701 users online (157 members and 544 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm also one of those people haunted by this case, Rob's story as well as his (in my opinion) heartbreak in UM. Just joined websleuths after being a long time reader and this was the first case I looked up. How I wish there had been more action taken then, or some developments since. If Rob was indeed telling the truth, it's a horrible way to lose someone: in terror and so close to helping them, only to helplessly watch them get away.

As a longtime fan of Unsolved Mysteries, this was the first case they featured that truly frightened me. It was mentioned in a previous that Angela's boyfriend's story could not be corroborated. The UM segment did say that the boyfriend was investigated and cleared by authorities. I still wonder if there is a connection between Angela's case and others (Trudy Darby and Cheryl Kenney). After 26 years, this case needs resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the boyfriend. This episode is in Season 4 on Amazon.

The decal on the truck was so unique I can't believe no one was able to identify him.

Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    I believe the boyfriend. This episode is in Season 4 on Amazon.

The decal on the truck was so unique I can't believe no one was able to identify him.
    Could you tell me the episode number please? Looked through every episode description on amazon and can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

It's episode 16, Season 4

Just to give some perspective about 1991 and this case.

Using a pay phone to make a call in town wouldn't have been that usually.

I remember reading about this case on the UM forums a while ago and someone mentioning that Angela didn't have a phone at her parents house to call from.

Angela and her boyfriend weren't living together at the time.

She was out with a girlfriend while he was babysitting his brother at his home - or more accurately his parents house.

At 4 months pregnant, I can see making plans to meet up later, but then feeling extremely tired - from the pregnancy- and Angela calling to say she wanted to go home to sleep. Going over to her boyfriends house might have meant staying instead of getting to sleep.

And if she didn't have a phone at home, with cell phones not available, a pay phone by the local grocery store would be the only option.

As a teen myself in 1991, this scenario is very plausible. And very scary. I've made a few late night calls at pay phones in the late eighties/early nineties and consider myself lucky now - in hind sight.

I do believe the events took place as the boyfriend lays out. From the other forum, it sounded like he was eventually able to marry and move on with his life.

With the more recent discovery of Wendy Camp, her daughter and sister in law and the jailing of their truly evil murderer, Angela Hammond - along with the Harkins/Cooper/Robertson/Riemer murders - are the next haunting UM cases that I hope can still find closure after all this time.

I find these cases more frightening and memorable because of their randomness, crossing paths with a deeply disturbed stranger at exactly the wrong time.

Has anyone tried searching for any UD/Jane does in the area? I don't think she's alive.

Speculation has been made as to Larry Hall being a suspect.

Larry Hall seems farfetched and he doesn't fit the physical description. Besides, he drove a white van.

I'm so surprised that this case was never solved. It was such a distinctive description of a very unique vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    I'm so surprised that this case was never solved. It was such a distinctive description of a very unique vehicle.
    The notebook, it wasent all that unique, lots of old trucks had those fish jumping out water decales on their back windows. They pretty popular and sold at most big dollar stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    How about the I65 killer.

image.jpg
    Was this guy ever caught?

No Terry he was never caught, and he not only looks like the sketch from the Burger Chef murders, but his description is very close to what was described in Angela's abduction.

He even wore a pair of bibed overalls.
    Last edited by Ibiz; 01-12-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibiz View Post
    No Terry he was never caught, and he not only looks like the sketch from the Burger Chef murders, but his description is very close to what was described in Angela's abduction.

He even wore a pair of bibed overalls.
    That very interesting. Angela’s abduction has haunted me since the very first time I saw it “Unsolved Mysteries”. What crime did this sketch originate from?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast