OH - Angry Ohio boy, 4, shoots baby sitter

:eek:Shot him for stepping on his foot.:eek:

Why does a 4 year old have access to a loaded firearm? Heck, why did the babysitters even have access to loaded firearms?

"Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.

"Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.

Bolding by me. I'm sorry but that just cracked me up:clap:

He shot him for stepping on his foot and he's only 4. I can imagine what he will be like when hes older. Jeez,fiesty 4 year old!

OMG!!! Spamelope is too funny!!!

"Eighteen-year-old Nathan Beavers was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured."
http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445

How many teens does it take to babysit a 4 year old? So the 4 year old injured 2 teens by shooting them? This sounds suspicious..

"Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children."

Beavers and some other teenagers were watching several children, with a loaded shotgun in the trailer. That's horrible, why was there even a shotgun available to children and teens? I'd be more worried about the teens getting ahold of it than a 4 year old, i guess you never know.. suspicous!

"Eighteen-year-old Nathan Beavers was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured."
http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445

How many teens does it take to babysit a 4 year old? So the 4 year old injured 2 teens by shooting them? This sounds suspicious..

"Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children."

Beavers and some other teenagers were watching several children, with a loaded shotgun in the trailer. That's horrible, why was there even a shotgun available to children and teens? I'd be more worried about the teens getting ahold of it than a 4 year old, i guess you never know.. suspicous!

Now that you mention it, it does sound odd. Is it physically possible for a 4 yr old to hold a shotgun, aim it with accuracy and pull the trigger? Hmm, maybe somebody was fooling with a shotgun and didn't want to get into trouble so they blamed it on the 4 yr old? Might be/Might not be.

Now that you mention it, it does sound odd. Is it physically possible for a 4 yr old to hold a shotgun, aim it with accuracy and pull the trigger? Hmm, maybe somebody was fooling with a shotgun and didn't want to get into trouble so they blamed it on the 4 yr old? Might be/Might not be.

A shotgun is awfully heavy for a 4 year old to pick up and carry around i would think. Especially if the home was full of teenagers and children, someone should have noticed the child with it. I'm thinking along the same lines you are, Kat.

:eek:Shot him for stepping on his foot.:eek:

Why does a 4 year old have access to a loaded firearm? Heck, why did the babysitters even have access to loaded firearms?

Exactly, this is why firearms should be locked up and kept unloaded.

I don't know if they can get one Teletubbie on the jury it might be a hung jury for them. :crazy:

A shotgun is awfully heavy for a 4 year old to pick up and carry around i would think. Especially if the home was full of teenagers and children, someone should have noticed the child with it. I'm thinking along the same lines you are, Kat.

I don't know I agree but it sounds like the kid admitted it but that might have been out of fear.

Well if the kid DID it (not sure if he did or not...) he had to learn that kind of behavior from someone (parents)...

I was thinking the same thing. We have a shotgun (kept in a locked safe) and there is no way my 4 yr old, or even my 6 yr old could lift it and hold it steady long enough to accurately hit a target. Smells kinky to me.

I was thinking the same thing. We have a shotgun (kept in a locked safe) and there is no way my 4 yr old, or even my 6 yr old could lift it and hold it steady long enough to accurately hit a target. Smells kinky to me.

:eek::eek::whipper:

JACKSON, Ohio - Police say a 4-year-old boy in southern Ohio shot his babysitter because the sitter accidentally stepped on his foot. Police said 18-year-old Nathan Beavers and several other teenagers were babysitting several young children in a mobile home in Jackson on Sunday when the shooting happened.
OOps did not see this started. Mods please delete

:waitasec:

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/01/05/shoot.html?sid=101

"The boy, apparently angered that Beavers stepped on his foot, retrieved a shell from a drawer in a back bedroom, grabbed a 20-gauge single-shot shotgun from a closet and loaded the weapon, Ephlin said."

You gotta be kidding me right?:rolleyes:

That is some caca de toro! No one in the house stopped the boy from getting a shotgun and lugging that around?? This story stinks to the high heavens!

"The boy, apparently angered that Beavers stepped on his foot, retrieved a shell from a drawer in a back bedroom, grabbed a 20-gauge single-shot shotgun from a closet and loaded the weapon, Ephlin said. He returned to the living room, and in front of another 17-year-old boy and other children, shot Beavers. "It's lucky it was birdshot," Ephlin said of the shell the boy inserted into the shotgun.
The boy's father said he was shocked that his son knew how to load and fire the shotgun. The boy has watched others shoot but never was taught how to handle a gun, he said."
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/01/05/shoot.html?sid=101

I think the teenagers are using the child to cover up their own goofing around with a gun. Two 17 year old teenage boys and other children were there.. i have to question why parents would have 2 teenage boys babysitting their children.
How big was this 4 year old that was able to grab a gun from the drawer in a bedroom, lug it to the living room, load it and pull the trigger?? With no prior training in how to use a gun..

That is some caca de toro! No one in the house stopped the boy from getting a shotgun and lugging that around?? This story stinks to the high heavens!

"The boy, apparently angered that Beavers stepped on his foot, retrieved a shell from a drawer in a back bedroom, grabbed a 20-gauge single-shot shotgun from a closet and loaded the weapon, Ephlin said. He returned to the living room, and in front of another 17-year-old boy and other children, shot Beavers. "It's lucky it was birdshot," Ephlin said of the shell the boy inserted into the shotgun.
The boy's father said he was shocked that his son knew how to load and fire the shotgun. The boy has watched others shoot but never was taught how to handle a gun, he said."

I think the teenagers are using the child to cover up their own goofing around with a gun. Two 17 year old teenage boys and other children were there.. i have to question why parents would have 2 teenage boys babysitting their children.
How big was this 4 year old that was able to grab a gun from the drawer in a bedroom, lug it to the living room, load it and pull the trigger?? With no prior training in how to use a gun..

I agree this is beginning to stink like old trout. :trout:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090106/babysitter-shot.htm

"Investigators say a group of teenagers were watching the boy while his father was at work.The boy's father, William Crisp, couldn't believe, "He knew it was wrong, he'd seen the guns loaded and shot before, but he'd never actually seen the carnage it makes when it hits something. He knows that now."

With a group of teenagers baby sitting, you'd think at least one of them would have the common sense to go after the boy before he even got to the gun in the bedroom drawer. None of the teens did, and the boy carried the gun to the living room, then shot it without any knowledge on how to shoot a gun:saythat: This story stinks like dead fish. :no:

I hope the truth comes out.:crossfingers:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back