The Murder Trial in March ~ Daily Info, What to Expect, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaKatz

Former Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start this thread in anticipation of the March Trial, so we can discuss what happens daily during the trial, what to expect, a place for our own Legal Eagles to weigh in, etc. Hopefully we can keep actual trial event discussion in one thread where we can refer back to it often, if/when needed.

ok, I'll start.

Here's one thing I know to expect during the trial. Autopsy photos WILL BE SHOWN in the courtroom during the trial. KC will have an opportunity to see what has become of her daughter. The A's will also be able to see Caylee's remains during the trial, if they are sitting in the courtroom. If the trial is televised, the cameras will not be allowed to angle towards the photos.

(here's how I know this) ~
20 yrs. ago, I sat in on a murder trial, where the accused had broken into a house, tied up a girl (who was his best friend's girlfriend and also my neighbor), tied her up, then took her to a remote place where he took her out of the car, tied her with the rope to the bumper of the car, and drug her behind the vehicle for several miles. (his claim was that he was tripping on acid at the time). The prosecution had photos of what she looked like after this horrific deed, they had them blown up to "poster size", and pulled them out for everyone to see during the trial. It was very detailed and very graphic. The accused was sentenced to Death, and was actually put to death about 10 years ago.

The A's will also be able to see Caylee's remains during the trial, if they are sitting in the courtroom.

if they are to testify as witnesses are they allowed to be in the courtroom?

Here's one thing I know to expect during the trial. Autopsy photos WILL BE SHOWN in the courtroom during the trial. KC will have an opportunity to see what has become of her daughter. The A's will also be able to see Caylee's remains during the trial, if they are sitting in the courtroom. If the trial is televised, the cameras will not be allowed to angle towards the photos.

Won't Casey have already seen the autopsy photos by then? I would think that JB will show them to her as soon as he gets them. Scott Peterson saw Laci's authopsy photos before trial.

I have to say I do not expect the trial to be in March. Not one this highly publicized, need for too many top experts, etc... Most murder trials don't go to trial for at least a year after indictment. So, actual trial may not be until late summer, early autumn.

Yes, KC will see the photos, jurors will, and the A's if they stay in the room. They will be allowed to leave the room if they want. The cameras will not be on the photos as FloridaKatz stated.

I doubt the photos will have any impact on the perp, or JB will tell her to act very upset or look down. She will be (or should be) thoroughly instructed on how to act in Court.

I will be interested in hearing witness testimony, and to see if JB is crazy enough to put perp on the stand. That will be fun!

However, by the time trial comes around, depending on developments, there may not be much witness testimony or need for it. We will have to wait and see.

I am also interested in hearing the results of the psych eval for mitigation factors, although I think we have it all figured out by now.

Opening and closing statements by the State and JB should be dynamic. The State will be graphic in description and theory. However, unless someone else helps JB out on those, I am not so sure his will be very moving. Especially if still relying on the nanny did it.

Daily juror reactions from reporters! That is what we really want to know!

Won't Casey have already seen the autopsy photos by then? I would think that JB will show them to her as soon as he gets them. Scott Peterson saw Laci's authopsy photos before trial.

Most likely she will see them the minute JB gets them.

Howdy All!

It's way too early to start this thread, so it is being closed for now and we can start another one the day of the actual trial.

Thanks for understanding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member