Benjaman - Work Related Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Post jobs that Benjaman may have done/places he may have worked on this thread.

BK: Said he fell off a loading dock and injured his left arm, over 30 years ago. 1978?
Anyone?

He did not know where, but for some reason, I am thinking people on the forum thought it was in CO.

BK: It has been posted that people thought he had been an insurance claims agent.
I do not remember timeline. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago.?

BK; He feels he knows a lot about restaurants kitchens, design or building.

BK: As I remember it, some have posted that they thought he was in food infomercials, maybe 20 to 25 years ago. 1983 to 1988?

BK: Someone posted that they thought he had been seen at food trade show conventions. I think they said Florida. Maybe 1990's?

I will check threads and my notes for any more information and about possible corrections on time periods.
Please, anyone just jump in, correct my posts. I did not have info at hand when I posted.

Whoops, I didn't see this before starting the restaurant colfax angle thread. Should we merge these two?

Regarding the loading dock injury-it may have been in Indiana when he was in his 20's.

He and I had a spirited discussion the other day regarding flatware: where it is being made, where it has been made in the past and what constitutes good quality. He had a lot to say about it.

So I have been thinking: Should we pick a few industries and work our way through them before we move on to the next. For example-

Lets say we pick restaurant supply and restaurant engineering. We can find all of the companies in CO associated with those two things and slam them with flyers.

Does this make any sense??

O/T-I used to work for a flatware manufacturer which is why I could hold my own in the discussion with him, lol....:crazy:

Whoops, I didn't see this before starting the restaurant colfax angle thread. Should we merge these two?

IMO, no.
I'm glad you made the post so that this specific topic can be discussed more; and I think it should.

This will allow everyone to get a game plan on exactly where to target when sending stuff out. It was on my list of things to do once I get those info pages set up that I was talking about.

I've been collecting food industry sites to my bookmarks along the way of my last weeks worth of reading, etc.

Hiya Rose,
can I abbv Rose? I agree on breaking up the Rest ind info. I added the two sites I thought would be of interest on the other thread. I guess we'll take a group consensus.

I found two Restaurants on Colfax that have been in business since the 1960's and I wanted to send BK's flyer info but won't be able to get to it until tomorrow or next week.

I'd like to see us list what we have done... say, I send to Johnny's Diner so we aren't duplicating efforts.

I do think we can combine who we sent to and the discussion on the restaurant equipment/engineering/products info. But would like to know what others think and we'll make a group decision.

Regarding the loading dock injury-it may have been in Indiana when he was in his 20's.

He and I had a spirited discussion the other day regarding flatware: where it is being made, where it has been made in the past and what constitutes good quality. He had a lot to say about it.

So I have been thinking: Should we pick a few industries and work our way through them before we move on to the next. For example-

Lets say we pick restaurant supply and restaurant engineering. We can find all of the companies in CO associated with those two things and slam them with flyers.

O/T-I used to work for a flatware manufacturer which is why I could hold my own in the discussion with him, lol....:crazy:

Cool! Believe. I used to work for a paper/plastics and janitorial "re-di" for the restaurant and hospital markets. Though they only handled disposables at the time.

Hiya Rose,
can I abbv Rose? I agree on breaking up the Rest ind info. I added the two sites I thought would be of interest on the other thread. I guess we'll take a group consensus.

I found two Restaurants on Colfax that have been in business since the 1960's and I wanted to send BK's flyer info but won't be able to get to it until tomorrow or next week.

Rose is fine.
I sent you a PM.
I have a few sites saved for Denver IIRC that need to be followed up on.

IMO, this post should be retitled to restaurant work related

I like restaurant work related too.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I agree. Pick restaurant supply or restaurant owners.
My son owns a very nice restaurant and he opened a new one last fall. He gave me a long talk about cost of flatware and nice quality dishes.
I will ask him where he buys his flatware.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I agree. Pick restaurant supply or restaurant owners.
My son owns a very nice restaurant and he opened a new one last fall. He gave me a long talk about cost of flatware and nice quality dishes.
I will ask him where he busy his flatware.

Maybe get his opinion too on which would be the better way to go.

didnt realize thread was merged already..

I just came across this while reading old posts. It was posted by his nurse friend, so hopefully this will help decide which way to focus..

He is of above-average intelligence and seems to possess a great deal of knowledge regarding restaurant buildings, supplies and equipment. He also seems to know a great deal about buildings in general. This may possibly relate to his career prior to his amnesia.

On the to do list: (If anyone has done this, please post so we are not duplicating efforts)
1) There is a Petes Kitchen, and petesrestaurantstoo.com They currently own 7 restaurants which have been family owned since the 1960's in the denver area. I'd like to get fliers out to each of their locations. Even if these aren't restaurants that Mr. Kyle recalls himself, perhaps their are some old timers who have been frequenting these restaurants for decades and may recognize Mr. Kyle. I would like to contact them as well, to inquire about any other restaurant establishments or old timers who have been in the industry for decades to pass along Mr. Kyles info/fliers.

2)The NRA show is held annually at McCormick place in Chicago. It used to be held in January, but is currently held in May. I would like to find out either from the NRA, or from the company who sets up/manages the convention( as that would be a company other than the NRA) if we can have Mr. Kyles fliers posted at various entrances into the NRA show. I realize that is held in Chicago, and we don't know if Mr. Kyle is from Chicago, but many in the industry fly out for this annual show. Now I don't know which company handles setting up the convention for the NRA but hopefully we can find out.

3)I'd also like to see if we can get the NRA, and CRA- Colorado Restaurant Association to include Mr. Kyles flier in their monthly, or quarterly journal or magazine. I hope they would be willing to donate a portion of their page to help id Mr. Kyle. (ya know, some 'goodwill')

Re: the NRA show... I'd be willing to drive downtown and put up fliers for the NRA show if we have permission to do so. It's not horribly far, and I can always take my little guy and make a day of it as the museums arent too far.

(I'm terrible about trusting or relying on someone else to do that for the show, so I would like to myself to ensure they are actually put up. ;) )

Post #298 by phenolred

post link

~SNIP~~~~

I still think this information I found MIGHT BE relavent.

He is very familiar with the resturaunt business, such as resturaunt layouts building codes and construction, wiring.

In this memory he mentions a Azars Big Boy. Based on my research Azars Big Boy was a franchise and the ONLY 2 states to have Azars Big Boys was Indiana and Colorado.
I also found that the same arcitects built both the Colorado and the Indianapolis Indiana Big Boys. I have found that the man the owned the Denver franchise of Azars big boy lived in Fort Wayne Indiana. His name wa Stanley Guttmacher.
The arcitechts names Louis Armet and Eldon Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361