NBC Bans Ann Coulter for Life

DuchessJules22

Keyboard Sleuther
Reaction score
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashacn.htm

The nation's top selling conservative author has been banned from appearing on NBC, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Banned for life!

"We are just not going to have her on any more, it's over," a top network source explains.

NBC's TODAY show abruptly cut Ann Coulter from its planned Tuesday broadcast, claiming the schedule was overbooked.

But executives at NBC TODAY replaced Coulter with showbiz reporter Perez Hilton, who recently offered $1,000 to anyone who would throw a pie at Ann Coulter. Hilton is also launching a new book this week, RED CARPET SUICIDE.

Developing...

So much for the fairness doctrine.

This is just the beginning, soon Conservatives will no longer have a voice anywhere in the "main stream" media.

Aaaa, there are other channels she can be on. I'm not really sure how I feel about her. Some things I agree with her on but then she just goes over the top, crosses the line.

I really don't think not appearing on NBC is going to hurt her at all.

NBC's silly little tantrum just guaranteed a boost in sales of Ann's book.

I have to agree with NBC on one point -- Perez Hilton's celebrity gossip really IS much more appropriate and intellectually manageable for their viewers. Perez is just their speed.

IMO

This is just the beginning, soon Conservatives will no longer have a voice anywhere in the "main stream" media.

I'm a liberal, and I think you're right. The hypocrisy of my own party is beginning to really annoy me. So many little things lately.

I have to agree with NBC on one point -- Perez Hilton's celebrity gossip really IS much more appropriate and intellectually manageable for their viewers. Perez is just their speed.

IMO

lol, good point. Perez Hilton is EXTREMLY Liberal.

I would almost think getting banned from the Today show is a compliment.

I'm a liberal, and I think you're right. The hypocrisy of my own party is beginning to really annoy me. So many little things lately.

Actually, that's good to hear. This country belongs to everyone so if more people like us hold the media and politicians accountable for their actions this can be a great place for all of us, not just half.

lol, good point. Perez Hilton is EXTREMLY Liberal.

I would almost think getting banned from the Today show is a compliment.

I agree...it's a compliment, and Ann couldn't have asked for better publicity.

JMO

You say that as if it were a Bad thing :)
Just kidding.
Im a liberal but I cant get behind banning anyone for their political views.
I think Coulter is an idiot ,somewhat of a pin up girl for Timothy Mcviegh fan club members.
But even she isnt as repellant as Perez Hilton .
Its kind of like the people who want to go after the Right Wing talk radio people.
Nonsense.Freedom of Speech.
Besides these folks should be right out in the open in broad daylight so everyone knows what they are really about.
Im sure Americans can draw their own conclusions.
Besides If someone needs to be 'Banned' I would rather do it myself...with the channel selector.

Who says that the drudge report version is accurate? They are not exactly the most reliable source. Drudge only quotes a "top network source". That could be anyone.
Perhaps this is Coulter's way of making her own publicity. NBC cancels her appearance due to overbooking and she decides to make a big deal out of it by creating some controversy saying that she was banned for life. I'll believe it when I get through my life without ever seeing her pinched, hateful face again.

Actually, the Today Show just announced that Coulter is rescheduled for tomorrow -- a good support for my theory.

NBC is quickly becoming so irrelevant -- I hope Ann cancels her appearance.
On the other hand, I bet she gets a real kick from seeing the disturbed, confused, uncomfortable, deer-in-the-headlights looks on the faces of the people who fail to actually "get" what she's saying. Oh well, it should be fun to watch.

IMO

NBC is quickly becoming so irrelevant -- I hope Ann cancels her appearance.
On the other hand, I bet she gets a real kick from seeing the disturbed, confused, uncomfortable, deer-in-the-headlights looks on the faces of the people who fail to actually "get" what she's saying. Oh well, it should be fun to watch.

IMO

How can she cancel an appearance if she is "banned for life"? :waitasec:

I'm sorry but there is nothing redeemable about this woman. I think both liberals and conservatives should have their voices, ideology, etc in the media but by people who posess intelligence in the field or idea they are talking about. All this woman spews is hatred, ignorance, stereotypes and at times racism. NBC should focus on getting some people who actually know what they are talking about - on both sides of the party. I don't think Perez Hilton is the answer either.

How can they reschedule her if she's "banned for life"? :waitasec:

She wasn't banned for life. She was rescheduled and SHE made the claim that she was banned for life in order to draw attention to her pathetic self.

She wasn't banned for life. She was rescheduled and SHE made the claim that she was banned for life in order to draw attention to her pathetic self.

Hopefully her 15 minutes of fame will end soon - though Fox will certainly keep prolonging it. My SO thinks the sun rises and sets in her opinions- I can't stand to listen to her - so it makes for some very interesting evenings around here when she's spewing her drivel!

IMO

You meant this sarcastically right? :crazy: I have no idea who Ann Coulter is, but I do (unfortunately) know who PHilton is....... I can't imagine that he might be more intellectually stimulating then, well........ anything.

Salem

Oh Darn, for some reason I just forget to race to the TV this morning and watch CBS. Did I miss her talking about the Chapter, "Victim of a Crime: Blame a Single Mother"?

Aw, shucks.

I was busy reading Twilight, and Edward is an alot more interesting Vampire.

I heard Ann C on Neal Boortz radio earlier today talking about her new book, Guilty. She said she was banned by NBC but that they had reconsidered and she would be on the Today show tomorrow.

Russell

Oh Darn, for some reason I just forget to race to the TV this morning and watch CBS. Did I miss her talking about the Chapter, "Victim of a Crime: Blame a Single Mother"?

Aw, shucks.

I was busy reading Twilight, and Edward is an alot more interesting Vampire.

LOL, Marthatex :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back