Looking for hubbies favorite candy

Paisley

Reaction score
I have been looking all over for a candy called Strawbana. It is made by Mike & Ike. It is basically just like Hot Tamales but the flavors are strawberry and banana. I can't find it anywhere around here and the places I have found it online have gone out of business. Has anyone seen this in any stores?

We had a thread in the jury room and one of our best sleuthers put this information out - they may have what you're looking for:

04-27-2004, 04:08 PM
MysteryMomma
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/ this site offers some old favorites, kinda fun.

Thanks much for the link. I found every other flavor of Mike & Ike candy there but not strawberry/banana. Poop! Finding this candy has been a lot harder that I thought it would be.

Do you have a Cracker Barrel store/restaurant anyplace close to you? They carry a lot of old-fashioned candies.

Paisley said:
I have been looking all over for a candy called Strawbana. It is made by Mike & Ike. It is basically just like Hot Tamales but the flavors are strawberry and banana. I can't find it anywhere around here and the places I have found it online have gone out of business. Has anyone seen this in any stores?
Paisley- I looked up the manufacturer of the candy but could not find out if the candy is still available. If you go to the home page, you can contact them and ask.

http://www.justborn.com/products/mike_ike.html

Thanks to all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

I contacted the manufacturer a week ago but they have not responded.

Roxanne, I tried that link and ordered a case of the stuff (my husband really wants that candy bad!) and I received an email message telling me that their site was closed due to lack of business. Thanks for helping me search though!

I am beginning to think this is hopeless!

If you know what city the mfg is in, did you try the Yellow Pages online for that city?

also try groovycandies.com they have liike the best selection of nonstolgic candies, they even have these cute retro boxes they have the 50s box the 60's 70's filled will all your favorite childhood candies from the era u grew up in they also have a 50's-80s loot bag filled with a buch of candies and such i got a sampler box for my moms birthday and she went crazy over all her fav candies from the past

Thanks for all of the responses. I heard from the manufacturer and they no longer make the candy, so I guess I am out of luck.

Paisley said:
Thanks for all of the responses. I heard from the manufacturer and they no longer make the candy, so I guess I am out of luck.

Paisley, could they possibly give you some kind of recipe so you could make your own?? Someone must have it, and if they don't make it anymore, why not ask them??

That is a good idea Peekaboo. I'll have to do that. Thanks a bunch!

i know its not mike and ikes but what about geting like stawberry flavored jelly bellys and the banana flavored i think they make banana its chewy like mike and ikes just a thought

Thought about going the Jelly Belly route. We'll probably end up doing that. I'll check out the taffy too. Thanks much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back